Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September 2012 Babies -Part 6! The Final Chapter? - Page 13

Replies (282)

Reply by tallesss » Sep. 20, 2012 4:11pm

that's awesome Jambolina, I pray you a safe and smoothe delivery, TODAY!

I had my 37wk appt today and she's head down and 'engaged' . So it's all systems go at this point, i'm exhausted and long to roll over on my belly and get a good night's sleep. I will be pouncing on the hubby and getting a pedi this weekend.

User Image

User Image

tallesss

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 20, 2012 8:06pm

Woohoo Jambolina!! Can't wait to hear your birth story and see pics....so exciting!!

gppacen - I had my 39 week appt today too and I am also 1cm dilated...she didn't say anything about effacement though. She did say the head was down and low. That was my first time having my cervix checked since I became pregnant and boy was it not fun!! My DH was with me and said my face was pure red when it was over...I literally said out loud "OH MY GOD!" while she was doing it lol It was awful! But good to know SOMETHING has begun to happen :)

Mrs.Mom

Reply by gppacen » Sep. 21, 2012 12:17pm

Mrs.Mom - It is totally uncomfortable having your cervix checked - hopefully I won't have to have it checked again until I'm in active labor;) It is good to know that something is happening! I so want to go "on my own" and not be induced, oh well - we'll see!

Have a good day ladies!

User Image

gppacen

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 21, 2012 2:55pm

gppacen - Yes it is absolutely uncomfortable! I have another appt booked for next Thursday...I will get checked again if I haven't gone into labour by then. I just want to know where I'm at. I too DO NOT want to have to be induced! Here's hoping for both of us we go soon! :)

Mrs.Mom

Reply by dsdaye » Sep. 21, 2012 6:32pm

Had another ultrasound today to make sure everything was ok with the baby, measure it and check the amniotic fluid.
Everything looks good and the baby is healthy. That certainly is a relief.
If I do not go into labour either today or tomorrow I will be induced on Sunday. Originally they had said Monday, but they have now changed their mind and set it for Sunday. Having my little one one day sooner certainly does not bother me.

Hoping all is well with all of you.

User Image

User Image

User Image

dsdaye

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 21, 2012 6:52pm

Wow dsdaye that is less than 2 days away!! How exciting to know you will have that little baby in your arms so soon! Looking forward to hearing your story and seeing your precious LO!

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Coomy08 » Sep. 22, 2012 1:01am

Zane and I got to come home today.

I went in the 19th at 5am to get checked in and prepped for the c-section...didn't start out the greatest...first the computer in the room wouldn't work then the laptop wouldn't work so they had to do my info at the nurses station computer, then I had to be cathed twice because they used a latex one the first time and I didn't know till it felt like my nether regions were burning(I'm latex sensitive) before they cathed me they asked if I was allergic to shell fish or had problems with iodine you would have thought latex allergies would have been asked about..I guess I should have thought to say something before hand but my mind was other places. Then after I got my epidural my b/p dropped a tad bit and it made me nauseous (threw up just a lil bit) and then baby boy didn't want to come out(I could feel all the jerking and pressing, not very comfortable!) Finally at 7:33am Zane Daniel decided to cooperate and come out and made his grand appearance special by peeing everywhere :). He was 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 1/2 inches long and a good set of lungs on him lol.
Was up an walking by myself yesterday after my cath and iv's were taken out. Zane was circumcised today(was supposed to be done yesterday but the doctor had something come up) he threw up a lot after the procedure so we had to stay a little bit extra so they could make sure he was able to hold down his next feeding been doing great since.
I'm a bit sore today, must have done too much when I got home because there is more bruising around my incision than there was when I left the hospital and the area's a bit swollen so my husband took my 3 yr old out to play and told me to go lay down for a bit and take a nap. Swelling went down a little bit so hopefully by morning it'll be better.
Breastfeeding started out good in the recovery room then yesterday it seemed like he didn't want to latch on and when he did he would fall asleep or else he just didn't want to wake up. Today he's doing a lot better and wouldn't even know we had a bad day. Think my milk is on it's way because when I went to bed last night it looked like I had a minor boob job and come this morning it was like bam look at those suckers and of course you know my husband had to point it out to me(like I hadn't already noticed).
Posted some pictures.

Can't wait to hear some more birth stories!

Coomy08

Reply by beckster » Sep. 23, 2012 1:59am

My beautiful baby boy Beau Lleyton was born on his due date 22 September weighing a very healthy 9Ibs exactly with absolutely no pain relief. I can't believe I did it.

