Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

*August 2012 Babies* <3 - Page 22

Replies (492)

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » May. 14, 2012 2:12am

Oh my gosh @becky, congrats on Baby Hollie! Glad everyone's doing okay, and hope that you get to return home soon!!

Thoughts and prayers are with you! Looking forward to hearing your birth story when things settle down for you.

User Image

User Image

NewBeginnings79

Reply by curl_gurl » May. 14, 2012 1:08pm

Congrats Becky!
@CJ please share your proofs. I can't wait to take our maternity session. Not sure what kind of pics I want...sexy or family oriented or a little hot and steaming between my DH and I but with class..lol. I guess I will talk it over with my photographer when we get to that point.Are you doing newborns photos?Is everything ready for the baby?I wanted to do another 3-D U/S but my mother was like stop putting my grandbaby through that you've done enough U/S, I tried to explain to her that it doesn't hurt that baby but my mother is so old skool.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 14, 2012 3:26pm

We did some of both.... we had some photos of just my belly and our hands ect. ; then we did one with dh's head on my belly kindof snuggling together; we did one without his shirt and showing my belly..... and we did one with me draped in a black fabric that was a little more classy and elegant.... I think they will be great! I don't usually have my nails done but I did because I knew that the pics would have our hands in it...... I felt very special so it was worth it! My belly button hasn't popped out yet either!
Otherwise everything is ready pretty much for baby.... we just need to get our mini co-sleeper to put beside our bed but that is the last thing! We literally have everything else. I need to install the car seat...... when does everyone plan on actually installing theirs? Should we be doing that soon? I have my non stress tests and a dr. apt. this week. He is going to check my cervix to see if it is more than before which was 1cm...... and do a strep test. After this week my dr. said he is ok with me delivery at any point!!! Amazing to think it can be within the next 2 or 3 weeks now! It went so fast!!!

cjpalaska

Reply by beckyhd86 » May. 14, 2012 4:08pm

Hi all,

A quick update on Hollie. She has put on 2oz in weight!! I know it's not very much, but it's in the right direction. She has got a mild lung infection, so is on medication for this via another tube, along with her oxygen one and feeding one. She just looks so small and vulnerable in there, but she is doing very well.

In the next few weeks I'll start to feed and change her, with help. I can't wait for when I'm able to hold her for the first time.

I hope to be back home at the end of the week, as my uti has almost cleared up. I still feel a bit sore and weak from the birth, but I'm so pleased to be able to get out of bed and walk!

I just heard that the young woman who was next to me when I first came into the ward (I've since moved to a private room closer to Hollie), gave birth to an 9lb 6oz boy today, after being in labour since Saturday night!! Welcome to the world Freddie!!! I feel sorry for her, as she was a week overdue, only 17 years old and a single mum. Her boyfriend (who is 42), walked out on her when she was nearly 7 months along as he decided he didn't want to become a Dad after all and that she was too young for him. I think I might go along tonight to see how she is doing and also to see Freddie.

Becky

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

beckyhd86

Reply by rkp0923 » May. 15, 2012 2:15pm

wow ladies! so much has happened with all of you in the last few weeks!

all is well here... we have been doing a name guessing game with the family and they have really enjoyed it! about half of them have figured it out from the clues now, but i am excited to share the name so we will announce it before we have our baby shower with them...

here are the clues we gave:

first and middle name has 13 letters total
the name is inspired by a classic novel
this character enjoys hunting
this novel has been known to be somewhat controversial

its been really fun and a good way to connect with family so far away...

afm i am 26w4d and feeling great! we have completed our registries and have already had a baby shower at my work. i was completely impressed with how generous our small staff was. it was really weird being the center of attention.... but really sweet! i am slightly nervous about gaining weight... i think ive gained 22 ish lbs so far and it kinda freaks me out. everyone tells me i look great and that im small and all that. its hard i guess to look in the mirror and look sooooo different! though i guess i feel better if i remind myself that my boobs are like 7lbs a piece now... lol.

thats all for me! hope all continues to be well with you girls!

pregnancy week by week

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

rkp0923

Reply by curl_gurl » May. 15, 2012 2:32pm

Hey ladies!
@CJ you pics sound like that are going to be lovely can't wait to see them.
So, yesterday I went to my first prenatal yoga class, now before going to this class I thought my stomach was kind of small to be 26 weeks, well these ladies put me to shame their bellies are so small. This Asian lady who was 26 weeks as myself looked like she just ate a lil too much that day she looked liked she only weighed 80lbs..i was like y'all have to be kidding me. Than the other women who were 30+ looked like they were carrying a tiny basketball, their bellies were so small. I felt like a whale in that class and I wanted to go running and on a diet; now I'm starting to have weight insecurity issues.I don't think I will go back b/c I feel so huge now when at first I thought I was kinda small to be 26 weeks:(

