Learn More About What To Expect During Your Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Weight Gain
How much weight should I gain during my pregnancy?
- Baby's Heartbeat
What is a normal fetal heart rate?
- Healthy Eating During Pregnancy
What should you eat and how much?
- Food Techniques For Nausea In Pregnancy
- The Needle's Edge - A Breakdown of Prenatal Testing
- Tiny Pictures - Ultrasounds and Diagnostic Images During Pregnancy
- Sex During Pregnancy
- When To Call The Doctor - Things You Shouldn't Ignore During Your Pregnancy
- Beta hCG Test (Pregnancy Blood Test)
Learn more about the "pregnancy hormone" hCG.
- Baby Kick Counting
What is it, how to do it and why it's important.
- Organic Baby Showers
Having a baby can often lead even non-green individuals to thinking about the planet. Hosting an organic baby shower for a new mom-to-be isn't as difficult as one might think.
Labour & Delivery
- Preparing For Birth
Readying your mind and body for the challenge ahead.
- Sober Mama: Having a Drug-Free Delivery
- Pain Control For Labour And Delivery
- Cesarean Birth (C-Section) Delivery & Birth
Pregnancy Myths - Fact or Fiction?With Dr. Shawn A. Tassone, M.D. (OB/GYN)
- Cramping in early pregnancy is a sign of miscarriage.
- If the fetal heart rate is below 140 beats per minute, it's a boy; if it's above 140, it's a girl.
- Once a preterm delivery, always a preterm delivery.
- The way you "carry" the baby gives a clue as to its gender.
- Ultrasound is 100% predictive of the baby's gender
Are you a nurse, doctor, mid-wife, doula, writer, mom or other pregnancy expert? Would you like to contribute an article or blog post to Countdown My Pregnancy? Click here to contact us about article contribution.