Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Anyone had a loss in 2012 and pregnant again now?

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by sw33th34rt » Sep. 14, 2012 10:27pm

I had a loss this past May and now we are due next May! I really hope this one sticks!

I had to have a D&C, and this time it took 3 months to conceive this one, but I used baby aspirin a few times to help implantation and this was the first and only time we used pre-seed so I'm a believer! Now if it will stick.....

How is everyone's 2012 pregnancy going so far? This pregnancy is good so far, haven't had any bad cramping like last time (knock on wood). So far just been really tired, a lot of pinching/pulling and twinges. Occassional sore chest, but not as bad as last time.

sw33th34rt

Replies (23)

Reply by Mrsfroomie » Sep. 15, 2012 12:23pm

Hi. sorry about MC, but congrats on your pregnancy.
I lost one in June and am due in May now. It was a very early MC that happened naturally. We couldn't TTC in July because DH and I were in different states at time of Ovulation. that was so annoying. But Aug we got pregnant the first try.
Hoping this one sticks as well and has no problems along the way.
This is my third.
I feel much more sore in my uterus area than I did before.
My breasts are tender, I get really tired and I get pains in my crotch.
I try to look at the symptoms as good, signs that all is going well.

Mrsfroomie

Reply by bahoward » Sep. 16, 2012 12:23am

i had a missed misscarriage i was 12 wks and started having some spotting went to doc to find out baby passed around 8 or 9 weeks. Had a d&c feb 2. I am now 21 weeks pregnant with a baby boy this will be my 3rd

bahoward

Reply by sw33th34rt » Sep. 16, 2012 1:09am

See, I am so scared that by the time i get to 9 weeks and get my ultrasound, there won't be a heartbeat again. I am tired, stomach twinges, and once in a great while have a quick pain in my chest, so not having too many syptoms so that kinda worries me! But I will just be 5 weeks tomorrow. My last 2 pregnancies morning sickness hit at 6 weeks. Anyone been hit yet with morning sickness?

It's so weird to think that our bodies wouldn't pick up a miscarriage. They didn't even tell me how far the baby was on development, just said it was probably due to chromosomes and that it quit growing. I was having bad cramping the first 2 days I found out I was pregnant last time and my family dr took me off work for 2 days but that was it, no testing or ultrasound! I was almost 3 months, and I was getting a lot of stomach aches at night/early morning, I wonder if that was why.....

bahoward-did you have any cramping or stomach aches when you had your m/c? I wish they would get women in quicker, b/c you can see a heartbeat around 5 weeks or so, I don't get why they want to wait until 9 weeks, especially after last time. My ob said she could do an early one, but the secretary wouldn't listen to me! So frustrating!!!!

sw33th34rt

Reply by sweethun » Sep. 24, 2012 2:33am

I had a miscarriage in May (6 weeks along, we knew it wasn't going anywhere because my beta numbers weren't doubling correctly). I've had 3 miscarriages so I know how difficult it can be in the first trimester. I'm 14 weeks now and feel so good about this pregnancy. It's been a lot different then my other ones. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

sweethun

Reply by mrsfitzy » Sep. 24, 2012 2:14pm

Hi i had a mc in january 2012,and am now 23 weeks due january 2013 :)

mrsfitzy

Reply by dmartin65 » Sep. 24, 2012 8:06pm

I had a natural m/c at 13 weeks in March. Got pregnant my first cycle after the m/c and I am now 21 weeks and 3 days. I know it is hard, but try not to worry too much and just relax. It is not good to stress for you or baby. I was worrying so much at the beginning of my pregnancy and then just decided to let go and trust God that he would take care of my baby. It was the best thing I ever did because I was able to enjoy this pregnancy. I cannot tell you that I did not have anxiety because man I did. I woke up one night and was standing over by the bathroom because I had jumped up out of bed and ran to the door. When I realized where I was I could not remember why I had gotten up. Plus my blood pressure was always slightly high when I would go see my OB. He and I both knew it was from nervousness. I can tell you though that this pregnancy has been so different from the first. That made me more confident that things would be ok. Just know that God knows the desires of your heart. Congratulations on your wonderful miracle and a happy and healthy 9 months.

dmartin65

Reply by Mrsfroomie » Sep. 24, 2012 10:16pm

I would demand an earlier U/S. Don't listen to the receptionist. Ask to speak to the doctor. Tell them you have a history. That this is causing you undue stress.
You won't see a heartbeat at 5 weeks. Maybe 6 weeks or so. You have to look out for yourself and be your own advocate. Who cares if they think you are crazy. Get for yourself what YOU need.

Mrsfroomie

Reply by MrsAmyThomas » Sep. 27, 2012 2:11pm

Hey I've had 5 miscarriages since Nov 2011. Four of them at 4wks and one at 5wks 3days. I'm now pregnant with No. 6 and feeling more positive about this one as i'm 15 wks tomorrow fingers crossed for another healthy 6months. I've came full circle on when my first baby was due on the 24th of July and to make matters worse my husband's brother had a baby that was born the day after (a constant reminder). I would never wish anyone to go through what we have and just hope everyone gets there happy and healthy baby at the end xx

MrsAmyThomas

Reply by sw33th34rt » Oct. 1, 2012 2:29am

Mrsfroomie-you are right. My ob told me last time that we could do one earlier and I even told the receptionist that so she should have listened. But after going to the ER for those stabbing pains, they told me to call and tell them that the ER recommended me to be seen earlier. Luckily, another patient switched me days b/c of my ER visit, bless her heart.