I'll give you all more details when I get the chance. Looking forward to hearing more announcements soon. Xx

beckster

Reply by flowermommy81 » Sep. 23, 2012 4:10am

Sorry, I never got the chance to update, but Alyssa Rose was born on her due date, 9/21/12, at 1 a.m. She weighed 9 lbs and is 21 inches long!!! My full birth story is on my page along with a pic!!! She is gorgeous!! So glad labor is over. We are being discharged tomorrow afternoon.

You ladies waiting to deliver are in my prayers!!!! Thank you so much for all the support!!

flowermommy81

Reply by dsdaye » Sep. 23, 2012 11:06am

Congrats to Beckster and Jambolina!!!!

Here is the revised list;

Leniana- September 3rd - September 8th - Wyatt - 9lbs. 10oz, 21 1/4 inches - Boy!

Tyesmommy15- September 3rd- September 4th - Alyssa Marie - 6lbs. 5oz, 20.5 inches - Girl!

Elizabethwig- September 6th- Girl!

Auburnmama- September 7th- - September 4th- Andon Dean - 7lbs. 1oz, 20 inches -Boy!

Damebacker-September 11th-Boy!

knicole27- September 14th - August 4th - Liam Ryan - 3lbs. 14oz, 18 inches - Boy!

Dsdaye- September 14th- It's a surprise!

Britney- September 16th- September 6th - Braelyn Sadie - 6lbs. 6oz, 19 1/2 inches - Girl!

Excitedmommy2be- September 16th- Boy!

Babyho3- September 17th- Girl!

Emk2617 - September 18th - Boy!

Jambolina81- September 21st- September 21st - Alyssa Rose - 9lbs, 21 inches - Girl!

Beckster- September 22nd- September 22nd - Beau Lleyton - 9lbs - Boy!

MrsMeggiemac- September 22nd- Boy!

Coomy08- September 25th-September 19th - Zane Daniel - 7 lbs. 13oz, 20 1/2 inches - Boy!

gppacen- September 25th- It's a surprise!

Courtney12- September 28th- Boy!

Mrs.Mom- September 29- It's a surprise!

Tallesss- October 10th- Girl?

dsdaye

Reply by dsdaye » Sep. 23, 2012 11:14am

Hoping that all your little ones are doing well.

I heard from my midwife yesterday and I will be going into the hospital today at 4:00pm to start the induction process. They will be inserting Cervidil tonday to start things off and get my cervix in a better state for labour. I may have to stay at the hospital all night, but they may let me come home and sleep. I'm not really sure which is better. The hospital is a 45 minute drive from our house so I am worried that the Cervidil may take affect quickly and we will have to rush back to the hospital when I am having really bad contractions. But, it would be really nice to try and sleep in my own bed instead of a hospital bed. We'll see what they say. I honestly have no idea what to expect.
I am already 3cm dialated so from what I have read the cervidil tends to put a woman who is already dialated into labour quickly and pitocin is not always needed. Here's hoping that that is what happens to me.

Hope all of you are doing well.

User Image

User Image

User Image

dsdaye

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 24, 2012 11:30pm

This thread is getting much quieter! I am going to be the last one to go!

Coomy - Congrats again hun. Your little guy is a doll. How is the bruising? I hope with each day you are feeling a bit better! So glad to hear BF is working out so far and that your milk is coming in!!

Beckster - Congrats! 9lbs and no pain meds...I can't believe you did it either, that is amazing! Good on you girl!

Jambolina! Another 9lber! And only 15 minutes of pushing...that is just awesome! And another who felt everything...gives me hope that even if my epidural doesn't take, I will be able to do it...guess I won't have a choice really! lol

dsdaye - Thinking of you. I am also 45 min from the hospital so I understand where you are coming from. Hope all worked out well and I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about your birth story!!

AFM - My due date is this Saturday and (as you all know) so is my sister's wedding. The closer it gets the more it's hitting me that I'm not standing in the wedding and I feel sad about that. This week I continue to have slight cramps like my period is coming, which I think means I'm continuing to dilate, but I will find out at Thursday's appt with the OB. At this point, I'm wanting to meet this baby so badly but hoping he/she waits until AFTER the wedding. But only baby knows when the time will be here. My close friend had her baby Tuesday and said it was a rough labour..that it was long and they had to use forceps so she said walking about the house has been hard on her. Hard to hear these stories with me yet to give birth, but it's the reality I know I could face myself. I only wish my friends whom have already had children would quit reminding me about how much pain I'm going to be in...like I don't know child birth involves pain??! *sigh*

Anyhow...I check back daily to see how everyone is doing (those of us who are left at least)

...I cannot wait to join you ladies in the next thread!!

