Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

November 2015 - Page 55

Replies (1183)

Reply by jessyann1985 » Dec. 17, 2015 10:34pm

I'm sure everyone has been really busy! I hope everyone is feeling good, sleeping well and a LOT less stressed out!

Victoria, is Isabella finally well?

Asher is growing, growing, growing and eating constantly, also he has a GREAT set of lungs. I'm exhausted but thankful that the girls have officially started Christmas break! BTW i FINALLY added pictures!! There is one from when he was just a few hours old and a couple more. One with each of his sister's and another of just him.. I need to get some of him with both of his sisters, yikes! Anyway just wanted to check in!

Jessica
Wife to Jeremiah since May 10, 2003
Mom to Alyssa Faith November 14, 2003
Autumn Brooke May 15, 2008
Our October 30th, 2014
Asher Jeremiah November 24, 2015
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by thecronins722 » Dec. 18, 2015 3:29pm

Jessyann: Asher is super adorable. So glad that things are going well for you and your family.

AFM: Isabella caught a stomach bug and is finally on the mend from that. We ended up in the ER with her due to vomiting and diarrhea. She dehydrated but did well with iv fluids. The stomach bug has finally passed, but she got another cold on top of that stomach bug. She is holding her own with the cold. Mainly a runny nose and cough. She is in the 50 percentile for her height, weight, and head circumference. She is growing right on target. We are finally getting her pictures taken on Sunday. I am so hoping that she cooperates and doesn't cry too much, lol. She is now smiling and cooing frequently. It so makes being mildly sleep deprived worth it. She sleeps between 4-7 hour stretches so far. I am so excited for Christmas. I finished all my Christmas shopping in October, but will be picking up stocking stuffers and Isabella a few things as well this weekend. Super excited.

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 18, 2015 7:29pm

Jessy, Asher is adorable! Glad he is doing well!

Victoria, I was going to ask how Isabella was doing! I saw your post on facebook about having to take her in. I can only imagine how scary that must have been! I'm glad she's on the mend though!

Afm, I have been sick nonstop since V was born. I think I am finally gwtting over it now, though. All the phlegm is coming up from my lungs and the cough isn't as bad. I have a fever of 105 over last weekend. It was horrible. I also have a nasty case of ppd. And it's not helping that my period is back, along with my pmdd. So double whammy there. =/

Some good things though! We finished our holiday shopping for extended family. I just need to get some photos printed for 2 gifts and wrap everything. We got our kids stuff out of layaway, also needs wrapped. Getting the stocking stuffers this weekend. We are also house hunting! We found 2 nice houses in Kentucky. One has 29 acrea, and the other has 10. Not sure which ine we want to try for yet though. Hubby and I can't agree on one. =/

Also, our local humane society has waived all adoption fees this weekend, so WE ARE GETTING A DOG!!!!! It's a surprise early gift for the kids. I have been begging my husband to let us get one for ages now. I really think it would help my oldest, and I think it would help my depression. We'll see though. It all depends on if we find one that meshes with the family.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Dec. 19, 2015 10:53am

Cattsmeow: That's awesome about the house hunting. I totally can't wait till we do that at the end of 2016. Glad that you are feeling better and on the mend. It totally stinks being sick. I am totally jealous of the idea of getting a dog. We are renting a duplex from a local realtor, and we cannot have pets where we live. We do plan on getting one once we purchase a home though. So we just have to be patient and wait, lol.

I hope that mama and Idk are doing well. Has anyone heard from them?

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 19, 2015 5:42pm

Victoria, we are only able to do it bc the realty company we are looking through has in house financing for people with bad credit. Plus, my husband qualifies for a VA loan, which requires no money down. So win win!

And I am rethinking getting a dog. Valerie has colic and I am not sure I can handle training a new dog and the colic. I'm ready to rip my hair out today.

Oh! And did I mention my 16 month old son weaseled his way into my room, found the Christmas presents, and now I can't get him to give me his mega block tractor back? Good thing it's nap time and I can sneak it away after he goes to sleep. Also, good thing he won't remember it come Friday when he opens it.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Dec. 19, 2015 11:25pm

Cattsmeow: I can so relate to the colic issue. Isabella has it too.The gas drops are semi working for her, but she still has major cranky periods. Very emotionally draining when it happens. Glad that you are able to move forward with buying a home. That's great news that they are willing to work with your credit.

Good luck with sneaking that toy away from your son. Kids are so darn sneaky and smart, lol.

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 21, 2015 3:41pm

I'm sorry Isabella has colic. It is draining. I am ready to rip my hair out. If Valerie is awake, she's screaming inconsolably. Gas drops don't really help, neither does gripe water. We put her on Gentlease formula, but it doesn't seem to be helping. She doesn't burp well, either, so that's a HUGE factor in it. Oi!

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Dec. 22, 2015 4:38pm

Cattsmeow: That's the formula that Isabella is using. I am thinking of switching her to Similar Alimentum. It works wonders for babies with colic. My other children had milk protein allegeris, so that's what we used for them.

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by jessyann1985 » Dec. 22, 2015 4:57pm

Hey ladies! So sorry your sweet babies are colicky! Yuck! Have y'all tried to gerber soothe drops? Our pediatrician recommended them to us when we were struggling with fussiness.

Catts, good luck with house hunting! I'm sure when the right one comes along you'll agree and both know that's the one!! Sorry you've had such a rough time lately. I hope you start to feel better soon! Have you spoken with your doctor about it?

Victoria, how is Isabella? Is everyone getting well at your home?

