Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

March 2013 Babies - Page 8

Replies (220)

Reply by CandyLee » Sep. 26, 2012 8:51am

Hi everyone

Im Candy-Lee, im 23, baby number 1. E.D.D 1st - 10th of march any time in between that. Im really excited, hoping for a girl. 18 weeks came with hot flashes, more nausea and dizziness. when i stand for long i feel like im going to pass out, room gets deam and then i get really hot and all weak. i have to immediately sit down, breathe and relax.
Really not a great feeling, any one feeling this way?

Otherwise our little bean is beautiful, the ultra sound pic came out beautifully and saw the heart beat. DP and myseldf are super excited. :D

How are you guys doing this week?

CandyLee

Reply by ChooChi73 » Sep. 27, 2012 1:36am

Hello Ladies!!! Haven't been on in awhile and wanted to keep you updated. I am 15 weeks 1 day today and am anxiously waiting to find out what my lil bean is. i had my last ultrasound last week and my lil one is healthy with a strong heartbeat! Well only 5 weeks to go to find out the sex, and 25 weeks until he/she arrives.... I am going crazy lol. I am not the most patient person in the world. I dream almost every night of holding my lil one in my arms, and what it will be like to finally be a mommy. As for symptoms, does anyone else still feel extremely nauseous and tired at this stage in pregnancy? I also have horrible migraines and backaches. Is this normal? Thanks for all your help ladies! :D

User Image

BabyFruit Ticker

ChooChi73

Reply by CandyLee » Sep. 28, 2012 9:59am

Hi ChooChi73

yes I still feel extremely nauseas and tired, I have been having migranes too, got severe when i got into the 15th week, 18 weeks now and they are subtle, probably once a week now, i also have been suffering from backache from week 15, now im 18 weeks and its way worse, i have an office job so its sitting the whole day, so it is really unbearable when i stand or trying to sit after that really hurts, all that helps is lying down. Doc says its all apart of the pregnancy.

It will all get better with time and its all worth it right, we will forget about it all when we holding our little angels .

CandyLee

Reply by Lucky3 » Sep. 29, 2012 1:39am

Hi ladies! I think I introduced myself several weeks ago, but since then have been a silent participant. Weird, right? Anyway, I'm currently hours away from being 14 weeks with baby #3. My pregnancy seems ok for the most part, except the few instances of spotting. I've had a couple infections which contributed to that, and a SCH which I am hoping has worked its way out. I didn't throw up which was good (though rare for me) and bad because I have put on a ton of weight. I crave meat and potatoes all the time and I'm hoping I can get healthy in the second tri. I also had a negative libido if that's even possible and thankfully my DH has been patient. Oh, and the boobs are ginormous... I would have loved that before, but my shoulders hurt so bad all the time now. So now that all I've done is complain (I'm not, really) I am very happy to be entering babymoon time! We are elated that we are having another baby and have lots of fun listening to the heartbeat at hone. My other kids are excited too, DD rubs, hugs and kisses my belly any chance she gets! I love it!
I enjoy reading about all of your pregnancies and good news. I am sorry for the loss in those who had their angels. I wish you all the best and I'll try to be a less silent creepy preggo stalker!!

Lucky3

Reply by sami1121 » Oct. 3, 2012 3:43pm

Hey all!
Once again I was MIA for a while... we just moved into our first house and I've been preoccupied. :-)

I'm doing great, but I haven't gained any weight which is starting to freak me out a little bit. I have a doctors appointment next week, so I guess I'll see what she says. I'll probably kick myself for saying this in a month or so, but I honestly miss my first trimester... I'm 16 weeks and don't feel pregnant at all right now. It's so weird!

Is anyone else feeling this way? I talked to a coworker who just had her little girl and she said the beginning of her 2nd trimester was the same...

Other than that though I've been working on the nursery (because we finally have room to grow), and making our new house a home. :-)

User Image

The hubby and I are looking for a !

sami1121

Reply by Bumblebaby08 » Oct. 5, 2012 12:12am

Hey Ladies! Can I jump in?

