Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

December 2015 Babies - Page 42

Replies (943)

Reply by czshcecnc » Dec. 12, 2015 12:00pm

Kenzie has arrived at 39 wks. She was 9lbs 5ozs. 21 in. I had my membranes swept on Thursday and was suppose to get induced on Friday. I was 4cm on Thursday. I went to bed at 2am on Thursday night and 15 min later i started contacting. They were 10 min apart and getting stronger as time progressed. I had to come on at 6 am to be induced. We got to the hospital at 5am and i was 7 cm. my bag was bulging. I was group B positive so they gave me meds. My water was keeping me from delivering but they wanted to give me meds. I eventually asked for a epidural. My ob came in at 8:30 am. He wanted to break my waters do I could deliver but when he did he realized the shoulder was presenting and the head was off to the side. So I had to have a emergency csection. The ob cut her cheek when he was cutting me. Poor baby. ????

~~Mom to 17 GREAT kids~~
Cari 11-18-92
Zack 2-20-95
Sara 5-29-97
Hunter 3-11-99
Clay 12-04-01
Emilie 10-07-03
Cason 8-03-05
Noah/Caitlin (twins) 5-15-07 c-section
Kailey 8-11-08 vbac #1
Braxton 5-15-10 vbac #2
Addison 4-4-11 vbac #3
Theron 5-2-12 vbac #4
Brook 10-18-13 vbac #5
Kenzie 12-10-15 c-section #2
Sophia/Lucas (twins) 9-29-18 c-section #3
TTC #18

czshcecnc

Reply by MrsZero » Dec. 12, 2015 3:06pm

Hi ladies,

Miniray, glad you had a good nihts sleep, yay for losing the plug! Thats a great sign.

Czshcecnc, congratualfions on your baby girl :D

Afm.... had the hospital this morning, long story short they cant believe how strong my contractions are with no dilation, the midwife even said they arw strong enough to push a baby out.... which i already knew lol but its good that they showed up to prove im telling the truth! The checked my blood and mh liver and its responding well to the acid tablets which is good.

Ive been given some drugs to help dilate me, i go back tomorrow morning and they will see if its helped, then either keep going with the induction process or possible c-section, which scass fhe sh*t out of me...

Send me dilation vibes please!!!

MrsZero

Reply by pbc910 » Dec. 13, 2015 5:42am

Czshcecnc - Huge congrats on the newest addition to your family! Hope your recovery goes well.

miniray - It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do and how it can make you feel! Don't worry about being grumpy...I think that the end of pregnancy is one of the times in life that being like that is a 100% acceptable and expected!

MrsZero - Don't worry about a c-section...at the end of the day, your little one will be here some way and that's all that matters! You'll be so glad you won't even care how it happened!

Waiting for more birth announcements! I'm sitting here eating a ton of chocolate and enjoying some tea while I let my husband get a couple hours of sleep. My kids are gas machines. Little Oliver has being passing gas so loud it sounds like a grown man. We had multiple diaper blowouts today. My day was full of poop and baths, haha. Babies have been really chill today My stepson had a fever so of course I was freaking out. Twins' temps were normal and I told stepson no touching or coming around his siblings. No sick babies!!!!

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » Dec. 13, 2015 7:53am

Czshcecnc - congrats on your new addition! Glad all is well.

MrsZero - hope that baby comes soon!

Pbc - hoping that fever stays away from babies! Sorry about all the poop haha.

AFM, Colton is moving around quite a bit but I still think he's breech. Will find out on Wednesday. It's kind of nice to have a plan though with the C section scheduled for Wednesday so I won't complain if he is still breech. Had a bad day today. Did way too much but everything is done and I can now just wait. Almost felt like he was going to fall out today though lol. Still waking up in the middle of the night hence my 3am post.

MalPal85

Reply by pbc910 » Dec. 14, 2015 4:33pm

MalPal - I can't tell you how many times I checked temp this weekend! Ugh

I know a lot of people want to experience a vaginal delivery but I have NO regrets about my c-section, even though it was my only option. I would do it again in a second! My recovery has been great. The first 2 days will suck and you'll think it will never pass but just remember, IT WILL! I think c-sections go better too when you know it's coming whereas people who have emergency c-sections often times have traumatic experiences. If your husband doesn't like blood and such, tell him not to look. DH looked when Fiona was being born and told me all about it and I'm so glad I didn't have to see that!

pbc910

Reply by miniray » Dec. 14, 2015 6:28pm

Czshcecnc - congratulations on the arrival of your daughter :-)

MrsZero - Just saw your FB update, congrats on the arrival of Christopher!!

