Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Previous loss! Now pregnant again, using progest 200mg 1/day

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by Donkeykong13 » Mar. 1, 2013 1:59am

Hi ladies,
I have had 3 losses in the last 18 months all within the first 7 weeks. Im pregnant once again with hcg levels doubling correctly, and praying that this is finally my rainbow baby. This time my doctor prescribed me 200 mg progesterone suppositories im currently using them once a day. I use them at night, dont really have any side effects. I have my first ultrasound monday, and i was wondering if any of you have used progesterone for your pregnancy? How much? And how long? And do you think it was what made your pregnancy succesful? Best wishes!!

Donkeykong13

Replies (3)

Reply by tickingbean » Mar. 4, 2013 7:20am

I haven't experienced a loss, but my doctor put me on progesterone for this pregnancy as he didn't like my levels. I was on 400mg - 200mg suppositories at night, and 200mg pills in the morning. They made me feel awful. I got migraines, nausea, dizziness and fatigue. I had no pregnancy symptoms before (or with the last pregnancy), so I'm blaming the progesterone. However, I'm at 12 weeks now with a healthy bubs, and my levels have evened out. So, maybe my body just needed a bump. Good luck!!! Hoping for a sticky bean!

tickingbean

Reply by Donkeykong13 » Mar. 5, 2013 3:41pm

That's great!!! Thank you!! And congrats!

Donkeykong13

Reply by mango1 » Apr. 24, 2013 9:01pm

Hi there!
Was intrigued by your post, and I am wondering how the progesterone suppliment worked out for you? I just started prometrium today, 100mg x2, 3 times a day orally. I haven't been checked for low progesterone, it's just a precaution from previous losses. I am feeling very positive about it!

mango1