Cassie

Mrs.Mom

Reply by knicole27 » Sep. 25, 2012 3:53am

Hey Ladies .. i want to let ya know I DO read the forums BUT this lil man has me so busy that most the time i do everything one handed, i have a tried a few times to respond typing one handed but with no success lol. Anyways I have a free moment now.

Congrats ladies who have had their lil ones!! and 9 lbs! wow! lots of big babies .. though thats not bad at all that means healthy!!!

dsdaye- thinking of you! anxious to find out what you had!!

Cassie- Thinking of you too hun! hoping that lil one holds out till after the wedding!

knicole27

Reply by Leniana » Sep. 25, 2012 4:29pm

Hi ladies... congrats on more babies!! and nice big nine pounders too, Glad I am not the only one! Have to concur with Nicole it's been tough to check in, but I'm glad everyone is doing well and I have been reading all the posts :)

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by tallesss » Sep. 25, 2012 5:11pm

Hi Ladies,

So last Friday I had pre labor contractions, intense prelabour contractions. They lasted from 9pm to about 4.15am when I was just too exhausted to keep timing them. I just went to sleep. they were consistently 5-6mins apart and lasting about a min. I showered around midnight and removed all the pelvic hair thinking this is it, and i don't want to scare anyone focusing on my hooo ha. Must mention that I did get a pedicure and extra foot massage on Friday after work. so maybe this foot massaging thing does have some truth to it.

Anyways didn't call my doc, cause i didn't want to go to the hospital too fast only to be sent back home or drugged up. I'm only 10mins from my hospital, job and doctors office.

I had my appts this morning and all looks good, except my OB went ahead and scheduled me for a CS the week of my due date. He said if i go naturally before then that's fine but if i don't go by then he'll do the CS.

He also said that if I go into labor and he won't allow me to labor too long. Meaning if my dilation is not progressing well he'll operate. (kinda makes me wish i had a midwife) So my immediate thought was don't rush to hospital as soon as my contractions start

last night i juiced two small pineapples and drank the juice, it was delicious! it came out kinda like a smoothie. Gonna juice another one and take a brisk walk around my neighborhood. I so don't want another CS!

Hope everyone else waiting to meet their love bugs is having good days, and those who have already delivered are enjoying every moment with their love bugs!

will keep you all posted.

User Image

User Image

tallesss

Reply by AuburnMama » Sep. 25, 2012 6:26pm

I've been reading too! Love hearing all the birth stories of these big babies!!!! Congrats everyone! And good luck to the soon to be moms!!!

AuburnMama

Reply by Coomy08 » Sep. 26, 2012 3:16pm

Congrats to everyone that's had their babies !

Mrs.Mom- Thank ya, he's very photogenic I got bored yesterday and played around with taking pics of him and my 3yr old(some didn't turn out to bad if I say so myself lol).
I still look like I've been kicked in privates, doc said by next week it should be gone but we'll see it's pretty dark bruising.
Fingers crossed baby waits till after the wedding to make an appearance!

Like the others said I've been reading too but it's hard to respond these days with a newborn on the boob and a 3 yr old trying to get your attention every 5 seconds. Good luck to everyone that's so close and can't wait for you guys to join us in the after thread :)

Coomy08

Reply by dsdaye » Sep. 26, 2012 3:39pm

Hello,

Had the baby on Monday night at 8:28pm. Baby boy, Jack Brian is doing great. Was 9lbs. 5 oz. and 22.5 inches long.

Had a long 11 hour labour and had to resort to using the vac to get him out. Left a nasty bump on his head with a large red ring. Swelling on his head went down by the next day, but red ring is still there. Looks painful, but he's a little trooper.

Will give more details later, just too tired to do it all now.

Hope everyone else is still doing great.

Will post pictures soon too.

User Image

User Image

User Image

dsdaye

Reply by gppacen » Sep. 26, 2012 7:15pm

Congratulations on the new arrivals:) So exciting!!!!

Well it looks as though I'll be heading into October.... My cervical exam was the same as it was last week though now the baby's head has moved all the way down. I'm disappointed - though I know that baby will be here soon enough - 2 weeks being the longest I'd have to wait now.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!! and getting some sleep;)

User Image

gppacen

Reply by knicole27 » Sep. 26, 2012 11:22pm

Dsdaye- yay congrats on your baby boy! And wow another 9 lb'r ! Healthy babies!

Gppacen- thinking of you , hopefully you won't have to wait two more weeks and he/she will decide to come sooner! Fx!

knicole27