Afm - everyone is well here, I'm tired! This nursing on demand thing is pretty exhausting, and to top it off I can't leave him with anyone because he might get hungry. I'm not complaining, it's just been hard but we're adjusting. However, showers are hard to get, and I smell like milk, and spit it up by we're making it. Although I can't seem to get out of the bed before 11, and my poor dogs and kids aren't getting the attention they are use to. But my 12 year old is amazing! When he just wants to be held she can do that for me. And he wants to be held all the time even at night when we're sleeping.. Ugh! But I love this little guy, and I'm so glad he is here! I can't believe it's almost Christmas! I'm hoping to get stuff wrapped, but I don't know when that will happen. If I could find someone that would wrap it for me it would be totally worth it to pay them! Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well!

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 22, 2015 5:06pm

Victoria, we thought about trying that formula, but we can't afford it. It's crazy expensive and we don't qualify for wic. As it is, we use the generic gentlease. (Parent's Choice.)

Jessy, I looked up those drops and they're expensive too. We may try them, but my husband is having trouble justifying $30 for a small bottle. Hell, he didn't even like me spending $25 on 3 bottles. (Valerie will only take the Munchkin Latch bottles now.)

Afm, I hopped on the scale this morning because curiosity. I am down to 175lbs, which means I have lost 45lbs since Valerie was born 5 weeks ago! I now weigh less than what I did when I got married. Lol. Woot! I only have 15lbs more until I reach my goal weight of 160.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by jessyann1985 » Dec. 22, 2015 6:33pm

Catts, sorry I totally forgot how much they cost! I bought them on Amazon for $23 but we have prime so I got free shipping. Good job on be weight loss!! I still have 6 pounds before I'm at my pre pregnancy weight. I'm hoping it'll be gone before my 6 week check up.

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 22, 2015 6:48pm

Jessy, it's fine! I appreciate the thought! Lol. At this point, I am willing to consider almost anything. Lol. I was just surprised it was almost $30 for a small bottle of the drops. Someone suggested peppermint water, but I'm not willing to try that until I speak to the doctor. Everything I've read says peppermint may hurt her tummy even more. =/

And I totally forgot to mention that if I lived closer, I'd help wrap your presents! I just finished wrapping ours last night. Lol. And my 5 year old busted me doing it! I saved it though. I told him Santa got behind this year, so he asked all the mommies and daddies to help him wrap gifts. Thankfully, I wasn't wrapping any of his gifts and he seems to have forgotten about it already.

And speaking of gifts, today is the first official day of winter, also known as Yule. We have a tradition of opening a few presents on Yule. (We're Pagan but are trying to raise our kids with an appreciation and respect of all religions and their celebrations. We don't force any beliefs on them and want them to choose what they believe in when they are older.) We get a family movie, some hot chocolate and snacks to have during the movie, and everyone gets new jammies. Once the kids are all older, it'll be a board game instead of movie. But this year we bought Jurassic World. (My oldest is obsessed with it.) They wouldn't let us take him to see it in the theater (too scary apparently, but this is the kid who laughed through all of the other Jurassic movies), so I'm excited to watch it tonight. Obviously, Brandt and Valerie are too young and will not have interest in watching it, but I figured we would let Tyler stay up late to watch it. Maybe he'll sleep in a bit tomorrow instead of getting up at 5am. Lol.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Dec. 23, 2015 12:30am

Ladies,

I am freaking out. I took a hpt and its positive. I am so not ready to be pregnant again. I have never been so afraid in my life. I am very pro-life and would never consider abortion and I would never be able to give my baby up for adoption. My husband has been wonderful and supportive since we found out this morning. I guess I will have to suck it up and deal with the oops. I am still semi in denial. Just needed to get this off my chest.

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by jessyann1985 » Dec. 23, 2015 3:26am

Omg Victoria!!! What a surprise!!! I would be freaking out too but I'm also pro-life and believe that every baby is here for a reason!

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 23, 2015 4:15am

Omg, Victoria! My jaw is literally on the ground! I can't imagine. I'm prolife, as well. But omg! Everything happens for a reason and every baby is a blessing!

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 23, 2015 6:16pm

Totally off topic, but it's 2 days before Christmas and I am preparing for tornadoes. The line of storms heading into my area has gone tornado warned multiple times already this morning. Oi!

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Dec. 23, 2015 8:20pm

I am a lot more calm today. If this is God's will then so be it. I firmly believe that everything will be just as its suppose to be. My husband was so funny yesterday when I told him. His response was, well it looks like we'll be getting a passenger van really soon, lol. I am so thankful for his love and support. He is an awesome husband and father. I plan on not telling anyone until I am showing. I do not want to hear all the naysayers reactions, including my mother. The strange thing about this whole thing is that I was just thinking about getting a triple stroller to make things easier. Now I really need to get one asap, lol. Oh, such is life.

Cattsmeow: yikes, for the tornadoes. Be safe!!!

Jessyann: glad to hear that you and Asher are doing great. Babies are such a blessing.

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 23, 2015 8:56pm

Victoria, I'm glad you have such a positive outlook on things! I'm sure everything will work out like it's supposed to.

Thankfully most of the severe weather has gone north of us here, but we have another round of storms firing up and heading this way. And there go the sirens! Gotta get the kids to the bathroom!

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 23, 2015 9:28pm

False alarm! Severe thunderstorm warning, no tornado! I hate that they sound the siren for thunderstorms during a tornado watch. It makes me all paranoid.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by jessyann1985 » Dec. 24, 2015 2:52am

Victoria I'm glad you are doing okay! How are you feeling? What made you decide to test?

Catts, y'all be safe! We're having the same issue down here. I think we just came out of a tornado watch. This isn't horribly unusual for us though, we had a tornado hit our town two years ago on Christmas Day. Anyway I hope you guys don't get any more bad weather!

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985