Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

BYOB: Leaking and Lamaze

Category: General - General Chatter
Posted by popstarh8er » Sep. 7, 2011 4:03pm

Heya Ladies!
We will start with introductions as always ...

My name is Kat. I am 25, dh is 28 and we are expecting our first child on December 1st of this year. She is a little girl and we are calling her Gemma. I am currently 28 weeks along and will be starting my OB appointments in 2 week intervals from here on out.

Currently, we finally got Gemma's room painted, as I mentioned before. That evening we also borrowed and used a carpet shampooer to shampoo the carpet. Monday, my dad brought over the three huge boxes that contained my dad and step-mom's gifts to us: the crib, the dresser, and the glider and ottoman. While dh was cleaning up some more of the house, I had contemplated starting to put together the dresser first ... but quickly decided on the glider and ottoman instead, so I would have a place to sit and rest after lol.

Tink - I'm glad you were taking the quiz online instead of in the classroom when your leak happened. At first I misread and thought you were in CLASS, and I was mortified for you. I really don't know what I would do if I leaked while here at work. I have been a little more paranoid now about it, since I can't feel when it's happening and its clear ... so I generally only notice when I feel wet or sticky. Ordered myself some washable nursing pads online. I think I'm going to have to buy at least one comfy nursing bra to wear to bed, since that seems to be the most common time for it to happen to me.

Bens - ss, to hear about your crazy run to the er!

(sorry I am doing this by memory ... which is a little worse than normal right now, as I will explain later lol)

Katie - I think your design for the baby's room sounds beautiful ... and I like the Lavender name <3

I agree with whoever mentioned us posting pictures of the nurseries when they are completed. I think a little extra inspiration and ideas about repurposing furniture, interesting storage ideas, etc are something we can all use ... even if our designs are set, either physically or the design is set mentally.

AFM, I spent the weekend back and forth to family's houses. Got to see my cousins newborn little boy again, which was nice. Spent any extra time working on Gemma's room. Yesterday, I spent half a day at work and then drove for my OB appointment.

Incredibly long story short, I had like 4 different people to see while I was there, and had to do my second blood glucose test and take a tour of the birthing center. I checked out and paid, went to the bathroom, got in my van, started to drive down the road before I realized, I left without getting my blood drawn for my glucose test. I drank the sugary drink first thing when I got there, but having talked to 4 other people after that, I just LEFT without finishing the test! I rushed back, got my blood drawn, but they let me know that it was a little past the one hour time limit and I will have to go again to get it done.

I felt like the biggest idiot and my cheeks flushed all up, I smiled at myself and kept shaking my head. I asked the nurse drawing my blood, "Please tell me I'm not the only person to do this?" I figured it they see one hundred pregnant women a day, this has to be a somewhat common occurrence. She replied while smiling, "I've had several make it to the parking lot, but I always caught them before they left."

*slams head on keyboard* Oh well, I guess that's a story to tell the Gemma when she comes.

Kat
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
 BabyFetus Ticker

popstarh8er

Replies (286)

Reply by allioak » Sep. 7, 2011 5:11pm

Hello ladies

My name is Allison/Alli and I am 25, DH is 25 too. This is our first pregnancy, and we are due around April 24th. About 7 weeks 1 day in today...

mostly for symptoms so far have been nausea and food aversions. cramps randomly, and pretty constantly sore/senstives nipples and breasts. Very tired!!!! Cannot sleep enough. Where did the energy go??

Told the extended family this past weekend by wearing "There's a pea in my pod" t-shirt! Everyone was so excited. Still holding out on telling all the friends until further along. Nice to have all the support and excitement from the family.

Hoping the rest of this pregnancy goes well and can't wait to see our little bean again on Tuesday at our 2nd ultrasound! Fingers crossed all is well :)

H&H 9 months to you all!

Allison

User Image

allioak

Reply by popstarh8er » Sep. 7, 2011 6:10pm

Alli, that is an adorable way to tell the family! I can only imagine their faces as they read it <3

popstarh8er

Reply by pookerdooks » Sep. 7, 2011 6:17pm

Hi Ladies!

