Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

*August 2012 Babies* <3 - Page 21

Replies (492)

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » Apr. 30, 2012 5:12pm

@Becky - Welcome to the group and congrats!! I'm also having a girl, due August 1st... I can't wait!!!

Feeling the baby's movement has been so awesome, and i've just started being able to see really clear movements on the outside of my belly, which is another amazing an awesome milestone. I feel like I could sit for hours just waiting to see her next movement. The good news is, I don't ever have to wait they long... I've definitely got an active little one in there!

Enjoy your 3D scan next week! So fun!!

@cj - Wow, sounds like you're feeling ready to have this little one soon!! Fingers crossed that you'll find some relief and get a chance for some much needed rest before he/she gets here!

NewBeginnings79

Reply by cjpalaska » Apr. 30, 2012 7:57pm

newbeginnings: I too enjoy seeing and feeling the movements of my little one! I Even if they are a little painful at times......It gets even more visible with more time that passes! It makes it seem very real!

I went today for my non stress test and everything was good! Dr. said our baby is very active! I go for another on Thurs.... then next week I have an ultrasound to measure growth.... and of course more non stress tests!!! But he thinks my not feeling well lately has been due to my blood pressure medication so we are switching that to a different one to see if that helps.... otherwise he said it could just be "pregnancy"...... But I have been feeling dizzy and super tired in the mornings so I am hoping this helps......

cjpalaska

Reply by inlove » Apr. 30, 2012 8:53pm

Hi ladies! Hope all the August babies are doing well!

I'm at 26 weeks now, started feeling movements higher up. Am not looking forward to her getting into my ribs in the near future! But love how strong she is getting :)

My anemia has been taking its toll on me! Some days I can barely move I feel so weak.. I've had it pre-pregnancy and thought it was improving until the last week. Dr running some extra bloodwork to double check things.

I'm starting to feel a lil anxious to buy, buy, buy lol.. We have almost nothing started :-s I did order the crib..should be here this week. I'm sure I'll be having a shower..but not knowing when or what I will have is making nervous!

Dh seems to always be getting on my nerves!! He doesn't ever seem to say or do the right thing lol.. Anyone else feel like this?

User Image

User Image

User Image

inlove

Reply by beckyhd86 » Apr. 30, 2012 9:53pm

An update to my previous post in here...

I'm actually due on August 11 2012 with my first baby girl - 3rd pregnancy and she is very active!!!.
I had a scan today and midwife to confirm that I'll be 26 weeks this Friday (5 May 12)

Backache, tiredness, soreness,, you name it I've had it or got it!!! Also starting to get nursery sorted out.

We're not buying anything too new, as we've stlll got the pram I used for my 3 year old, as it's still in good condition. Just need to buy clothes, bottles, bedding, nappies - the basics.

I feel so HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

beckyhd86

Reply by sageviolet » May. 3, 2012 12:02pm

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing relatively well! It's hard to believe we're almost at the 3rd trimester.

I've been feeling good. It's definately grown up to under my ribs now which is good for keeping me from slouching, but I still feel (and see) movements low. No rib kicks yet.

The nursery is slowly coming together. We had a new light and ceiling fan installed. I'm still slowly getting dh to move his things out. We have the crib, and it's currently the "storage bin" for other things we've accumluated such as a bathtub and bouncy chair. Lots more coming with the baby shower later this month! We timed it so it'll be while the in-laws are visiting from out of state.

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 3, 2012 2:00pm

Hi ladies! Glad everyone is doing well so far..... I am still going twice a week for my non stress tests which is keeping me busy! Also still doing insulin at night for gestational diabetes..... but so far that is it so that is pretty good! I am having all kinds of aches and pains also! I also feel huge and can't put my shoes on anymore by myself..... I have all kinds of movement and it is gettting uncomfortable at times..... up by my ribs and down lower! But it reminds me that the baby is diong good so I don't mind!

cjpalaska

Reply by beckyhd86 » May. 3, 2012 3:25pm

I'm constantly getting kicked in the rib area, as her feet are jammed in theire currently. Starting to notice arms/legs poking out as she stretches out all over! No sleep either as that is when she's really active.....

I'm starting to feel really big, extremely tired and emotional, not to mention uncomfortable.

I'm 26 weeks tomorrow!!! I can't wait to be in the third tri as I'll be counting down the days then!!. I never felt this way when pregnant with my 2 boys.

Glad everyone else is doing OK.....

Becky

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

beckyhd86

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 4, 2012 1:47pm

Well ladies, I went for my non stress test yesterday at noon and I ended up being admitted to the hospital and I am still here...... being monitored..... I started labor contractions and I was 1cm dilated so they gave me medication to stop the contractions and put me on an IV plus antibiotics and a steriod to help the babies lungs. I am just hanging out now here and I am not sure when I get to go home. Technically on hospital bedrest for now. Can't say it is fun...... I would rather be at home on bedrest but I trust their judgment.... my dr. wants to error on being super cautious than not and I trust him so that is good! Baby is great though! Just is a little scary and real the more things they have to do or give me and I just keep hoping they will discharge me to home soon! I am hoping this little one stays in for more time!!![

cjpalaska

Reply by beckyhd86 » May. 4, 2012 2:56pm

I've got my fingers crossed for you cjp and hope it all goes OK and baby stays in there for a bit longer...