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by inlove » May. 15, 2012 3:52pm

Hi ladies!
I'm 28w1d today and have been admitted to the hospital due to A LOT of intense cramping and pressure in my pelvis with slight spotting. So far.. Fetal monitor looks great, HB is good and she's moving around a lot. Internal check showed my cervix is still closed. I'm waiting on some other test results before they will consider releasing me. This is such a scary experience! I'm praying that my lil girl stays right where she is for at least 8-10 more weeks..I'll take the pain as long as she's okay.

inlove

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 15, 2012 6:00pm

Inlove: don't worry too much- there is so much they can do now..... I was just there - in the hospital- not more than a week and 1/2 ago...... I was having contractions and had to have some medication to stop them and they gave me steroids to help the baby's lungs- just in case...... but I was there two days then things slowed down and I got to go home - eventhough I am still on bedrest at least I am home! I imagine the same will happen for you.... trust the drs..... and I at least felt safe at the hospital because they are monitoring the baby 24/7 while you are there...... Just have to be patient and take it in stride...... find some things to do while you are hanging out though - I got bored and I have learned to pack things to do in case I have to go again to the hospital. That was the worst part! Keep us posted!

cjpalaska

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » May. 16, 2012 1:15am

Hi Ladies -

@Becky - Great news that Hollie is gaining weight! She sounds like a strong little lady! Have you posted any pics of her?

@rkp - LOVE the name guessing game with your fam! Such a great idea! I'm sitting here trying to figure it out! haha! My bf and I are still tossing names around... I am feeling so indecisive. The good news is my bf and I are on the same page with names. We tend to like and dislike the same names, so that's good. But, I'm starting to think the name will be a game time decision for us.

@curl_gurl - Uuuugh, so sorry to hear about your yoga experience. I'm actually worried about the same thing. Now that I'm off of pelvic rest, I'm planning on trying out a prenatal yoga class, but so nervous that I'm so out of shape at this point, that it will make me feel worse...eeek!

@inlove - Thoughts and prayers are with you!! Definitely keeping my fingers crossed that your little girl stays put for several more weeks, but I do agree with @cj - docs have so much experience and technology now to support those early arrivals. Keep us posted! Thinking of you!

AFM, my birthing classes start next week. And, our plan is to get the contractors in here next week to start on the nursery, but we still don't have a committed date from them. Starting to get nervous that I'm getting behind on things! Otherwise, feeling pretty good...only experience back achy-ness, I think primarily from sitting at my desk all day. I can't ever seem to find a comfortable position.

User Image

User Image

NewBeginnings79

Reply by curl_gurl » May. 16, 2012 2:46pm

Hey NewBeginnings glad things are going well, don't stress over the nursery the contractors are paid professionals so they well get it finish in time.
As far as the prenatal yoga class it was actually great I was just comparing my bump to everyone's else bumps which I shouldn't be doing I'm just thankful I have a bump b/c it was a journey to finally become preggo, so I just needed to vent for awhile, but I'm thankful for my bump even if it is bigger than most of the women in the class.I just wished she would have focused on more exercises to help alleviate my round ligament pain b/c i told her about it before class and she said she would do some exercises to help with that.I'm really going to make sure I attend class towards 36 weeks b/c she does exercises that helps promote delivery for women who are close to their due date and I'm also going to do the mommy and baby yoga once the baby is born. Does anyone plan on doing the mommy and baby yoga?That should be very friend and its a great way for us to bond with our newborn.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by beckyhd86 » May. 16, 2012 4:02pm

@Newbeginnings: I've just posted a couple under "Baby Photos". I don't like to put too many photos online of the family, as not sure where they will end up (or who with).

I'm getting home on Friday, but Hollie will still be in here for another few weeks. In the next couple of weeks she is going to be gradually taken off oxygen to see how well she copes with breathing on her own. If she does OK, then I'll be able to hold her!!

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

beckyhd86

Reply by curl_gurl » May. 17, 2012 2:57pm

@CJ I know your not working right now, but I was wondering if you planned on going back once you have the baby.I was curious b/c I decided to take 1.5 yrs off from work so my daughter can be walking, potty trained and saying a few words before I send her to daycare.My sister is like you are going to be so bored, but she is childless what does she know.I don't think I will be that bored raising a new born and I plan to work on starting my own company and do other productive stuff during the day.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by curl_gurl » May. 17, 2012 2:58pm

Does anyone plan on being a stay-at-home mom?

