Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

BYOB: Countdown ladies! - Page 11

Replies (253)

Reply by airiesing » Jul. 28, 2011 3:19pm

Hey ladies, just reread my last post.....can we say mood swing???? Maybe I'm having more sx than I realize. I still haven't heard anything. Called this morning, the lines didn't get turned over until 10 rather than 9 when they're supposed to be! No result calls will be made until after 2 and there was NO ONE in the office yesterday. UGH! So why tell me someone will call? and that was by not 1 but 2 people! Anyway, I'm feeling a bit more confident today. don't know why, just am. Went out to see a friend's show last night & got my mind off of stuff!

Marie: Happy Nappy! Try sticking a jug of water in the fridge over night, sometimes it helps the funny tastes settle.

Joy: I'm still frustrated but better. Hope life slows down a bit for you soon!

Erica: that that spotting gets stopped soon! Feel better! Just read somewhere that sniffing lemons is supposed to help???? Maybe keep some fresh lemon rind in a baggie to sniff on the road? I have no idea of this works but sounds at least pleasant.

AFM: Feeling a bit wonky & bloated but I was out late last night....we'll see?? Keep ya posted!

Peace out!!
Erika

and

airiesing

Reply by Shannybum » Jul. 28, 2011 4:26pm

Heather - how did your scan go?

To the ladies having morning sickness - I feel so sorry for you! I never had it so don't know what to suggest to help, but hang in there!!!!!!

AFM, had my midwife appt. yesterday and everything's good - heartbeat was 148-155 (it changed constantly on the doppler) was so cute the baby was kicking at where the doppler was at it kept making a "boof" noise interferance! I'm measuring 24 cm fundal height, so just a couple days ahead, not bad.

My midwife asked if I wanted to do the gestational diabetes test. She says I am low risk as I am only 27 and am not overweight/exercise/eat well and there is no family history BUT she says it's up to me. She says most doctors just do it as a routine test but it's not mandatory. I don't know what to decide. I guess there are no symptoms of GD, so no real way to know if you have it or not. Did your ladies' practitioners offer it as mandatory or optional?

Shannybum

Reply by dmpage » Jul. 28, 2011 4:30pm

I've never had the Glucose Tolerance offered...just given it as a matter of course but I'm 10 years older...who knows. I had it when I was 32 and 34 as well. As for morning sickness...I highly reco Sea Bands and REAL Ginger Ale.

G'luck all!

dmpage

Reply by airiesing » Jul. 28, 2011 10:24pm

Yay! I finally get to breath again for a bit....hcg went from 231 to 2168 in 5 days! (the calculator says that's a 36 hour doubling time)

Guess it's time to stop peeing on sticks, get over myself & enjoy the fact that I'm not sick! (for now.....)

Blessings Ladies!

Peace out!!
Erika

and

airiesing

Reply by popstarh8er » Jul. 28, 2011 11:05pm

Hey ladies!

Erika - I hadn't heard about the lemon thing, but I had heard that sour or lemon candy might help with ms. So I tried it and eventually determined that any small piece of candy, even mints, led to me having that "swamp" taste in my mouth, which in turn made ms worse. But ... smelling lemon *shrugs* like you say ... sounds pleasant in theory.

Shannon - I had a high bmi pre-pregnancy and I have a couple family members with diabetes. My blood pressure has always been really good. I had a mandatory gestational diabetes glucose test at 18 weeks, and at my last appointment she told me I was going to be tested again at ... 28 weeks? something like that. I said, "Again?" because I thought they only did it once. And she said "Yes." I never really questioned whether it was normal to test most of their patients twice or if it was because of my high bmi. I'm not really concerned. The test came out fine last time.

AFM, sorry I haven't commented recently. I'm still reading all of your posts regularly. I just haven't had much to say and have been having a really anxiety filled few days, without much anxiety in my life to explain the odd feelings. I actually took half a day off today, with no good excuse to tell my co-workers why I was leaving. I just kind of felt I might go off on someone or break into tears for no valid reason. I don't know if it's hormones or depression or anxiety attacks (both of which I have suffered with before) or some horrible concoction of all three. Regardless, I hope these feeling pass soon so I can get back to focusing on our little girl instead of focusing on myself so much.

Lot of to all of you wonderful ladies!

Kat
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
 BabyFetus Ticker

popstarh8er

Reply by copsgirl953 » Jul. 29, 2011 12:25am

Thanks everyone for the thoughts, prayers, advice, and tips. I'm still spotting. I wiped today after a BM (sorry tmi) and there was almost bright red blood on the toilet paper. It was watery though. So hubby called the doctors office. They said that unless there is a lot of blood and it's bright red like I just cut my finger off, then not to worry. I'm still in the gestational stage and my uterus is expanding and stuff and that can cause capillaries to bust.

I know this. It makes me feel a little bit better but I'm still worried. The nurse said that if it persists and I'm still worried about it by morning, to come in and they would try to see what's going on.

I'm aggravated because I stay hungry all the time and it really doesn't matter what I eat. It still makes me nauseated. I'm just a mess right now.