Well, I had another night of painful BH, a sudden urge to go to the toilet at 5am and the pain faded... That's the 3rd night in 2 weeks that contractions have turned into nothing. Baby is still moving a lot and The BH have continued all day today, averaging every 10-15 to minutes, I'm exhausted. Oh, and holy lightning crotch!! That's been happening all day too, it's crazy.... I really am ready for this baby to come now....

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Dec. 14, 2015 8:25pm

MalPal - I also want to add that I read all these stories about women who needed so much help when they went home because of their recovery. I never had that issue. I was out of the hospital on Saturday and driving on Monday (which isn't advised but I wasn't on pain meds). I was actually quite active when I came home, but nothing crazy. I was able to take care of babies with no problem. Trust your body, if you are doing too much it will tell you!

miniray - I can say this about post pregnancy sleep...even though you don't get much, it's better than pregnancy sleep! I couldn't imagine having that type of uncomfortable sleep and waking up to take care of baby. I can't even imagine how sucky it is to have all those contractions considering they aren't leading to baby coming sooner.

MrsZero - yay on your new addition! Huge congrats and I know you must be thinking, "FINALLY!" I hope post pregnancy treats you much better than pregnancy!

pbc910

Reply by miniray » Dec. 15, 2015 8:49pm

Hi Ladies,

I went for my 38 week check-up today, and all is well. my BP was slightly elevated, but Doc said that's normal towards the end. Still no signs of pre-eclampsia. I told him about losing chunks of the mucus plug, so he examined me too today, and although my cervix is soft, I haven't dilated much and baby still needs to drop a little further. He's told me more walking, more gym ball, and sex if I'm comfortable enough. Well, the last one ain't gonna happen, not with this hip pain. I've made my 39 Week appointment, but he says that he expects to see me sooner than that!

Now, what do you do when you've already bought your Star Wars tickets for Sunday....

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Dec. 17, 2015 7:27am

miniray - tell baby to wait so you all can see Star Wars! Sounds though like it may not happen before then anyway. I don't blame you on the sex part...it's super uncomfortable when you're a million years preggo and everything hurts, feels weird, or is swollen.

Congratulations MalPal on the arrival of Colton! Looks like only miniray is left, right? I can't believe all of our babies are here (almost here). Now we can share all the glorious newborn moments.

pbc910

Reply by miniray » Dec. 17, 2015 4:13pm

pbc - even BF said he's not keen on the sex thing, especially if it's going to make me uncomfortable.... I think we're safe until after the weekend now too, the BH have calmed down a little, not so painful. It's mainly my back now, and across my hips. I've had some pains in the side of my belly, but I think it's just wind, lol! I have my TENS machine now, I might try it tonight to see how it works with the BH.

Hope you're all doing well settling into routines with your new arrivals, hoping to join you really soon! xx

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Dec. 18, 2015 5:05pm

miniray - tell your little one that it's time!!!! I think it won't be much longer now! Did you get a chance to see Star Wars? I hear it was fantastic!

pbc910

Reply by MrsZero » Dec. 19, 2015 11:20am

hi ladies sorry for going AWOL,

miniray, how are you doing?

malpal - congratulations colton is gorgeous!

well we had a rough start to Christopher-Robin's life :( we have just spent 4 days in intensive care, he heart rate was slow and irregular. cut a very long story short, we are home now and things are looking better. Intensive care was very scary and overwhelming, my baby was hooked up to a machine with lots of cables and wires and had an IV line in his head :( it was all very upsetting. On a positive note I saved the life of the baby in the cot next to ours, she was choking and I got to her before the nurses did!

My labour was 2hrs 54mins long, on saturday we went to the hospital for a ctg (as I was term) i was given a second stretch and sweep, and some meds to help dilate. Went back sunday morning, had a 3rd stretch and sweep and given a 'contraction cocktail' (think castor oil type of thing). due to go back at 4:30pm for another ctg. Labour started at 2:45pm, at 3:30pm i told Martin it was time to go back to the hospital as I labour so quickly. When we got there the ctg machines were busy so I was moooooing my way through contractions in the waiting room LOL. I was on the ctg for less than 15mins and they knew I was in true labour. Midwife checked me and I was 4cm, so moved to a delivery room, I warned them that I labour fast and when I hit 6cm baby comes! we were in the delivery room just over an hour and I announced I needed to push, my waters had not gone yet so the midwife went to break them, but the popped in that same second, all over the fresh gloves and stuff she had just put out. Next contraction I pushed out the head, panted like a boss then delivered the body! all super speedy like I knew it would be. I had a very bad 2nd degree tear, more internal damage than external, another child is not advised for us now, but I am SO done having babies!