I'm Alicia, DH is Patrick. We're both 28 and currently are expecting our first children, TWINS! Our due date is March 31st or April 1st but considering we are cooking two babies, I doubt we will go that far into March!

I've read over a lot of the posts and wish I had a little more energy so I could go through and reply to everyone. I barely got sleep last night so I can't wait for my head to hit the pillow tonight! I just wanted to pipe in and join you ladies!

Have a good night!

Alicia -

Me - Alicia (29) DH - Patrick (28)
Started TTC in August of 2009.
After two and a half years we started IUI, third IUI was the charm along with Gonal-F and Lupron!
Confirmed BFP on 7/23!
Our twin girls, Alice & Julia were delivered on 2/11/13. Seven weeks early but are health and growing every day!
Got a out of the blue on 10/14/13! Hoping everything is ok in there! And hoping to join team blue!!

Bumblebaby08

Reply by BabyMumma » Oct. 5, 2012 1:25am

Hi everyone!

Flutters - Welcome. Congrats on your pregnancy and 3rd baby! I'm also pregnant with my 3rd. We are both going to be busy mummas!

Irishbaby - So happy to hear you have moved! Good luck with the decorating! How did your appointment go on Monday?

Candy-lee - welcome to the group! Sorry to hear that you have been having hot flushes! I had my first one last week, and it was awful. My heart was racing and I felt like I was going to faint.

ChooChi - Happy to hear your ultrasound went well! I have also be still having some nausea at night, and I threw up 2 nights ago (sucks - I thought I was past all that!). I'm also getting daily headaches grrr. Hope you start to feel better soon!

Lucky3 - good to see you back! Another one pregnant with number 3! We are gluttons for punishment! So cute your DD rubbing and kissing your belly.

Sami - Enjoy working on your nursery! As for not feeling pregnant - I had that with my first 2 pregnancies. Try not to worry, and make the most of feeling great. Plenty of time in the 3rd trimester to feel like crap! haha

Alicia - welcome to the March group! So happy to have you join our group! I hope you get some decent rest tonight.

AFM - I had my first Midwife appoinment on Wednesday. I'm really upset/angry about it! First of all I'm not on the Midwife Caseload Program, but the Shared Care (Not what I wanted AT ALL!) then the midwife took one look at my history (2x c-sections) and said 'you know you will have to have another c-section'. I was really upset by this and told her I wanted a VBAC. She then went on to say 'I'll book you an appointment with a Dr at the hospital, but you will be flat out finding someone willing to let you have a VBAC'. How rude and negative can you be!?!

Then she said 'lets take your blood pressure. We wont be able to listen to your babies heartbeat, as you are too early' (Ummmm WHAT??? I'm 15w 2d - with my DS I heard the heartbeat with a doppler at 13w!)

So needless to say I was really upset/angry after my apointment. I rang my doula and she was so reasurring. She has some contacts in the Midwife Caseload program, and is going to call them today to see if she can get me in. She also rang a friend who runs a VBAC course, and she knows a lady who had a VBA2C at the same hospital I want to - and this lady is willing to talk to me about her experience! Looking forward to talking to her! Thanks to my Doula I know it is possible - I just need to fight for it!

Its amazing how much support and guidence I am getting from my doula already. She is worth every penny!

Anyway, sorry for my novel!

Take care ladies!
Josie xx

User Image

BabyMumma

Reply by irishbaby4 » Oct. 6, 2012 5:54pm

Hey everyone! I had my last doctor's apt on Oct 2nd the baby's heart beat was 130 and we are having an ultrasound on Nov 2 to find the sex of the baby! I can't wait! I'm sooooooo glade to be 4 months preggers!!! When we have the ultrasound I will be 5months half way done!!!! Yeah!!! We are about to celebrate my son's 11th birthday and my daughter's 2nd birthday today so that's all for today!!!

irishbaby4

Reply by Bumblebaby08 » Oct. 7, 2012 1:47pm

Hi Ladies!!

Irishbaby, I am right there with your excitement to find out what your having! It's driving me crazy not knowing what my little monsters are!

Josie, I hope you have found some form of comfort with your midwife situation. Or at least you had some time to chat with the hubby as to what to do about it!

