Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

May 2013 Baby Mamas!

Category: General - Newly Pregnant
Posted by Charlotte17 » Sep. 10, 2012 12:34am

Hi ladies!

Anyone else out there just find out that they're expecting a May bundle?

I had my first BFP on Wednesday, September 5th and have had a positive everyday since. I'm hoping to get blood work done tomorrow to confirm. If all goes well I would be due May 18, 2013

Anyone else very newly pregnant? I would love to get to know some other May mamas!

User Image

Charlotte17

Replies (448)

Reply by Charlotte17 » Sep. 10, 2012 4:43pm

Called my doc this morning and they don't want to do bloodwork

I thought that's what they always did but apparently not. They scheduled me for a confirmation of pregnancy ultrasound the first week of October, right about when I hit 8 weeks. I'm hoping to hear the heartbeat at that appointment!

Anyone else waiting for their first ultrasound???

User Image

Charlotte17

Reply by Ablackwell24 » Sep. 10, 2012 5:46pm

I found out August 26th with two BFP tests!!

I am now 5weeks and 5days. I scheduled my first appointment which is September 12. I will be 6 weeks that day.

Everyone has told me they dont schedule an appointment until about 8weeks or 10weeks. My nurse never asked me. Hmmmm......

I could not wait until 8 or 10weeks!!

Congrats by the way, my estimated due date is May 8!

Ablackwell24

Reply by Charlotte17 » Sep. 10, 2012 6:03pm

Congrats to you!

I wish I was getting in at 6 weeks! Having to wait is going to kill me! Especially since they aren't doing a blood test to check my hormone levels or anything.

Do you expect to hear a heartbeat at your appointment? I've gotten conflicting info on how early that's possible...

Charlotte17

Reply by kgrady87 » Sep. 10, 2012 7:19pm

Hey Charlotte!! We meet again! I can't believe we went from cycle buddies to MAY MOMMIES!!!

@Ablackwell24 Hi there nice to meet you!!

Well I got my BFP September 4th, 3 day before I missed AF! My estimated due date is May 14, 2013!! I have an appointment next Monday at 2:30pm, I'll be 6 weeks then. I'm not exactly sure what all they are going to do yet, they didn't ask me how far along I was either!

How have you ladies been feeling? The week I found out I was PG I woke up at 4:30 am every morning!! That has stopped now thank goodness! I am now so sleepy and just today feel my boobs getting a little tender!

ladies!!

kgrady87

Reply by thumper362 » Sep. 10, 2012 7:43pm

Had my first positive test on Sept 8th . Estimated due date May 21st. Made an appointment this afternoon to see the doc on the 25th that will put me just at 6 weeks. Good thing i don't have to wait until week 8/10 not sure I could stand it.

thumper362

Reply by SmileyBambam » Sep. 10, 2012 9:44pm

Hello Ladies.. I got my first bfp on Sept 3, hoping this one sticks around. I am due on May 13th.. And if you don't mind I would like to join in this journey with you all.. This is my 7th pregnancy but my 5th child. Just went to Health Dept and had them confirm. I go Friday to meet with my midwife and get bloodwork done. I will not be doing ultrasounds with this baby as I have read too much information about them not being regulated properly and the effects of them on the baby are not being correctly released. But either way its always your choice just do your research first. You never know what the government does to control the population believe me read as much as you can before you get anything done during your pregnancy including some of the test that are just stressful and not at all informative for you right now. But if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.. God bless!!

SmileyBambam

Reply by treetilli » Sep. 10, 2012 10:03pm

Hi, Yes we're due May 17th. I am waiting on my first dr. ob appointment to get the first ultrasound and hear my baby's heartbeat! I'm so excited this is the BIGGEST blessing I've ever had--First month trying! Everyone!!!

User Image

treetilli

Reply by MamaBear143 » Sep. 11, 2012 12:09am

Hi Ilm Christina. I got my BFP on August 29th and i am 5 week 6 days . i havent had my prenatal appointment yet its is coming up on sept 26 i ill be 8 week by that point. i cant wait for it to happen. i have so many questions for my doctor......

MamaBear143

Reply by HoneyBee27 » Sep. 11, 2012 1:34am

HI!
I got my BFP on Sept 6., 4 days before i missed a period :) I have had sore boobs and restless sleep ever since then. My first OB appt isnt until Oct. 11 (which would put me around 8 weeks) :/ and my doc said bloodwork wasnt necassary to confirm...bummer. I would at least like to know that my hormone levels are appropriate. My approx due date is May 20th. Congrats everyone and H&H pregnancy to all of us!