Christopher-Robin born 13th Dec 2015, 5:39pm central europe time, 8lbs 4oz, 55cm long which is one of the longest babies ever born there! love to you all xx

MrsZero

Reply by miniray » Dec. 19, 2015 10:17pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm still hanging in there, I've spent more time walking around, doing housework and bouncing on my gym ball!

pbc - we're off to see Star Wars tomorrow evening, tickets are pre-paid, so for the first time I'm quite happy for baby to stay put for another day, lol!

MrsZero - Sorry you've had such a scary start with Christopher-Robin, I hope all is well now. Well done to you for saving that baby!!
Wow, that's a super short labour..... I'm hoping I don't labour for too long, but as long as we can get to the hospital on time I'm fine with that :-)

my BH are becoming stronger and more painful at night, so much that I have to get up and walk around, then they usually stop. It's still a little frustrating that they haven't turned into something more positive yet. I realised this morning, through one thing or another, I haven't slept straight through the night for a month now. Still people keep telling me how well and contented I look...

I really don't think I'll be much more than a couple of days, I've even been joking with BF that I'll have to start doing the labour inducing dance - Family have been deliberately making me laugh to see if they can give labour a kick-start :-)

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Dec. 20, 2015 10:37am

Mrs Zero - I can't even imagine how scary that was. Do they think he will have any lasting issues or was it just a fluke? I was hoping to hear that your delivery went amazingly smooth after your pregnancy but I guess that you needed one last hurrah. How is older brother taking it? Is he excited? What a crazy story about the baby next to you. I bet their parents were sure glad you were there! I guess the only positive of the experience was that the labor was relatively short!

miniray- I hear Star Wars was incredible! I can't wait to go see it but I'm going to wait probably another month just because I can't stand crowded theaters. I wish I had some pointers about speeding up labor but I have a feeling that if I didn't have a scheduled c section I would probably be in the same boat as you waiting for something to happen. I don't know any tricks but I do hear a lot of women who drink red raspberry leaf tea to start things. I bet the little one will come when you least expect!

We saw the pediatrician on Friday and the twins are doing well! They are both up almost 2 pounds each so Fiona is 7 pounds 10 ounces and Oliver is 7 pounds 4 ounces. Both have also gained about 2 inches in length. We have to go at the end of the month to get an ultrasound on their hips because babies who are breech sometimes have hip or leg issues. Fiona's legs curve in so hopefully they'll straighten out over time. I'm supposed to take her ankles and straighten them out each day to help the process speed up. We are also try and formula the gentle to hopefully help with the gas and fussiness. They've been on it since Friday and I'm not sure if it's helping but they do seem to be sleeping longer. He only slept for 3 hours Friday night woke up for a couple minutes and then went back to bed for about 2 hours but she never does. My mom watched both of them today while we did Christmas shopping and my mom said that they both slept for a long time so hopefully this is the beginning of a new pattern! Now that I'm not such a new parent I'm going to try their bassinet again and put a blanket in there so that they are warm I just want to put it above the waist as as instructed. It certainly is stressful being a parent and being told all the things you're not supposed to do.

pbc910

Reply by MrsZero » Dec. 21, 2015 5:01pm

hi ladies,

pbc - glad to hear the twins are doing well, I love seeing the pics on facebook, the twins are gorgeous!

with Christophers heart problem they said it seems to be 'just him' and that once he's a teenager it might have gone away which is good. I guess only time will tell. hopefully its nothing long term!

miniray - sending you lots of labour vibes! giggles and laughter are good for the soul :D

MrsZero

Reply by miniray » Dec. 21, 2015 8:47pm

Hi Ladies,

pbc - I got to see the movie, and it was indeed incredible! I won't spoil it for you though ;-)

MrsZero - I really could do with those positive vibes, today hasn't been great.