AFM, Not too much going on this weekend. I've been getting headaches a lot and I was worried it was my blood pressure. However, I had an appointment with my ob office this past wednesday and was lucky enough to go with a headache, but she said my blood pressure was perfect. So hopefully it's just a hormonal thing and will eventually go away once my hormones level out! I am going to an Applefest today with my MIL and her friend. Hopefully the rain stays away cause it's already chilly out!

Have a great sunday! :)

Alicia -

Me - Alicia (29) DH - Patrick (28)
Started TTC in August of 2009.
After two and a half years we started IUI, third IUI was the charm along with Gonal-F and Lupron!
Confirmed BFP on 7/23!
Our twin girls, Alice & Julia were delivered on 2/11/13. Seven weeks early but are health and growing every day!
Got a out of the blue on 10/14/13! Hoping everything is ok in there! And hoping to join team blue!!

Bumblebaby08

Reply by CandyLee » Oct. 10, 2012 1:46pm

Hi Ladies... 20 weeks today ... Halfway there! I feel so tired and heavy, i mean the baby is not yet heavy but my body omg . I feel like im over nine months already! I hope I feel better in the coming weeks. And i have a little boxer in my tummy, this little Princes ( I hope , dont know sex yet) she does ballet in my tummy the whole day literally, no rest at all but at night she is quiet, i really hope that is how she will be when my sweet pea is born.

How are you lovely mummies doing

CandyLee

Reply by sami1121 » Oct. 10, 2012 3:49pm

Hello again ladies!

How's everyone doing?

Irishbaby - how exciting that you are finally moved! Have you started the nursery yet? I must have missed this, but what are you going to school for? We just moved and I can't imagine being in school while moving and handling a pregnancy... huge kudos to you!
Eeek isn't hearing the heartbeat amazing!!!

Flutters - Welcome!! Congrats on baby # 3!!

CandyLee - Welcome!! I hope you are feeling better and the hot flashes are going away! I swear I have hot flashes in the middle of the night because I wake up over heated every morning at 3am... it sucks!! I'm used to being freezing all the time so it's kind of freaking me out. :-) Congrats on making it to 20 weeks!

ChooChi73 - I hope you are feeling better! We actually bought a new bed because my back was getting so sore... I think my hubby was just sick of my needing him to rub my back all the time. Like a new bed would stop that...ha!
I'm super excited about finding out the sex too! The nurse said she thought it was a girl last time, but we'll see in three weeks I guess.

Lucky 3 - so cute that you DD hugs and kisses your belly!! So you have a Doppler at home then? Which one did you get and (if you don't mind me asking) how much did you spend?

Bumblebaby08 - Welcome and congratulations on your twins!! I hope the headaches go away soon... they really are the worst!

Babymumma - That is amazing to hear your doula is so awesome! Thankfully my doctor and nurse are crazy awesome... I have a bit of a attitude problem, so I think my husband was extra cautious when we did our interviews to find them ;-) Good luck getting into the program and don't be afraid to speak you mind or demand U/S, because after all you are paying them. :-) Can't wait to hear how it goes.

AFM I had my 16 week appointment yesterday and it went awesome!! I hadn't been feeling pregnant so I mentioned that I was a little worried to the doctor... she ran out and grabbed the doppler so I could hear the heartbeat! Then she let me listen to my little one for like 20 minutes, and told me how the loud swishes were the LO rolling around. :-) I love my doctor!
Also this just in I finally put on some weight so the doctor was thrilled ( I had lost a ton during the 1st trimester). I'm still under the average, but she said it's a step. It's probably because I have discovered my love for port wine cheese... yes I'm a Wisconsin girl, but seriously this stuff is amazing on everything! ha!

Other than that the hubby and I have been doing a ton of decorating and updating our new home! Our next project is the nursery and I seriously can't wait. :-)

Hope all you ladies are doing wonderfully!
-Sam

User Image

sami1121

Reply by flutters » Oct. 11, 2012 9:04pm

Hello girls, now that they have change my due date to march 18 j will have to wait 3 more weeks to find out what im having also im a little worried because i dont feel baby move yet the way i wantedto only once a day or maybe every two days but i just try to think everything its fine :-) well i keep you updated on what im having my app its on the 30 and i just can't wait

flutters

Reply by mandyp71 » Oct. 14, 2012 9:45am

Hi lovely ladies, old and new!

