Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Early ultrasound @ 6 weeks...

Category: Special - Pregnancy Complications & Testing
Posted by BabyBump2 » Aug. 10, 2011 6:55pm

After having a very small amount of light pink spotting, my doctor ordered an ultrasound (probably b/c I had a missed miscarriage back in April). I knew 6 weeks was probably too early to see a heartbeat, but I figured we would see the gestational sac, old sac, AND fetal pole... We only saw the two sacs... I got a little worried at first but the technician said she saw everything she should at 6 weeks... And that at the moment the baby is just too small to detect. I am trying to stay positive and trust that she knows best b/c she is the professional. I am just relieved that we saw both of the sacs :) Anyone else have an early ultrasound and not see the fetal pole (embryo) and then go on to have a healthy and successful pregnancy? Anything would help my nerves right now... I need some hope & faith now, more than ever. Thank You All.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

BabyBump2

Replies (3)

Reply by BabyBump2 » Aug. 10, 2011 6:56pm

Sorry... I meant to write "yolk sac" ... Not "old sac" LOL!!!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

BabyBump2

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 10, 2011 9:28pm

That's what happened to me! The spotting is because of the twinnies!!!! (expect more btw, check out my posts in case it happens to you so you don't have to be totally horrified).

Yes, when we first went in (5 weeks and some days, I think) I think we just saw the sacs and maybe a tiny dot in one. Really, it doesn't look like much at all. Two blobs (that u/s photo is posted in my profile if you want to see if it looks anything like yours)

So far, we're doing ok. We had a scare, but we saw them today and they are doing great (almost an inch long now, eek!!!!!!!) A few weeks makes a BIG difference. So don't fret too much, if they said its all fine and normal. How are your numbers? Very high too? (mine were doubling ever 27 hours, which was another twinnie clue). You probably wont see a heartbeat till 7 weeks and it also depends on your OB's equipment, and whether the u/s is transvaginal or transabdominal (transvag. is easier to see stuff at this point, I realize after having both in two days).

Stay positive, it's hard... but hang in there. are they having you come back in two weeks? I feel like an ultrasound whore, I have had four and I'm only 9 weeks. lol.

User Image

User Image

MrsBrower

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 11, 2011 12:21am

Okay, I was just looking at my early ultrasound, it was from 5 weeks 2 days, and it's just two black dots really. So don't worry. I think it was at 7 weeks we actually saw something in the sacs.

Good luck!

MrsBrower