User Image

HoneyBee27

Reply by Charlotte17 » Sep. 11, 2012 2:17pm

Yay for May mamas! Congrats to all you ladies!

Sounds like we're all a little frustrated that we have to wait to get in to see the doc! I would love to have bloodwork done to confirm my hormone levels are doubling the way they should be. I may end up taking a HPT every weekend until my appointment just to make sure I'm still preggo!

How many of you ladies are having your first? This is my first pregnancy and I'm cautiously optimistic! My DH bought us the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and I'm a little scared to read it. I'm not sure I want to know what I'm going to go through ahead of time

User Image

Charlotte17

Reply by munchkinbaby13 » Sep. 11, 2012 3:03pm

Hello, I just found out yesterday that we are expecting. I am nervous wreck because my last pregnancies each resulted in a loss and my most recent was an ectopic in May. I called to make an appointment and the earliest they would see me is October 4. So now I have to wait and hope for the best for this lo. I am excited to meet everyone and wish everyone a happy and healthy nine months.

munchkinbaby13

Reply by Mrsfroomie » Sep. 11, 2012 3:31pm

Hi. I got my BFP on Sept 6.
My due date is either May 17 or May 21 depending on whether you go by LMP or when I believe I ovulated.
This is my fifth pregnancy but will by my Baby #3.
I have a boy and a girl. Even teams now!
I have had blood work which looked good. Going again tomorrow.
Charlotte- I did not have blood work with my first. The only reason we did it now is because
1. I have had two miscarriages.
2. I am 38 and needed to check progesterone.In case I needed supplements.

I will do every possible test you can do because I need to know everything about what's inside there.

OB will decide Sono date after we get count tomorrow.

Congrats to all and I hope to enjoy a wonderful journey with you all over the next 36 weeks.

Mrsfroomie

Reply by rvarunner17 » Sep. 11, 2012 5:39pm

Hi Charlotte! We are due the same day! That is so funny.

I have been working with a fertility doctor for a few months so I have to do more than most mommies. I had my first blood test yesterday, found out today it was positive and go back tomorrow for more. Get the first ultrasound at 6 weeks to see if there is a heart beat. So excited!

Nice to meet you!

rvarunner17

Reply by linadina » Sep. 11, 2012 5:56pm

Hello Ladies I am Due May 20th ! Congrats To All I Am Curious How Long Did It Take For You Mamas To Conceive, Just Wondering?

linadina

Reply by HoneyBee27 » Sep. 11, 2012 6:16pm

Took us two months to conceive this time around. I think it didnt happen the first month because my daughter had just started weaning and I dont think I actually ovulated that month. Is anyone else on there 3rd pregnancy and ALREADY showiing??? My pants already dont fit and i def look preggo...hoping theres just one lil bean in there!!!

User Image

HoneyBee27

Reply by rvarunner17 » Sep. 11, 2012 6:29pm

It took us 17 cycles and 2 IUIs to conceive. There is nothing wrong with DH or I, so it was extremely frustrating. We are SOOO thankful that the second IUI worked! Being in the "unexplained infertility" category really stinks.

User Image

User Image

rvarunner17

Reply by kgrady87 » Sep. 11, 2012 6:40pm

We were extremely blessed to conceive our first month trying! I didn't expect that to happen at all with all the things I was reading online. This is our first child and we're hoping everything goes well.

Question: Are you ladies getting emails when someone posts to the thread? On Countdown To Pregnancy it would, but I don't get notifications on this site

kgrady87

Reply by CamoQTMommyof3 » Sep. 11, 2012 6:45pm

Im due May 18th also!!! Congrats to you!!

CamoQTMommyof3

Reply by CamoQTMommyof3 » Sep. 11, 2012 6:54pm

It took us 3 cycles to finally get pregnant. I actully though I was out this month because all the OPK's I took were neg!!! So when Af didnt show up i was shocked!!! Im so glad to c so many mommys here with me1 wishing you all and easy pregnancy!

CamoQTMommyof3

Reply by thumper362 » Sep. 11, 2012 6:55pm

This is our first pregnancy, we are excited. Not real sure about all the changes to come but we will take the journey together. The blessing that we have been given is worth anything that is put in our path. It took us two cycles to concieve.

to all of the May mommies to be.

thumper362