I am just back from my 2 weeks in NZ, spent with my 12 year old son, who lives there with his dad. It was fantastic to be back 'home' for a while, though the weather was pretty cold and damp most of the time. In saying that, I did appreciate the cooler temps, and probably that contributed to me gaining about a kg more than I should have over the 2 weeks - YIECKS!!

I am feeling absolutely fab as I enter week 19! Bump is growing well and nice and compact, boobs - well!!!!

I have my next doc appointment on 17th Oct so will update more after that. Hopefully sometime in the next week we find out whether we have a boy or girl pirate on board - very exciting times.

Great to have a read and catch up with all of you. Josie, I really hope you find some improvement with your midwife situation - that's just extra stress you don't need!
Irishbaby - great to here your move has gone well and that everything is progressing well for you!!
Sam - I know how you feel about not feeling pregnant - if it weren't for the enormous boobs and growing belly ..... lol In saying that my wee flutters started to be recognisable as baby and not gas last week, so that made me feel HEAPS better :)

Welcome to all the new ladies - there have been a few of you since I went on hols. I will spend some time re-reading your posts (baby brain = short memory) and look forward to hearing more of your journeys.

Best wishes to all over the next week
Mandy

mandyp71

Reply by Lucky3 » Oct. 14, 2012 2:21pm

Good day, mommies!
I can't reply to everyone cause our house is on the market and we just got a call for a showing! Yay! So I'll keep it quick.
I do have a Doppler at home. I purchased it for $60 from Amazon. Its a Sonoline B. I've used it since 12 or so weeks and I love it! I went for my 16 week appointment on Friday and I was so disappointed because all they did was listen to baby and I can do that at home!!! I have actually been having headaches too and I thought it was blood pressure but my BP was perfect. She suggested trying coffee first hint of a headache. I dropped caffeine from my diet when I saw the bfp and she said it could still be that. (Yes, even months later because of the other hormone surges). So maybe that will work for Alicia? Also, I feel your pain, Irishbaby- we are hoping to move in the next two months!
I have my anatomy scan Nov 9th (the day before my birthday) and I cannot wait to find out what I'm having!!! I'm super excited to hear what you all are having too!
That's all for now, take care ladies!

Lucky3

Reply by mandyp71 » Oct. 17, 2012 11:52am

Today was my second antenatal appointment and I ended up having a major meltdown. Everything was going well until the nurse couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. I would not have been so worried if she hadn't kept making strange faces and hmmm - ing, then asking me if I was positive I had actually felt the baby move. After about 5 minutes of trying, she decided to go and find the doctor ... who found baby, with a healthy strong heartbeat, much higher up my tum than the nurse had been prepared to try, in about 30 seconds. Of course, I went to bits - most embarrassing!! Needless to say, the doc just held out the Doppler and said "I will stop this when you've heard enough!" She was lovely :)
I was straight home for a much needed cuppa before heading off on my school visits. Hubby was wonderful and said that I just have to remember all the wee prods I get every day if it happens again :)
Now I have my second scan booked for Nov 1st and follow up on the next Wednesday. Here's hoping that is a happier story.

Hoping you have all had more pleasant weeks than mine ladies.

Best wishes
Mandy

mandyp71

Reply by CandyLee » Oct. 18, 2012 7:57am

Hi beautful Mommies... Had my appointment on Monday 15th, not that much happened but i was told that i have a lower lying placenta and that it should move but if it does not then i might be scheduled for a C section, which i really do not want, I am pray it moves up as my uterus grows ... I was so teary eyed when i heard that and the nurse made it sound so severe but i have to take easy from now on as i have a huge chance of bleeding and even going into early labour. Still have not find out the sex of the baby I am just so weak with everything, Im told not to stress but how can i not. Despite everything my lil pea is such a kicker my word, active little one, especially when its meal time lol. I wana say i miss her and cant wait to hold her in my arms although i havent met her yet it feels like she has been in my arms before and i just love her to bits already :).