My real name is Megan but I go by my nickname of Aisha.
I'm 25 and my dh is 40. This is my first pregnancy but I do have a 10 year old stepson who is awesome!
We are expecting a "surprise" in January but to make bonding with a baby of unknown gender easier we have nicknamed the baby "Smidgen" until we find out if Smidgen is an Aania or an Aydin

Kat- It's sooo easy to forget something like that with everything thrown at you at these appointments! I have a quick question- is the drink really nasty? I'm kinda worried about when I have to do mine just because I already have a reputation for vomitting if I chug drinks too quickly... plus the idea of having to drive to the doctors on an empty stomach is terrifying since I used to get car sick if I rode in a car without breakfast even before pregnancy and naturally pregnancy has made this worse!

Alli- the tee-shirt is sooo cute!

AFM- All this nursery talk makes me feel like a slacker. I'm really not that into the whole nursery cuteness thing. I do like my Snoopy bedding but I'm not really putting much effort into making sure anything else is Snoopy or what not. LOL I guess I'm weird.

Anyone else having weird dreams about their pregnancy? I had a dream last night that I went around a bunch of friends I hadn't seen in years and they all asked me how I got so fat! No one knew I was pregnant in the dream and everytime I tried to tell them they blew me off! Weird... but actually not as weird as most of my dreams lol

Aisha

User Image

pookerdooks

Reply by dmpage » Sep. 7, 2011 6:40pm

Hi all...I'm one of the "advanced maternal aged" ladies here. I'm 37 (American), DH is 40 (English). I'm a stay-at-home-maniac to 2 beautiful boys after 7 total years TTC (one Clomid baby) and our 3rd and final blessing is on the way. She happens to be a she! Even though we weren't "trying" for a girl - we're thrilled. We just pray for healthy and happy!

I had my thyroid out in 2003 and have all the assorted auto-immune troubles that go along with such a thing including endometriosis, fibroids...you name it. Needless to say, we're considered "higher risk" and I will give birth on November 16 via c-section. (boo! My 2nd child was also a c-section)

I've experienced both vaginal and c-section deliveries so ask away if you have any questions! haha.

We are finishing up little Kennedy Anne's nursery and have a shower date for October 9th. I plan on breastfeeding again and hopefully one day becoming a breast feeding consultant locally. I love hearing all of your stories and really can't wait to hear more details about Lemons' delivery!! She was the first one to "go" on this new site, right? YAY!

Healthy Happy 9 months to you all!

They tell me we're having a girl...a sister to her two older brothers? I still don't believe it!!

User Image

pregnancy week by week

dmpage

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 7, 2011 7:15pm

Hello again! My name is Shannon (shannybum was a childhood nickname). I'm 27, DH is 32, I'm expecting my first November 20 - gender a surprise. DH has 2 sons, 5 and 10.

Kat - you must feel so much more calm now that you have Gemma's furniture! Huge step!!

Allison - your tiredness will improve soon :) Cute teeshirt!! I wanted to get one of those but I was too cheap! lol so I made the cupcakes instead.

Aisha - Re: glucose test, I did the "challenge" test which is short and sweet. 50 grams of sucrose in my drink and then 1 blood draw after one hour. The drink wasn't awful, and you have about 5 minutes to drink it so you don't need to "chug". Also I didn't have to fast for mine. Re: not into "decorating" - me either! I don't decorate my house at all - I'm just not inclined that way....so my nursery is going to be uber simple. I've painted, will stick a couple decals up there, and I'm going for simple bedding.

I'm coming up on 30 weeks fast! I have a midwife appointment (they're every 2 weeks now) tonight and so they're pretty routine at this point - urine test, blood pressure, belly measure and heartbeat.

Shannybum

Reply by Xdancer » Sep. 7, 2011 7:44pm

Hi all,

I'm 33 (Irish) OH is 36 (French) and we live in Spain. It's technically my second pregnancy as I suffered and ectopic in May 2010 and lost a tube. We're expecting a girl on Dec 10th.

