Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

So I'm buying Sea Bands for nausea and MS today!!!

Category: Trimesters - First Trimester
Posted by JustWaiting45 » Oct. 7, 2011 1:42pm

I have been dealing with some nasty MS and the med the doc prescribed does NOTHING for me! This is my second pregnancy and if it's anything like with my son,I DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN !!! I was sick all the time, restricted to the bed almost the entire day, until I had to pee or throw up!!!! I couldn't keep anything down. Now with this pregnancy I am in the beginning of my 1st tri. Only 5w 3days and I figure I might as well get a grip on this MS now!! I guess there's not much to lose. I sent hubby out to CVS to pick me up a pair so we'll see how they work. They are supposed to work by AccuPressure. I've tried doing it myself by pressing on my wrist and it works but who wants to do that all day when you can wear a band. I have read reviews of preggo women who say they work wonders! And they kept them on the ENTIRE 1st tri! lol...that sounds like that will be me!!!

UPDATES TO FOLLOW LADIES!!! Sorry so long!

JustWaiting45

Replies (11)

Reply by MrsBrower » Oct. 7, 2011 1:43pm

They left bruises on me. :/ I'm not sure how much they helped either. I like ginger chew candies...

MrsBrower

Reply by JustWaiting45 » Oct. 7, 2011 1:48pm

I want to try the ginger gum..or ginger candy as well but don't know where to purchase them. They sell them at CVS..but online only. I don't want to wait. lol. I drink ginger tea (real ginger) and that seems to help. Where would I find ginger candy? I stay in Floriida.

JustWaiting45

Reply by JustWaiting45 » Oct. 7, 2011 2:14pm

Soooo hubby just came back with my Sea Bands and Burger King for breakfast!! OMG I don't wanna sound like a little kid but Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! I am actually able to eat my food. Normally it wouldn't stay down and I would have that nasty icky taste in my mouth but so far so good! These Sea bands have become my best friends! I'm on bed rest because I'm high risk and it is not fun being on bed rest and being sick all the time!! It's worth the money if you are feeling bad! Try them! They only don't work if you're not wearing them correctly!

User Image

JustWaiting45

Reply by MrsBrower » Oct. 7, 2011 2:17pm

I bought them from my local healthfood store.

And the bands don't work for everyone unfortunately. :( I'm glad to see they work for you!

MrsBrower

Reply by JustWaiting45 » Oct. 7, 2011 2:30pm

Yes that's what I hear. Thanks! I just get so depressed with all the MS and everything I had to try it. I will look into my local health food store as well. Oh I'm following you, seems as though we are in the same age bracket. I'm 22. Anyways, please keep in touch and be blessed!!

User Image

JustWaiting45

Reply by MrsBrower » Oct. 7, 2011 2:39pm

:)

Yea, the morning sickness was getting me down too. :( Gatorade was my life saver. I would keep some by my bedside and every time I woke up I would drink some, and drink it and eat some crackers first thing in the morning.

MrsBrower

Reply by JustWaiting45 » Oct. 7, 2011 2:59pm

Ewwww gatorade makes me sick even thinking about it. It leaves a nasty taste in my mouth lol! :) I found out where to get the crystallized ginger from so I will be getting that today!

JustWaiting45

Reply by MrsBrower » Oct. 7, 2011 3:17pm

Oh that's too bad... The sodium and electrolytes helped sooooo much!!!!! plus the little sugar boost in the am kept my blood sugar from plummitting and making me sick. Maybe a water and fruit juice cocktail?

MrsBrower

Reply by dmpage » Oct. 7, 2011 7:48pm

YAAAY! I swear by the sea bands for me and the ginger tea and real ginger ale! Good luck and glad you're experiencing some relief without medicine. Don't forget vitamin B6 is supposed to help too.

All my best,
Diana

They tell me we're having a girl...a sister to her two older brothers? I still don't believe it!!

User Image

pregnancy week by week

dmpage

Reply by JustWaiting45 » Oct. 7, 2011 11:51pm

Thanks a lot!!!!

JustWaiting45

Reply by JustWaiting45 » Oct. 7, 2011 11:59pm

I have my sea bands on, hubby got me some lemons, bananas and LemonHeads!! I am in heaven!!! :)

User Image

JustWaiting45