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 17, 2012 3:39pm

I haven't completely decided yet..... if I do go back it will only be part time probably.... I usually teach ESL to adults so it would only be a few hours during three days a week or so.... I might like the break for a little bit! But not for awhile anyway.... I plan on breastfeeding ect. so it may be awhile before that. And we would like another child which i know seems soon to be thinking about but we are older and had fertility problems with this one so we have to keep it in mind in our plannings. Right now I am focused on baby and family things and we are fortunate to be able to handle me not working right now! So most likely I will be staying at home for at least a year........

cjpalaska

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 17, 2012 7:22pm

Just got back from my dr. appointment ....... He checked me and said I am almost 2cm dialted and very loose! I asked him if that was normal and he said not for first time moms...... I won't make it to 40 weeks ..... and I could deliver / go into labor any day after now! He said basically call when I have contractions five minutes apart or my water breaks...... He said now that I am almost 36 weeks he isn't concerned about me delivering now. Or I could last another week or two but that would be about it. He could feel the baby's head and hair today!!!!!

cjpalaska

Reply by curl_gurl » May. 18, 2012 2:19pm

Yayy CJ you will be delivering pretty soon I'm so excited for especially since we both were on this journey together in the very beginning which was over a year ago, time flies.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by curl_gurl » May. 18, 2012 2:25pm

How do you ladies handle round ligament pain? I have it real bad in the pelvic area. What can I do to help relieve the pain, I don't want to use a heating pad nor take a hot bath. So, are there any other suggestions.

We had our first parenting class last night it was the child safety/CPR class and it was very informative. Our next class is this Sunday and its the new baby care/breast feeding class which I'm really looking forward to.

Who all is planning to breast feed?

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by prinny307 » May. 19, 2012 1:04am

My goodness it has been a while since I've had the chance to sign in here and read what everyone is up to! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with names and nurseries.

CJ- sounds like your journey is nearing an end and I'll be thinking of you, keep us posted! Though many women go to 41 weeks on average with their first, that's not the rule! You're doing great, trust that you are in good hands. You are in my thoughts so keep us posted!

prinny307

Reply by sageviolet » May. 22, 2012 1:12pm

I've been away with the in-laws visiting from out of state and busy having the baby shower. Wow, so much news to catch up on! Congrats Becky, and I hope you get to take her home soon. CJ, almost there! Rkp, love the name clues. We still need to decide. I feel like there were so many posts I would've replied to but I can't even think who or what now. I'll try...

I'm a stay at home mom. I run some websites, but it doesn't take too much time. I plan to b/f, so it'll be great.

At my appt last week I measured 2 cm ahead of the weeks using the pubic bone to fundus measurement. Last month I was 1 cm ahead. The midwife says it's probably because I'm petite and is no big deal. I can't believe I'm outgrowing some of my maternity clothes! What am I supposed to wear for the next 3 months?

We just got a hand-me-down infant carseat. We figured out how to snap it into the stroller and car base, but now we can't get it out of the car base, lol. We're going to get a new convertivble seat eventually, but this will be nice at first with the extra head support. Not sure when we'll install. Perhaps after baby is here? We've got the hand-me-down co-sleeper set up as well as the mini crib and a cute mobile I got at the shower. It's designed to stimulate visual development with interchangable cards, so we have the black and white ones on right now. Didn't get a lot of the cloth diapers from the gift registry, so I'll need to buy those.

We've been interviewing pediatricians. I liked the ones we saw yesterday. One more interview tomorrow and hopefully we can decide. Our classes on infant care and CPR are in early June. I'm eager for dh to learn about that stuff.

Sending you all lots of love and wishes for wellness!

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 22, 2012 2:53pm

Ladies..... how are you all today? I am here again at the hospital.... I went in for a non stress test yesterday and got sent to be admitted overnight. My blood pressure was higher than normal. My dr. has said that I have pregnancy induced hypertension on top of my normal high blood pressure ...... so they are checking my protien in my urine: if there is any today then I will be sent home on bedrest and have to be induced early next week for sure! If not then I will be sent home on bedrest and be continually monitored until I go into labor or it gets worse....... Worst case scenario is if there is too much protein then I will have to be delivered today!!! YIKES..... but he doesn't think that will be the case...... so I am just laying herei n the hospital / bored and trying to contemplate all the possibilities!

cjpalaska