Kat - that's just too funny. I have a head live a sieve and the attention span of a fish at the moment, so I can understand completely how that happened to you.

Allison - love the idea of the t-shirt. Subtle in an obvious wa (if you know what I mean)

Aisha and Shanny - I'm with you both on the decorating. Our nursery will be painted, but bedding etc is being kept simple.

AFM - I ordered our 3-in-1 travel system today. Didin't want to order it this soon, but I found one that offers the least comprises for our budget. A friend of mine already has this model, and is very happy with it so I can't go to far wrong.

Xdancer

Reply by bens10 » Sep. 7, 2011 8:11pm

Hi ladies!

My name is jaimie,32 and my DH Ryan is 32 as well ( he just turned 32 so I love the next 2 months when we are the same age!) This is our first pg. SO EXCITED!

We tried for a year and finally got pg with clomid and IUI.

I am in my 9th week. I have a few more weeks until I get my next u/s and appt. We are not going to find out the sex.

I would love if people posted pics of their nursery's as I am not creative at all!

My main symptoms at this juncture are acne, exhaustion, motion sickness, and dizziness. I will be really happy when they go away!!! but I am not going to complain.

User Image

bens10

Reply by popstarh8er » Sep. 7, 2011 8:41pm

Aisha - (Sorry, I know Shannon covered this but I started typing this response over an hour ago lol) Both of my tests were one-hour tests, and I was told specifically NOT to fast. Fasting was only required for the more advanced 3-hour test. It may be different at your OB though, so I would double check with them. The drink was sweet, yes ... but you are given 5 minutes to drink it (mine was orange flavored both times) and it's the size of a coke can. Mine tasted like a slightly sweeter version of orange soda and I was allowed to drink water afterwards. I had no issue with it.

dmpage - Kennedy Anne is a beautiful name. I love it!

Shannon - I was beyond relieved just to get the room painted and shampooed. I knew after that, I could just THROW stuff in there after the shower at the end of the month if I needed to. But it is nice to be able to go in there and sit on the glider and just imagine holding Gemma <3 It will be nice to get the other two pieces together too, especially the dresser since I have a good amount of clothes from gifts already :P I don't have a mattress or any bedding for the crib yet, so that's not super important. I'm not really into decorating either, at least, I'm not very good at it ... but I am super interested in seeing other people's creativity and especially how you plan to organize baby's closet and dresser and room. I spent a lot longer on trying to figure out the best layout for the furniture (the room was particularly small and good use of space was of the essence) than I did on the "theme" of the room.

xdancer - Congrats on getting your travel system. You are a step ahead of me in that department *wink*

Jaimie - The excitement doesn't go away but hopefully your bad symptoms will let up soon :)

popstarh8er

Reply by copsgirl953 » Sep. 8, 2011 2:43am

Hello again. My name is Erica, 31, and hubby is Frank 34. We live in GA. We have 2 girls Christen 9 and Haley 7. And a little angel named Mason who left us 2.5 years ago. He lived 3 days. Then we have our 3 fur babies. Molly, a chihuahua is 10, Lucy, a dachshund is 4, and Abby, a Min-Pin is 7 mths.

We started trying for our 4th bundle of joy in April of this year and got pg in June. We are excited and so are the girls. I am considered high-risk because of my weight and previous pregnancy problems with our little boy. Can't wait until my next appt Sept 29th to see what we are having this time. Doesn't matter if it's a girl or a boy as long as baby is healthy.

AFM: Been MIA for a few days. Not having a good week I guess. Thought the m/s was long gone but it has been showing up morning and evening the last few days. No throwing up, just the nasty queasy feeling that won't go away. Not to mention the headaches. Not being able to take anything stronger than tylenol is rough. Is anyone else having a problem with constipation? I have it bad and that is also making my stomach hurt. I've tried eating more fiber and whole grains, been taking Miralax too. Any advice would be great!

