Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

August 2014 Babies

Category: Due Date Clubs - August
Posted by MadamRosemerta » Dec. 9, 2013 12:15am

I didn't see a 2014 thread yet, so I thought I'd make one! My EDD is 08/13/2014. 4 weeks 4 days along and nervous, but so very excited!

How is everyone feeling? I'm having waves of nausea off and on (mostly pretty light), but I've only thrown up once. My boobs are absolutely KILLING me, and the veins on my chest/boobs are much more visible. I'm really cranky and want to eat mashed potatoes all the time. ...and I am EXHAUSTED!

Anybody else due in August 2014 around here?

Kat (30), Mr. (41)
MMC 01/14 @ 8w2d-- "Daphne"
Very cautiously expecting a 03/02/2015!
User Image

MadamRosemerta

Replies (14)

Reply by Lady_Irish » Dec. 9, 2013 12:27am

Hi !
I am due 07 August 2014, so today 5 weeks and 3 days.
Blood work is looking good as well as ultrasound at 5 weeks (sac and yolk sac ). Hope to get another one 10 days to see the heart beat.

Momma to 2 school aged children!

Lady_Irish

Reply by Brandi70410 » Dec. 9, 2013 4:39am

Congrats! Happy Healthy 9 Months

I am too estimated to have an August Baby! EDD: 08/5/2014
This is my first pregnancy. Im very excited and happy but scared at the same time. I am 5 wks 5dys . I have my first doc appt on Tues.

Symptoms:
Very gassy
Fatigue
Increased appetite
Increased sense of smell
Restless
Cramping off and on at night

Brandi70410

Reply by Alliebug6 » Dec. 9, 2013 10:36pm

I am due August 19, 2013, so I am only 3 weeks 6 days today. It's early, but I am so stinkin' excited to be pregnant with baby #2!

User Image

Benjamin Christopher born 12/7/12
Married the love of my life on 5/13/11

Alliebug6

Reply by miraclewonder119 » Dec. 10, 2013 5:59am

I am new to this n im also due in aug. The 19th to be exact!!

miraclewonder119

Reply by nubian2002 » Dec. 12, 2013 5:55pm

My edd is Aug 11. I have been craving salads and spicy foods. This is my first so I'm not sure the diff between m/s and a queasy tummy. I do get queasy when I need to eat. I am 5wks 3 days. And my nipples stay hard and sensitive and have been for the past two weeks.

nubian2002

Reply by MadamRosemerta » Dec. 13, 2013 5:34am

Nubian, my nipples are doing that too! My boobs hurt more today than they ever have in my life. It's awful. Wearing a bra hurts. Not wearing a bra hurts. brushing against them hurts (they are huge, so I do this a lot). Walking hurts. Turning over in bed hurts. Not moving hurts. :( Ugh, my poor boobies!!

other than that, this week I'm super cranky and have NO patience. That's really hard. I'm still having some nausea/indigestion and I'm tired all the time.

I am 5w1d now and still really nervous, but I have decided to just enjoy it. I bought two cloth diapers today (I want to slowly build up a stash) and I have been writing in a pregnancy journal.

We wanted to wait to tell people, but we told my very closest friends...then I told my mom and grandparents...then we told his mom....then I went out to dinner tonight and made it obvious when I didn't order the customary margarita, so another friend found out. I have to wait until just after New Years for our first ultrasound, so I just hope everything is okay!

How are you all doing?

Kat (30), Mr. (41)
User Image

MadamRosemerta

Reply by Alliebug6 » Dec. 15, 2013 2:54am

Hey Rose, I am cloth diapering too! We did so (and are still doing so) for our 1 year old. I really love how much $$ it has saved us over the past year. What brand have you decided on? Or are you going to go with a couple different kinds? We use the BumGenius All-in-one Freetime's =)

And I'm only 4weeks4days so I guess that's why I haven't had many symptoms yet. But I'm okay with that, lol!

User Image

Benjamin Christopher born 12/7/12
Married the love of my life on 5/13/11

Alliebug6

Reply by MadamRosemerta » Dec. 15, 2013 6:46am

Allie, I don't know what brand yet! I bought 2 Alvas the other day. I have heard really good things about them, and they're 5 bucks each! We are pretty dang poor, so 10 bucks for two diapers sounded awfully good. Plus their prints are so cute!

I want to buy a few different kinds over the next 8 months, so that when Baby arrives we can try them all out and see what works best. I figure we'll do disposables for the first month or so, then move into CDing. We'll save back some of our tax return money and buy a stash of whatever cloth brand best fits that tiny butt.

Oh, you'll appreciate this:
Me: I bought a couple of diapers today.
Husband: Oh?
Me: Yeah. They get good reviews, and they're five bucks!
Husband: FIVE BUCKS?! Each?!

HA! I had to school him a little bit on what the "good" diapers cost! :p

Kat (30), Mr. (41)
User Image

MadamRosemerta

Reply by Sabina » Dec. 30, 2013 8:50pm

Hi everyone!

My edd is August 16th. My firstborn, Valentin, is born this year in February and will only be 1,5 year when his little sibling is arriving. Quite close, I know, but I think it's a good thing. Nausea and tender breasts are mostly bugging me again this time. I tried to cloth diaper last time, but found many different brands leak. Also we have had lots of program all the time and I found it much easier to use normal diapers that I don't need to carry home with me.

Ok, hope you're all doing fine!

And b.t.w., I live in Finland (found this app by accident through Google) ��:)

Sabina

Reply by music-chan » Jan. 6, 2014 6:14pm

Hello! I'm due around Aug 26, near my mom's birthday of Aug 28. It'll be a nice present for her as this will be her first grandchild.

Been feeling nauseous since I found out a couple of weeks ago and my breasts have been tender and achy. The past couple of days I feel almost like I have a cold, but with increased nausea. It's amazing that we look forward to this stuff!

Hope everyone has a good pregnancy. :)

User Image

music-chan

Reply by gppacen » Jan. 13, 2014 8:35pm

Congrats everyone on the upcoming arrivals! My EDD is 8/18 but I have just found out I am having twins so more than likely they'll be born in July. I am crossing my fingers I can make it until 37 weeks. I have been having pretty bad MS with this fatique that won't let up. My 15 month old DS probably is contributing to my being tired though...

Hope everyone is feeling well and getting rest!!!

User Image

gppacen

Reply by carol2508 » Mar. 5, 2014 7:43pm

Hi ladies, i'm due the 8th of August with a boy :) . I feel tired a lot of the time but pregnancy is going great.

How are you all feeling?

carol2508

Reply by diligence » Apr. 27, 2014 2:41pm

hey August mommies

Today i am 23 weeks 3 days and my EDD is Aug 21 with second baby (boy). The 5yr old sister is so excited, cant wait to meet baby.

Using my LMP (which was a miscarriage at 2 months in Oct) the EDD is 16 July. Anyone ever experienced this???????

Wishing you all a happy pregnancy journey.

diligence

Reply by kaylia2oo5 » Apr. 28, 2014 11:51am

Hey Mama's!
We're expecting a set of b/g twins August 26th. The local hospital claims they won't let twins go past 38w, so we're looking at the end of July/first part of August delivery!

kaylia2oo5