I think I'll be less stressed once I go to my appointment. Oh well. Back to being bored!

Erica
Miscarriage September 28, 2011 - 16w1d
Mommy to Christen 9, Haley 7, Mason, and Aiden

copsgirl953

Reply by NewMommy07 » Jul. 29, 2011 1:01am

Erica - I hope you get everything figured out soon! At least the doctor's office is saying it's normal for right now, so that's a good sign! I had some spotting when I was about 4 weeks before I knew I was pregnant and once I knew, it scared me for sure! Hang in there and keep us posted!

Kat - I think I forgot to tell you, but congrats on finding out you're having a girl!!! I hope you get to feeling better so you can really enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

AFM: My sono went perfectly on Tuesday! The tech said the baby is nice and high up in my uterus and plenty far away from my evil fibroid. No cysts on my ovaries (yes!!) and everything looks perfect! We couldn't hear the heart beat yet, but we'll get to do that in 4 weeks. They put me at 7w6d on Tuesday and gave me a due date of March 7th! Which is my sister's birthday so that's pretty cool! This poor baby is going to share a bday with someone cause there's about 7 all around my due date, lol.

We did get to see the heart beating and that was absolutely amazing! DH was crying when I looked over at him which melted my heart of course. Finally made it real for him! As far as sx go, just having fits with my IBS that the doctor is trying to help with. Trying hard not to get dehydrated between that and not having any A/C for 4 days (just got it replaced today). Hope everyone else is doing well!

Heather
User Image

NewMommy07

Reply by airiesing » Jul. 29, 2011 4:26pm

Morning ladies! Hope all is well, finally got some sleep last night compliments of that fabulous storm we had! Love it! No new news with me today, feeling about the same, just a waiting game til the 9th when I have my scan (changed my appt because I was afraid the 2nd would be too early to see anything, my fault, bad math)

Newmom: congrats on the great sono!

Cops: Keeping you in my prayers!!

Pop: Hope ur feeling better! I'm a big girl too, haven't heard of 2 tests before & they didn't do it w/ my DD. Maybe they will now that I'm over 40?? Where are you located? Seems like testing is a bit different "across the pond"

check ya later ladies...blessings!

Peace out!!
Erika

and

airiesing

Reply by joye2e » Jul. 29, 2011 5:02pm

Hi ladies!!

Wow I really suck at keeping up lately!! LoL! Things have been soooo busy here the past week or so and it doesnt look like it'll be slowing down anytime soon! We're heading out camping today, come home on Monday, have company coming Monday evening. Doing laundry & packing Tues & Wed dr apt Thurs am, then heading to the cabin till Sat or Sun! Busy, busy!!

Heather - Glad your scan went well!!

Erica - Any news? Has the spotting stopped yet? I'm keeping my that everything is okay and it stops soon!

Kat - I have suffered from anxiety issues all my life and my doc told me last time I was pg that being preggers can heighten that and sometimes even lead to depression (or ppd after the baby is born) Might be worth while to talk to your doc and see if there is anything he/she can suggest.

airiesing - Yay for high hcg!!

Sorry if I missed anyone... I'm in a bit of a rush, leaving for camping in a couple hours and havent even started packing yet!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Joy

User Image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

joye2e

Reply by Shannybum » Jul. 29, 2011 10:47pm

Joy - have a great camping trip!!!

Kat - thanks for your experience re: GD screening. I am guessing your family history has led them to test you twice. I was tested for Diabetes about eight months ago with the glucose test (not cause of pregnancy but because of a fainting disorder I have they wanted to rule out diabetes). I asked her if that was "good enough" as I'd recently been screened but she said no since GD was different than regular diabetes.

I think I should probably just do it - it's just a test and I'm pretty confident I don't have it but would be nice to not sweat about having a 10 or 11 pound baby as time goes on. So I guess I'll call her and ask her to send the requisition in.

It's a long weekend here in BC this weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Work has been very very stressful and I'm still recovering from our whirlwind holiday :) So hoping for sunshine and relaxing by the river. I have four library books burning a hole in the backseat of my car :)

I'm sure I'll be checking in a lot over the weekend.

<3 ladies :)

Shannybum

Reply by copsgirl953 » Jul. 30, 2011 3:24am

Well the spotting has stopped for right now . Haven't had such a good day today. Been sick and tired most of the day.

Grilled hamburgers for supper tonight. Had french fries with them. It was very good. But about an hour later, the toilet got part of it. Took a nap after supper. Just woke up and it's almost 11:30 pm. Doesn't help to take a short nap when the hubby falls asleep too and can't wake me up.