Erica
Miscarriage September 28, 2011 - 16w1d
Mommy to Christen 9, Haley 7, Mason, and Aiden

copsgirl953

Reply by pookerdooks » Sep. 8, 2011 4:51am

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to update you on something pretty nice my dh just did.

I'm sure those who have been pregnant before or who are farther along have had moments of feeling just sick, tired, and unattractive. I certainly have because during my first trimester and early into my second trimester I was actually bloated all over so my face, arms, and legs looked fatter which really made me look like I was just gaining weight in general instead of being pregnant. Luckily, that has mostly gone down now and I am clearly pregnant looking. But what has really made me feel gross about myself has been my acne. I have had really bad acne everywhere since the start of my pregnancy. Face, neck, chest, back, arms, belly, and butt. Honestly, most of the time I don't care because I'm just so happy to be pregnant, but when the hormones kick in I have felt kinda bad about myself.

Anyway, tonight my dh took me out on a dinner date then we went shopping for some baby stuff. Well, much to my surprise, my dh took me into Swarovski and bought me a necklace and earring set just to, as he said, "remind you how beautiful you are to me." That seriously made me so unbelievably happy. It was just nice to know that no matter how gross I may feel at times that I'm still beautiful to him and I guess that's all that matters

Aisha

User Image

pookerdooks

Reply by Xdancer » Sep. 8, 2011 7:40am

Aw Aisha - that is so sweet. You really are a lucky girl to have a man like that

Xdancer

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 8, 2011 3:47pm

Very lucky girl! Jealous :)

Shannybum

Reply by dmpage » Sep. 8, 2011 4:54pm

Good man! Vent: My DARLING husband in response to my bad day where I texted him "who had the bright idea to have kids anyway (two lil guys were driving me NUTSO)?!?! Can you please come home soon and let's have a date night...just you and me and a funny movie on the couch?" Came home AFTER stopping for a glass of wine and buying a BOTTLE of wine (he knows I can't stand the smell of wine AND that if he's going to stop somewhere he should call me and ask if we need anything since it's easier for him to get to the store than me!). He also had at least a few ciggies. ICK! I went to bed as soon as the kids were in bed and he stayed on the couch with his "girlfriend", "Chardonnay". He got miffed at my reaction too! As if he hadn't gotten my text or didn't know HEY...I can have a bad day too ya know! I just can't go have wine to make me feel better!! Was hoping for a nice night with just him and a comedy! He didn't say another word the whole night. Didn't say anything this morning either....kissed me on the forehead before leaving for work. JERK!

dmpage

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 8, 2011 5:36pm

Lol....Diana, I'm with you on the husband rant!!! My husband has been less than doting this whole pregnancy......He hasn't helped out around the house (not that he did before), hasn't given me one foot or back rub, hasn't run to store for one craving, hasn't made dinner once, need I go on???? I am also working full time with a 50 minute commute each way and caring for his 2 sons.........Feeling super underappreciated lately.

Shannybum

Reply by NewMommy07 » Sep. 8, 2011 7:07pm

Hello again ladies!

My name is Heather and I'm 26 years old, DH is 28 and we've been married 6 years/together for 11 years. We live in tiny little Riverton, IL which is just outside Springfield, IL. This is my first pregnancy and a miracle one at that since we were told I was infertile and would never conceive due to PCOS and Adenomyosis. After 5 years of trying, we sure proved them wrong!

We take care of my grandfather who lives with us ever since my grandma passed away in 2008. We also have a whole mess of furbabies! We have Juniper - dauschund mix (2yrs), Ruby - Min pin mix (1yr), 2 cats named Smudge and Baby Kitty, and one very large guinea pig named Gaius.

My symptoms right now are basically just heartburn and lots of pain. I found out this weekend in the ER that my fibroid is growing and causing lots of cramping and pain in general, but I don't see my OB until the 26th to check everything over. It's a little nerve wracking so just trying to make it until then without stressing myself out too much!

Allison - Love the t-shirt idea! That had to be really fun for everyone! We're trying to think of some cute way to tell everyone the gender on halloween since we find out a couple days before but I'm drawing a blank lol.

