Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Gettting worried- Clearblue Easy Weeks Estimator

Category: General - Newly Pregnant
Posted by BabyNapes » Oct. 16, 2013 5:02am

So I tested with the Clearblue Easy Digital with Weeks Estimator. Last week (10/6) it said 2-3 weeks which would be the gestational age. This week I tested again and it is still 2-3 weeks and I believe I am 5 weeks 1 day, but my numbers aren't showing 3+ weeks yet.

I had an HCG done 10/8 it was 109 and then 10/10 it was 224. My doctor won't do anymore testing until my first appointment 10/29.

What do you think?

BabyNapes

Replies (1)

Reply by saloria » Oct. 23, 2013 7:39pm

Are you 5 weeks based on last menstrual period or 5 weeks since ovulation?

Since the Weeks Predictor bases it off estimated ovulation then if you are 5 weeks along based off last menstrual (how doctor's calculate it) then it would still be in the right range you would just be the latter, 3 weeks from ovulation since ovulation typically occurs 14 days after the first day of your last period. You could have also miscalculated day of ovulation. For example I ovulated on CD 21 rather than CD 14 because I have a 34 day cycle so when I used the weeks estimator I was 1-2 weeks (I was 2 weeks past ovulation as I tracked my ovulation). However my doctor might consider my farther along because he would calculate from first day of last menstrual which was Sep 12, 2013 which would make me 6 weeks along but I am really 5 weeks along. This is why a lot of women's due dates change after they have an ultrasound. I wouldn't worry about what the test says. Its most likely calculating the latter, 3 weeks, and I would just wait until your next doctor appointment.

User Image
User Image

saloria