I have been reading a lot tonight, and it was comforting to read that when you are 6-12 weeks gestation and have had no bleeding or spotting, your chances of m/c are less than 5%. But then it's a numbers game, worrying if you are in that 5%.

I've had 2 dreams now that I've started bleeding and what is scary is a week before I found out about my m/c last time, I had a dream that I m/c but in that dream I was gushing blood. In these 2 dreams its not that much but bright red so that is scary. I know it's just my subconscious b/c I worry about it happening again, but still scary to have those kinds of dreams.

I also read that low progesterone is not a cause of m/c but rather a sign of a non-viable pregnancy. they never checked mine.....

Have any of you ladies had a m/c after seeing a heartbeat? I never got to see it last time. Thank-you all for sharing your stories. Its so much easier to talk with ppl that can relate personally and really know what it feels like. When I explained to one of my co-workers why I wasn't going to be picking up anymore extra days at work until I was out of my first trimester, all she said was "Why would you even want to bring another life into this miserable world?" I couldn't believe it! To me, that's what life is about, creating your own family and that's where you get your fulfillment from! I know kids aren't for everyone but that was so rude of her to say to me after sharing my loss with her.

sw33th34rt

Reply by diminished » Oct. 19, 2012 1:30am

Hi I had a misscarriage in April, then was pregnant again in june that pregnancy went well we got heart beat at 7 weeks but by 9 weeks the heartbeat stopped i had a D&C on august 30th, and had been waiting around for next cycle to begin when i started getting concerned it had been 6 weeks and nothing and HPT all 3 confrimed i was pregnant, my hcg were only 2450 and today 4800 so its still early i hope this sticks and if it goes it will be misscarriage number 9.

diminished

Reply by jaydenandbumpsmummy » Oct. 24, 2012 10:28pm

sorry about ur mc i had one in feb just gone and am now due feb 2013 tbh i am terrified everytime i go to the toilet im so scared i am goin to see blood, its hard as no one i no has had a mc or at least they havnt said so i feel like no one understands how i feel people just tell me i have to keep positive (kinda hard wen i went thru wot i did) hope everyones pregnancy sticks and we all have our beautiful bubbas to hold at the end of it xx

Reply by diminished » Oct. 25, 2012 4:26am

HOW IS EVERYONE GOING?

Is everyones new baby sticking round and going smoothly?

my HCG have done as predicted

i have my first ultra sound tommorrow and am hoping for some happy news and a due date

as i havent a clue as i didnt have a cycle between D&C and this pregnancy

I hope everyone eles is having an easy go and keeping the stress to a minimum, I have hired a cleaner and the houseis looking fantatsic so when the ms is killing me i dont have to push myself to clean at least.

diminished

Reply by sw33th34rt » Oct. 25, 2012 1:31pm

Diminished-I would guess you probably got pregnant around 5 or 6 weeks after your D&C. From my experience and what I've heard from other women, that's usually the time you get your first MP after a m/c or d&c. Has your dr done any testing to see why you keep m/c? It's really sad that a lot of us are having to get really pushy with our drs but after going through that, they should keep a closer eye on things and see us earlier if for no other reason than to ease our mind. I hope everything works out well. Update us when you have your first u/s!

sw33th34rt

Reply by Rellabell » Nov. 10, 2012 11:54am

My baby girl was devastatingly stillborn on may 18th this year at full term, she was my first baby. I just found out i am pregnant again and i'm due july 18th 2013 xx

Rellabell

Reply by babyd108 » Feb. 2, 2013 1:15am

yup just found out today that I'm 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant and had a miscarriage back in July of last year. Almost 7 Months to the day. so excited.

User Image

babyd108

Reply by mabm91 » May. 7, 2013 9:21pm

I lost my daughter at 20 weeks in November. I am now 5 weeks and praying everything turns out ok!

mabm91

Reply by chrysalisjade » Jun. 4, 2013 8:04am

I lost my baby May 21st 2012 and was due in december, and I am pregnant again and due in december. I am really worried about a miscarriage too but I try to stay positive.

chrysalisjade

Reply by martins071412 » Jun. 6, 2013 12:07am

We had a loss on Sept. 27, 2012 and then we were able to conceive in April 2013!

martins071412

Reply by taramr2001 » Jun. 13, 2013 7:10am

I had a EP in Novermber,2012. I finally hit 0 on Jan. 9th, 2013. On March 14, 2013 I found out that I am PG again, I am now due on Thanksgiving Day!!! Good luck to you!!

taramr2001

Reply by KenpoMommy » Jun. 13, 2013 7:32am

I suffered a loss in Oct 2012 that required a d&c. I am now 8 weeks with my third baby and this one's due date is the same day my second baby's due date was! Maybe their birthdays will end up on the same day. Lol

KenpoMommy