Aisha - that is SO sweet! Totally jealous...I can't even get my hubby to give me a back rub lol!

Heather
User Image

NewMommy07

Reply by bens10 » Sep. 8, 2011 10:39pm

Oh ladies, I need you help.

Today, I was lucky enough to get my first real nausea attack. I had one sunday, but it was because of the motion of the car. so i left today at lunch and came home ( I work less than a mile away). But I work as a guidance counselor in a school, so I was getting myself all worked up about vomiting with a student in my office...

SO what tips do you have for me to tame down these attacks????

User Image

bens10

Reply by dmpage » Sep. 8, 2011 10:43pm

MEN! :D Shanny...I say you and I demand at least a foot rub tonight!!

Bens...sea bands and REAL ginger ale. Make sure you don't let your tummy get empty too. Also there's b6 supplements. G'luck.

Sorry so quick...gotta run.

dmpage

Reply by airiesing » Sep. 8, 2011 10:56pm

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to stop in & give you the update......

After 10 days of emotionally painful waiting, things showed no sign of passing so my DH & I opted to have the the d & c.

Things went well & I am in no pain. The Dr did say that there seemed to be an unusual amount of tissue & there will be a pathology done. The extra tissue may have been a tumor beginning to form but was most likely the malformation of the placenta.

I think of you all often but I will admit that I have not had the strength to keep up on your progress, it's simply too painful. But I truly miss you all.

My husband & I have made no decisions about trying again & probably won't for a while. I do know that my focus is on my now family, not the family that could be and will make a conscious effort not to let as much of my attention be pulled away in TTC, pregnancy & all the trials & tribulations associated.

Blessings to you all & a happy & healthy journey,
Love,
Erika

airiesing

Reply by pookerdooks » Sep. 9, 2011 12:02am

Erika- I'm so glad you aren't in any physical pain but I know this is still incredibly hard for you. I'm still praying for you and for you to find guidance and peace in whatever decision you make.

Aisha

Aisha

User Image

pookerdooks

Reply by KatieK » Sep. 9, 2011 11:09am

Good Morning Ladies,

Before my intro...Airie- I still think about you and Joy everyday!...I am still sending hugs and love your way.

I am Katie (30), DH is Chris (34)
Live in suburbs outside of Baltimore...GO Ravens!
DD is Kyleigh (3) and is super excited to be a big sis!
I work full time for the federal government, and DH is a fire fighter, and also runs his own landscaping business, which thankfully is beginning to slow down...maybe a girl can get a little break around the house!...like many of you "It won't happen"

I am currently 21 weeks (same as Aisha (yeah the one with the really sweet husband...not that I am jealous or anything?!) and due in January with a little girl (YES!!!!) who will be named Carsyn Paisley.

Her room is almost done...I should be able to finish up the paisley wall mural this weekend. I am keeping my niece and nephew overnight and tomorrow all day, so I am hoping they keep themselves busy playing while I paint.

I will definetely post pics when I am done the nursery. I am a huge interior decorating fan...if I could afford it I would re-do a room every 6 months, but unfortuantely I am not rich :(...I do howver make changes about every 3-4 years...although that will probably stop since I will have 2 kids.

As far as gender neutral themes: There are quite a few "bee" themed sets that are supercute. Also bunnies, and bears...also there is a new set at Babies R US..Petit trsor Nesting...I think it is gender neutral..some could say it is a bit boyish but I LOVE it as a gender neutral. Birds are a good gender neutral theme too. Another go to is an elegant...ALL WHITE nusery. ALl white beding, white walls, white lamp, white curtains. You can always add accessories after the baby is born to make it gender specific....Good Luck! I can't wait to see what you do!

I hope everyone has a good weekend, we are getting so much rain here in Baltimore, that I am going to need to convert my SUV into a boat...I feel so waterlogged. It has not stopped since Monday! Good Lord can we get a break!

Aisha- I did get the Z-pack, and for the record...I am jealous that your husband is so thoughtful!

Katie

KatieK