Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

May 2015 babies! - Page 2

Replies (106)

Reply by joye2e » Sep. 28, 2014 5:27pm

Hi ladies,

Rawrimagiant - love the shirt idea! :) Hope tonight works out for you!

Ceijae - sorry everything is tasting like eggs!! Pregnancy does the strangest things!

Afm - my boys have been sick with cold after cold for over a month & I think I finally caught one :( boo! Other than that, I've had occasional nausea, been sleepy but restless sleeps, and very hot! :) Booked my first on apt for Oct 23, might book my first u/s around then too.. Exciting!!

Anyone have any ideaa on names yet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

User Image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

joye2e

Reply by Ceijae » Sep. 29, 2014 12:55am

Rawrimagiant: I love the shirt idea. Dali and I made a card saying "Guess what?" on the front and then "We're finally having another baby!" with the first positive test taped inside when I told my husband. We're thinking about getting a shirt screen printed for me when we announce it to our friends, because we're geeky it'll probably be Pokemon related.

Joye2e: Thanks, it's just so weird as it only seems to be sweet things. Everything else is fine. Hopefully you get over your cold soon, I've picked one up from my daughter too and it's not fun.

We've already decided on Liliana Mary if it's a girl and Damian Leo if it's a boy. Our first child's middle name is after my grandma so we're using names from my husband's side this time. Mary is a very very common name in my MIL's family (they're pretty much completely Irish) and Leo was his grandfather's name.

First appointment with our midwife (CNM are the standard maternity carers in NZ) is booked for 10am on this coming Friday, so nervous. She'll say if she can take me on as a patient or if she thinks I need an OB.

DD: 29/04/11, Dahlia/Dali Lynnette V.
MC: 17/10/14, Gabriel was miscarried at 6 weeks, 3 days.
??: Either going to be Liliana Mary V. or Damian Leo V.

Medical Zebra - I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, either Classical or Hypermobility type but my doctor isn't certain which yet. Also have Raynaud's Syndrome as a result.

Ceijae

Reply by rawrimagiant » Sep. 29, 2014 3:53pm

Ceijae: I thought of you while making my family eggs. lol. And We're a little geeky too. I was origianally going to make him a StarCraft themed tee that said something like "achievement unlocked: Against the Odds - create secondary offspring (next little box) Brood Swarm- 14% complete" but decided it might be a bit confusing since he was unaware what it was referring to. xD

I ended up doing the shirt thing last night- did not go as well as I planned. lol. He didn't notice it for a bit, and when he did, he thought it was a joke. And told me he hopes it's not a girl. >.< (Usually he's super supportive and everything, I think it just blindsided him because last time I was pregnant I did the whole "we need to have a talk." bit.) But we talked and he's just worried about the financial aspect and supporting 4 people when we were supposed to move cross-country in Feb... selling his car (a two-door gas guzzling antique) and all that kind of stuff. I anticipated this though. He was much more open to it this morning. I don't think he thought it could happen for some reason so he's in a bit of shock. lol.

rawrimagiant

Reply by Ceijae » Oct. 1, 2014 10:31pm

HCG a week ago(14dpo) was 450 IU/ml, is that good? I didn't get it tested with my first pregnancy

Ceijae

Reply by rawrimagiant » Oct. 2, 2014 4:04pm

I think so. In my 'What to Expect..." book it says for 3 weeks pregnant the "normal" range is 5-50, and for the 4th week 5-426. So you sound good to me!

Thankfully hubs is good with the idea now and was even suggesting female names, so that makes me feel better.

Symptoms are finally starting to kick in, which I'm kind of thankful for. I've known for 2 weeks but it still hasn't clicked, idk why.

How's everyone else holding up?

rawrimagiant

Reply by rawrimagiant » Oct. 12, 2014 12:45am

Kept wondering where my symptoms where, they've hit me like a bus this week. Blugh. Soooo tired. And wanting Mexican food. Nausea multiple times a day, luckily no actual getting sick though. I can barely breath through my nose it's so stuffy, and I wake up a number of times a night. First apt in about 2 weeks.

