Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

sleeping issues

Category: Trimesters - First Trimester
Posted by dreamy2186_ » Jul. 29, 2011 6:31pm

i was just wondering how long the insomnia last when you are early pregnant? i have had children before. my last one was 4 years ago, and i was younger then so i didnt pay too much attention to my body! now that im pregnant again i cant sleep. i will lay in bed forever trying to fall asleep and then if i wake up for some reason in the middle of the night i cant go back to sleep for hours! just wondering if any others have the same issue... any comments would be appreciated, thanks! congrats to all that are pregnant!!!

User Image
User Image
User Image

dreamy2186_

Replies (5)

Reply by NewMommy07 » Jul. 30, 2011 4:29am

Oh yes, I've had the same problem! Though since I've started feeling pretty sick at night I'm not having as much trouble falling asleep as I was a few weeks ago. However, getting up to pee about 4-5 times a night and then not falling asleep for an hour afterwards is still an issue

Doctor tells me it's nature's way of getting our internal clocks ready for feeding the baby every 2 hours. She said I could take Tylenol PM but i'm wary to do that!

Heather
User Image

NewMommy07

Reply by KittenLvr » Aug. 3, 2011 12:35am

I definitely have this problem. I had it with my last pregnancy too. No matter how exhausted I feel, I can't fall asleep before 11pm. I just make sure to nap during the day, and I drink Peaceful Mama Tea to help set the mood for sleep. Also, I've learned to go to bed as soon as I feel tired. If I wait 15 more minutes, the feeling will pass and I won't be able to fall asleep. :( I don't remember it ever getting better. In my last pregnancy, I would stay up until 4am and then sleep til noon, lol. I don't have that luxury this time since I have a toddler to care for during the day. I hope for you it passes! Good luck!

User Image

User Image

KittenLvr

Reply by Dreaming~Bermudian » Aug. 3, 2011 7:19pm

Hello,
I am a really good sleeper and have been recording my dreams for a decade. I even got a degree in dream and sleep studies (that's how serious I am about sleep! )

I am also recently pregnant and noticed that there were a few nights back that it took me a couple of hours to fall asleep, (which is unusual when i'm tired.) Then I also felt wide awake on occasion when I got back into bed hours before my alarm. I was pretty sure I wouldn't fall back to sleep but I just laid their with my eyes shut and before I knew it my alarm went off.

I feel like every day is totally different then the next and I never know what to expect. For example I have been having crazy vivid dreams nightly up until last night- I didn't recall any but yet had the most rested sleep and here I am today more tired then I have been all week!!??

Strange thigns are happening.

im interested to here how others are sleeping and dreaming. And if it's constantly switching up.???

Dreaming~Bermudian

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 3, 2011 8:16pm

Oh sleep.... illusive, illusive sleep....

When I sleep I dream VERY vividly. It's pretty disturbing actually. Especially the night I dreamed my husband was having an affair because we couldn't have sex yet (we have to take it easy still). I woke up still crying and feeling like crap.

I have noticed that it's harder to get to sleep, but then I'm sleeping in so it's a bad cycle, and i'm having more trouble getting back to sleep when I wake up to pee, I think it's because I'm so disturbed by my dreams. :( I wouldn't call it insomnia, but definitely trouble sleeping.

MrsBrower

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 3, 2011 8:16pm

Oh sleep.... illusive, illusive sleep....

When I sleep I dream VERY vividly. It's pretty disturbing actually. Especially the night I dreamed my husband was having an affair because we couldn't have sex yet (we have to take it easy still). I woke up still crying and feeling like crap.

I have noticed that it's harder to get to sleep, but then I'm sleeping in so it's a bad cycle, and i'm having more trouble getting back to sleep when I wake up to pee, I think it's because I'm so disturbed by my dreams. :( I wouldn't call it insomnia, but definitely trouble sleeping.

MrsBrower