I vacuumed and mopped all the floors, spent about an hour in total bouncing on my gym ball and about 20 minutes total on all floors, rocking my pelvis. Baby has been super active today, but doesn't seem to have dropped any more. The problem is I have a short body, not much gap between my hips and ribs, so as soon as I sit down I'm uncomfortable. Same at night, baby's bottom i right under my ribs and getting in and out of bed is sometimes painful. BH are still not progressing and I lost more mucus plug today, I thought it would have all gone by now..... I am so far beyond frustrated I had a meltdown at the thought of not getting photos of the baby with my brother an SIL, which I know is just stupid. I'm starting to find it difficult to stay relaxed....

miniray

Reply by Alice_Wonderer » Dec. 22, 2015 6:50am

Hi ladies!

MalPal85 and MrsZero, congrats on the arrival of your sons!!!
Czshcecnc, congrats on the arrival of your daughter!!!

MrsZero, what a 'large' baby!! :-) That must have been so hard and scary to see your little baby hooked up on those machines :-( I'm glad he's home now, and let's hope the heart issue will indeed vanish by aging!

MalPal85, I hope all is well with you and baby Colton!!! :-)

Pbc910, your pictures are adorable!!! They look so cute together!!! :-) Do you mean that Fiona looks like you and Oliver looks like your husband? Or do they both look like both of you? :-)

Miniray, we're planning to go see the Star Wars movie too, next week :-) My MIL will take care of Anna for a couple of hours, then my husband and I have some time to devote our attention to each other ;-) Btw, I have to agree on the paper work in Belgium, it's a full time job :-s Terrible... I'm so curious to see when your baby will arrive!!

AFM, still wrestling with breast feeding, Anna eats like crazy (she already gained 600g) and we have been feeding her extras since day 3. No way I will ever keep up :-s Plus I have lots of 'wounds' so can't feed her directly and I hate being wired to the machine to pump the milk cause I want my hands free to take care of Anna. So I'm already starting to cut down 'breast feeding'. It's a shame cause I really wanted it, but seems like bottles will simply work out better for us.

Best wishes!!

Alice

Alice_Wonderer

Reply by pbc910 » Dec. 23, 2015 6:45am

MrsZero - I could post pictures all day long but realize not everyone wants to see baby pictures. I wish I had another way to post for everyone that wants to see them. I guess it's a blessing they found the issue now and not later. That way if it becomes a bigger issue that know what it is. I hope that it doesn't cause any issue for him though. How are things going at home? Smooth I hope!!!

miniray - I couldn't wait so I read the plot outline which made me more excited to see the movie. I can't freakin' wait!!! Sounds like your little one is not getting the message that it's time to come! Hopefully not too much longer. Oliver's little booty spent the last few months like that and gave me shortness of breath, which is always so nice to experience.

Alice - Oliver looks like me and Fiona looks like her dad although she does have my dimples. It's interesting because when people meet them, they usually point out features that belong to dad or I and I've actually had a couple people tell me Fiona looks like me but I don't see it. It sounds like many of us are having issue breastfeeding. Thankfully there are other options to keep our babies growing. Its nice that you will get the chance to get away. I love the times I can get a break because it makes me want to see my babies so much more. I find myself missing them now even when I take my nightly 4-5 hour nap. I wake up wanting to see them and it was not like that in the beginning.

Nothing new to really report on my end. Twins are 5 weeks old and I'm starting to enjoy things a bit more. While its still tough, things do seem to be simpler now. I am starting to pick up on their patterns and needs. We are working on getting them in the bassinet and they have spent a bit of time in there today but are still preferring their rockers or my arms for sleeping. Fiona is currently laying on my chest snoozing. We plan to work on getting them in their cribs around the 8 week mark.

I hope everyone is prepared for Christmas. We had a huge shipment not come so now I have to go out tomorrow and get lat minute presents. Thankfully our money was refunded by Amazon! Their customer service was pretty awesome!

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » Dec. 23, 2015 8:55am

Looks like I've got a lot to catch up on here but I hope all is well with everyone!

Baby Colton and I are doing well. It's a bit overwhelming but worth every second. I could stare at him all day and play with his full head of hair that I still can't believe he has. His baby picture looks pretty much just like mine except my face was a bit rounder. He is also up 7 ounces from when we brought him home on Saturday and the pediatrician said he's perfect. He actually rolled over on the table there. The pediatrician couldn't believe it and saI'd to mark it in the baby book.

Miniray - you may have posted but how are things? Anxious to hear about your bundle arriving!

MalPal85

Reply by MrsZero » Dec. 27, 2015 5:47pm

hi ladies, just a quickie, having one hell of a time with a very grumpy baby and a super sick 3 year old,

miniray how are you doing?

i hope everyone had a nice xmas xx

MrsZero