How's everyone else doing? Anyone share the news with extended family?

rawrimagiant

Reply by Quartz3 » Oct. 14, 2014 12:07pm

Anyone else bored out of their mind with early pregnancy? I'm lucky enough to never get really bad, strong symptoms in pregnancy, but it makes things very boring. It feels like nothing's going on. Right now I'm tired, I have acne all over my face, I'm peeing constantly and I get the occasional ligament pain. That's it. Oh, and, this being my third pregnancy, I look like I'm 3 months pregnant although I've only gained about a pound!

We have not shared the news with many people yet, just a few close friends who were by our side when we suffered our loss two years ago. We will be waiting at least the NT scan before announcing the news.... I would love to wait until the anomaly scan, just to be on the safe side, but looking at my current bump, I seriously doubt that will be possible!

Quartz3

Reply by rawrimagiant » Oct. 15, 2014 10:27am

YES. It's weird because I'll get about one symptom at a time, only once or twice per symptom each day, only a few symptoms a day, but the rest of the day carries on as normal as can be. That seems confusing.
As in, I get nauseated after my first cup of whatever drink in the morning, but that's the only time I'm nauseated. so I'd say 20ish out of 24 hrs a day, I feel pretty normal. I feel like I should be doing more, or more should be happening.
I can definitely see much more bloat going on this time around, even though I've lost a few pounds. Crazy. We were going to tell my FIL at about 11 weeks, I'm hoping another few weeks of growth won't mess that up (DH's mother is coming down Nov 2nd, we plan on telling them at the same time).

rawrimagiant

Reply by Ceijae » Oct. 15, 2014 9:07pm

Hey ladies.

I've got a dating scan tomorrow morning and it can't come soon enough. I've been spotting for the last day and a half so I'm pretty worried.

Mostly just brown spotting, which I know is normally not a big deal, but I had some red this morning (back to brown now) and my CNM is just like "well, sometimes it's fine and sometimes it's not. Wait and see what the scan shows." Been resting (as much as one can with a 3 year old around) and drinking far more water which all seems to be helping.

Just really really hoping it sticks. I'm at higher risk because of my weight and genetic conditions so I'm freaking out.

Ceijae

Reply by rawrimagiant » Oct. 16, 2014 4:45pm

I'm sorry to hear that. :/ If it's any consolation, I spotted for 2 weeks when pregnant with my son. You think that CNM would have been a bit more kind. :/

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

rawrimagiant

Reply by Ceijae » Oct. 17, 2014 12:06am

User Image

Scan this morning went well. Pocket of blood about ~.18ml (0.00608652fl oz, so tiiiny) sitting in there which the sonographer thought was probably from implantation bleeding.

Baby is about 4 days earlier than I thought my earliest dates could be, sitting at 6+3 instead of 7. Strong heartbeat though, which is good since right after the scan I peed and had red blood in the toilet. D=

Which counting back means I got my first positive test at 2+5, seriously positive one at 3 weeks exactly and had an HCG of 450IU/ml at 3 weeks and 2 days... Which is apparently pretty damn high.

Does however mean my new due date is June 10th so I'm not having a May baby anymore.

Ceijae

Reply by Ceijae » Oct. 17, 2014 7:17am

I lost the baby.

3 hours ago I passed a big chunk of tissue that I'm 99% certain was the baby, plus blood and clots. It's been taken for testing by the hospital and won't be confirmed until Monday or Tuesday but they're pretty certain. Back home now because my vitals are stable.

Ceijae

Reply by Quartz3 » Oct. 17, 2014 12:22pm

Oh my God Ceijae, I am so sorry.
How are you feeling?