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

beckyhd86

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » May. 4, 2012 3:09pm

Oh @cjp... thinking of you and fingers crossed that baby stays put for a bit longer! It's sounds like it was a good thing your doctors were monitoring you so closely! So sorry to hear that you are having to deal with something so scary, but it definitely sounds like you and baby are in good hands. Lots of luck to you and keep us posted!

NewBeginnings79

Reply by curl_gurl » May. 4, 2012 4:27pm

CJ I'm praying that everything works out okay, you seem to be in good care so no worries.

So, I went in for my 24 week check-up today and baby is measuring at 25 weeks. Is this a bad thing? I hope I didn't over eat. Normally, my measurements always match my weeks. Should I be worried or concerned? I hope I'm not harming my baby. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 4, 2012 4:39pm

the ultrasounds can be off by a little bit and babies can measure either big or smaller at any point in the pregnancy... I wouldn't worry about it unless they are consistently over or get more over than one week...... Mine is measuring a little bigger but that is due to gestational diabetes... otherwise they don't worry too much about it unless it continues for awhile!

cjpalaska

Reply by curl_gurl » May. 5, 2012 3:10am

@cj this is good to know. How are you doing?

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 5, 2012 3:41pm

Well I got to go home last night!!!! Looks like my labor decreased and was very sporadic contractions- which really never hurt really for me- and I didn't dialate anymore so they said I could go home but I have to be on modified bed rest for the next three weeks..... and keep going to my non stress tests. I can get up do do small necessary things but then I have to put my feet up at least 8 hours in the day not counting sleeping! But I am soooo glad to not be at the hospital on bed rest. I was done with that by 30 hours of being there. The beds are not comfortable and of course no privacy with them constantly doing things to you. Now I am not looking forward to being there while in labor..... although I know they are really on top of things.... that makes me feel good. Hospitals are hospitals though......

cjpalaska

Reply by beckyhd86 » May. 6, 2012 2:50pm

pleased to read you are now back home cjp - although not the bed rest!!

I'm at the stage now where I'm feeling really pregnant, uncomfortable and huge! Even my clothes don't fit so have to raid my fiance's joggers, shirts etc!!!

Hope everyone else who is due in Aug is doing OK

Becky

beckyhd86

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » May. 11, 2012 6:29pm

@CJ - So glad to hear you were able to go home. How are you feeling this week?

@Becky - I am right there with you. It's tough to get comfortable, and I just hate the way I look in everything when I get dressed in the morning... but then again, I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!

I've been getting really excited about meeting baby lately. Finally getting into the 3rd trimester has made me realize the time is getting closer, and I can't wait! But that also means I need to get my butt in gear and finish...er, start... the nursery and begin thinking about a birth plan, packing a hospital bag, etc.

I had my 28 week appointment yesterday. Doc confirmed the placenta had moved away from the cervix, which means no more pelvic rest for me, and no need for a scheduled C-Section. Yay! We also got to see our little one for the last time via ultra-sound. Bittersweet. I could watch her for hours on the ultrasound screen. She was very cute... I could make out a cute little pudgy nose, and she was opening and closing her mouth, and she also brought her hand up to her mouth like she was going to suck on her thumb. Love, love, love it!

NewBeginnings79

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 11, 2012 7:31pm

Hi everyone! I am just hanging out at home on bedrest ..... and going to dr. apts. everyday almost it seems! I haven't been having any contractions that are steady anyway....... I have non stress tests twice a week which have been good so far. We had another ultrasound yesterday..... and baby is measuring fine even with gestational diabetes......5 lbs 7 oz... and they predict him/her to be 5 ft. 7 in tall in the future...... I am only 5'1 so I am very happy!! Baby was sucking on him/her's foot! Sooo cute and I can't wait to meet them! We have our maternity photos tomorrow! That should be fun..... although I am not feeling very attractive but I want the photos so I am going to grin and bear it!! Dr. is going to reevaluate me next week and check my cervix again and do a strep test... he said after that is is comfortable with whenever I go into labor and that the baby should do excellent.......

cjpalaska

Reply by beckyhd86 » May. 11, 2012 9:49pm

Quickly on here to let you know that I had my baby girl yesterday - 10 May 2012. Born at 27 weeks and weighs 3lb 6oz.

Hollie is in the neonatal ward and is doing very well. She is absolutely gorgeous and I love her to bits!

Will post birth story in next few days.......

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

beckyhd86

Reply by wassernixe » May. 12, 2012 7:18am

Becky- I am glad your little one is doing so well despite being born early! Us preemies are born fighters. :)

Congratulations! And I hope you get to take her home with you as soon as possible.

Lots of good thoughts sent your way. And I hope you get a little time to rest and take it all in. I'm sure the situation is stressful.

User Image

User Image

wassernixe

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 12, 2012 6:56pm

Congratulations Becky!!!! I was worried I was going to deliver early.... you beat me to it!!! Glad you and baby are doing great! Hope you both get to go home soon.......

I had my maternity photos today with dh... they were great! Had a great time and very excited to see the final pics later this week! I felt great getting dressed up for the first time in months and having my hair and nails done for the pictures...... Highly recommend it!

cjpalaska