Gonna pick my youngest up from my parents tomorrow. The girls fight like cats and dogs when they're together. But when they are apart they miss each other like crazy!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Erica
Miscarriage September 28, 2011 - 16w1d
Mommy to Christen 9, Haley 7, Mason, and Aiden

copsgirl953

Reply by Tink087 » Jul. 30, 2011 5:46am

Hi everyone,
I've been reading posts but just to lazy to respond. im in the home stretch now come monday I will be 30 weeks pregnant which means only 10 to go. im super exhausted Nahla moves all the time so sleep eludes me and I feel so heavy in my lower abdomen. my sickness is still rearing its ugly head but hey what can you do...lol on top of that I have been cleaning my apt none stop..nesting is tiring.

welcome to all newcomers and congrats on a girl popstarh8er.

for some reason this site still has my due date off by three weeks. its continuing to go by my last period which was december 13 2010 instead of my ovulation date sometime in January. oh well.

so its 1:46 in the morning and I cant sleep and Nahla is still very wide awake practicing her aerobics and cheerleading I guess. dh is completely knocked out I should push him out the bed. lol

Whitney, Keith, and Nahla Foster one big happy family completed on 10/10/11

Tink087

Reply by airiesing » Aug. 1, 2011 1:15am

started spotting, trying not to hit the panic button, just say a little prayer. thanks ladies

airiesing

Reply by Tink087 » Aug. 1, 2011 12:04pm

airiesing,
good morning, will say a prayer for you please dont panic. I know that is easier said than done. but imsure everything is fine. I bleed heavy for a whole day at 12 weks pregnant and it freaked me out I was at the hospital in panic mode but everything was fine with the little one she was actually pumping her fist dancing on the ultrasound. now i only have 10 weeks left and she will be here. I hope this helps. by the way nice meeting you,

Tink087

Reply by airiesing » Aug. 1, 2011 3:05pm

hopeful but scared. spotting slowed quickly last night, just a few periodic specks now, no pain just a little pressure below the belly button. doc wants to see me, i have an appt @ 2:30. i'm a little nauseated but i'm not sure if that's preggo or sleep deprivation! just laying down & drinking water til then & trying to find a sitter for dd to avoid the huge meltdown she had last time! still praying!

Peace out!!
Erika

and

airiesing

Reply by KatieK » Aug. 1, 2011 3:13pm

Hi Girls,

Airie- don't panic....sending prayers and hugs your way

Well, I am back from vacation, and unfortunately back at work Vacation went well, except 4 out of the 9 kids developed fevers and sore throats. We left early to take DD to the docs as we thought she had strep (only a day early). The ride home was horrendous...if we are friends on fb, you already know, I was at my wit's end...OMG, I could not stop crying...it was ridiculous.

Anyway, now that the ride is over I am back to myself. DD had a virus, not strep...almost wish it was strep cuz at least you can treat it. A virus all you can give is tylenol, and motrin and wait it out. It sucks!

DD is feeling better, and we are all glad to be home. I am patiently awaiting my next appointment so that I can get the order for the 18 week U/S...so I can find out who's in there. My appointment is a week from today with the doc, not the u/s.

Obviously I have missed so much that I cannot respond to everyone, but I have been thinking about you all, and hope that everything is going as planned.

Now that I am home I will be able to check in more frequently.

Have a great day girls,
Katie

KatieK

Reply by Tink087 » Aug. 1, 2011 4:24pm

Aire,
keep me posted im sure all is well.

KatieK,
welcome back from vacation, glad all is well. viruses suck but at least your dd is doing so much better.

as for me im just laying around today exhausted and achy as usual. hubby has a 15 hour shift today so Nahla and I are patiently awaiting his arrival. *sighs*******************. 30weeks appointment @ 8:00 am cant wait. I had so much pressure and braxton hicks last night dh started freaking out. he thought it was time to go to the hospital. needless to say nobody slept last night. the wonderful joys of the 3rd trimester.

Tink087

Reply by mariesmith » Aug. 1, 2011 6:35pm

hey everyone, sorry i havnt been about, i have just been so busy with dd. we went to the beach for the first time since dd has been born, she liked the ice cream and warm doughnuts but not the paddling lol.

airie, i hope you are pk, i have everything crossed for you hun. x x x

Katie, that sounded like a mad holiday, i would have cried too lol. x x x

Tink087 i suffered with braxton hicks with pop, it got to the point where i had them all night and they were 5 mins apart, i thought it was time and then they just stopped at about 6 in the morning. x x x

User Image

mariesmith

Reply by joye2e » Aug. 1, 2011 9:16pm

Hi ladies!

Yikes this thread really doesnt move very fast on weekends!! Works for me though, less to catch up on!

marie - Hope you enjoyed the beach!!

Tink - Yay for only 10 more weeks to go!!

Katie - Sorry the vacay was such a bust & DD got sick

airiesing - I am so sorry to hear about the spotting... I know how stressful that can be!! Try to stay positive tho, I am sure everything is okay! How did the dr apt go?

Shanny - Thanks hun! I hope you enjoyed your long weekend too!!

Erica - Glad the spotting stopped, hopefully you'll be feeling better soon!

AFM - I had a great weekend camping!! We got some beautiful weather, only time it rained was at night while we slept which was perfect cause it cooled things off!

Yesterday I hit the 8 week mark!!
Getting very excited/nervous about my 1st apt on Thursday!!

Joy

User Image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

joye2e

Reply by Tink087 » Aug. 1, 2011 10:19pm

joye2e,
congrats on the 8 week mark. I know the excitement is building up even more.

Airie,
how was the dr. appt?

Tink087