Quartz3

Reply by rawrimagiant » Oct. 17, 2014 2:26pm

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. :(

rawrimagiant

Reply by Ceijae » Oct. 17, 2014 9:01pm

It's been a pretty shitty, up and down day/night. We were so hopeful even though it was measuring 4 days behind what we had thought was the earliest it could be, the sonographer told us it looked healthy and had a good heartbeat, that the bleeding wouldn't effect it.

Just over 5 hours after we saw it on the scan it was gone. And I can't wrap my head around that.

Ceijae

Reply by xSharky7 » Oct. 19, 2014 9:37am

Hello
nice to meet you all
I'm Sarah and this is my first pregnancy. I have been married for almost 4 years. I stopped trying getting pregnant long ago cuz it was just to stressful especially that I had PCOS
I took a test when my period was due and it was negative 2 weeks later still no period and I been feeling sick and all. I went to do a blood test just to make sure and was positive. I was really shocked because I'm used to hearing negative all the time. Now i'm 11 weeks and still have the nausea , fatigue and stomach pain most of the time and praying I would feel better soon.

xSharky7

Reply by rawrimagiant » Oct. 19, 2014 10:57am

Ceijae, I don't mean for this to sound bad, please don't think I'm heartless towards your loss, but, your hormones are at a good level to try again soon, if you're up to it. I totally understand why you wouldn't want to, which is why I feel bad suggesting it. :/

Sarah, congratulations on finally achieving pregnancy! Isn't it funny how we ladies hope and hope to get/be pregnant, and then once it hits and the symptoms set in, it's all about hoping the side effects will stop. XD (Have the cake and eat it too! I always found that phrase funny. Why would you have a cake you couldn't eat? Anyway.)

Had the worst cold of my life over the past two days. My eyes were so red and watery when I tried to take my son for a walk I was literally blinded by the sun (as if the tears magnified the sun going directly into my eyes. Boo.) As well as being so congested my head felt like it'd pop. Luckily Hubs was off yesterday and let me take a long nap and went and got me lots of soup. I'm feeling a lot better today. :)

rawrimagiant

Reply by Ceijae » Oct. 19, 2014 7:42pm

Rawr, it's all good, we're planning to try again soon. We put a bit of a time crunch on ourselves wanting to have another baby before our daughter is 5 and with the fact that it took us 7 months to conceive Gabe (one of the names we had picked was going to be Gabriel and it's kind of stuck as what I'm calling this one, DH is worried people will think we're religious because of it though) we kind of need to get started soonish to meet that.

Sad that I won't get to experience all this with you ladies though, it was nice getting to meet you all and hopefully in a few months I'll have some better news. Good luck with your pregnancies and I'll be looking out for birth announcements at the end of May =]

Ceijae

Reply by Quartz3 » Oct. 20, 2014 3:43pm

Good luck getting pregnant again Ceijae! Hope it'll be quick and will end much more happily! Sending you good vibes!
As for the name and people thinking it's religious, I personally wouldn't care. It's the name that sticks, it's the name that sticks. When I was pregnant with my first baby, who we ended up losing, I kept suggesting the most ridiculous names. For some reason, that name that stuck for us was Frittata - yes, the food! We've mostly kept it to ourselves because it would certainly seem disrespectful and heartless to a lot of people. It's not. It was a joke I made while watching a cooking show, and it stuck....

Quartz3

Reply by knicole27 » Oct. 20, 2014 9:18pm

Ceijae- I'm not from this due date club but I had a sch (hemmorage ) with my first or so they thought. I had bleeding that came out in clots and cramping . Do you have another appt ?! Most importantly another blood draw to confirm this ? For hcg levels to confirm the drop in hcg ? And another ultrasound to also confirm the heart stopped and or miscarriage ? It is very odd to me as well that only within a few hours you had a healthy heartbeat strong hcg level then a miscarriage . I'm not trying to give false hope but I would ask more questions and get more testing before deciding on anything like a d&c etc. my thoughts and prayers are with you .

knicole27