Im 21 weeks now 135 days to go. How are you beautiful momma's doing

CandyLee

Reply by sami1121 » Oct. 25, 2012 9:27pm

Hello again ladies,

Mandy - Welcome back (well to your location )! NZ sounds amazing! No worries about a little extra weight, according to the doctor right around 20 weeks is when there should be spike up in weight anyways. At least that is how I'm justifying it. :-)
Your doctor sounds fantastic! I'm sorry you had to go through even 1 minute of that stress... I can't even imagine. Glad everything turned out well and I hope your next Thursday visit isn't as straining.

Lucky - How did the showing go? The hubby and I were on the other end of that (looking at homes) about a month ago, so I know it can be stressful on both ends. I hope everything went well and your house is soon to be off the market.
Did the coffee help? Hormones are ridiculous... and totally have a mind of their own I swear. My headaches have been dulling in the last few weeks, so hopefully it's my body getting used to all the extra water instead of coffee. :-)
PS thanks for the Doppler info... I think I'm going to pick one up because I'd love to wake up and listen to my LO everyday.

CandyLee - You are still early enough that the placenta should move. I'm in the same situation and my doctor assured me that most of the time as the uterus grows the placenta moves with it. So I'll just keep my fingers crossed for both of us. Who told you to take it easy? Mine didn't say anything about switching up my routine, but I'll ask her when I go in next week. :-/
Just keep your head up, you'll find out the sex soon enough and you will have a healthy baby no matter the means of getting the little bugger out. :-) Soon enough your LO will be sleeping in your arms and all of this stress and commotion will mean nothing.

AFM - now that I've written yet another book, I'm doing fantastic! I finally have a noticeable belly (still not too much weight gain though), however my boobs are definitely in competition with my baby bump. I never thought I'd say this, but they can definitely stop growing now... I've gone up 3 cup sizes and I'm sick of buying new bras. boo!
However on the positive front next week we find out if we are having a boy or girl and I'm beyond excited!! They estimated at our last ultrasound that it was a girl, but this will be the appointment we know for sure! eek! I'm pumped! Also, I've been feeling my LO more and more... sometimes it's just flutters and sometimes it feels like a hotdog rolling in there, but either way it's really exciting. :-)

Ok, better do some work!
Good luck ladies!
-Sam

User Image

sami1121

Reply by flutters » Oct. 29, 2012 7:10pm

Hello girls well tomorrow its the big day for me i will have my 20 week us and i will.know gender.im exited :)
Hope everything its.going well for everyone.

flutters

Reply by BabyMumma » Oct. 29, 2012 11:55pm

Hi all

Just a quick reply as I am at work!

I had my US last Wednesday (18w2d) and baby was measuring exactly for my dates, and all looked good - except baby had a bright spot on the left ventricle in the heart.

My doctor is sending us for a more high powered US (booked for 12 Nov) to look into it further, though she told me not to worry (which is really hard not to do!)

So of course I have googled it, and apparently it can be a soft marker for Down Syndrome. Though since my baby has no other markers, and my blood test/US at 12 weeks came back extremely low risk, it is unlikely that it is Down Syndrome.

It could also me a mineral deposit on the heart that usually resolves itself by the time baby is born.

So fingers x all is ok with my baby! the next 2 weeks cannot go fast enough for me!

In other news, Hubby and I are Team Green - and we managed to avoid seeing baby's sex (yay!) Gotta get through the next US now though!!!

Hope all you mummas are well, and that you all have good news from your US!

Josie xx

User Image

BabyMumma

Reply by kayjaytay » Nov. 1, 2012 10:02am

only a few more days til me & my partner get to find out our babys gender <3 5th November @ 8:30am, hopefully bub lets us see, last U/S we couldn't see much of anything, some cheeky lil one didn't wanna move, so we just saw them measuring arm bones, leg bones, the head size and they checked my kidneys out. still getting morning sickness! darn hypermesis gravadium :( will fill u all in once i find out gender :)

Kaitlyn

kayjaytay