Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Sept 2012 babies- the after - Page 4

Replies (82)

Reply by flowermommy81 » Nov. 21, 2012 5:02am

Hi, ladies! I hope everyone is doing well! And Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Alyssa had her 8-week appointment Saturday, and she weighs 12 lbs. 10 ozs. and is 24 1/4 inches!!! She's a big girl! Doc said she's "dangerous" because she put her on her tummy on the exam table, and Alyssa was trying to army crawl toward her. She said not to leave her unattended anymore like on a bed with pillows since she's moving a bit. Baby girl's determined! And the best part of all...she's been sleeping 7-9 hours staight at night. Thank you, Jesus!! Life is good ;) Swaddling and cluster feeding are making that happen. It's crazy cause she'll eat like 16-18 ozs. between 6-10 p.m. Don't know where she puts it all.

I hope all your love bugs are doing well! Hug those babies!

flowermommy81

Reply by tyesmommy115 » Nov. 25, 2012 1:46am

Hi girls hope all the babies are doing well , I haven't been on in forever as I barley fine time to shower once a day let alone anything else. Small update , Alyssas now 10lbs and currently being treated for menegitis , I've been in hospital since Friday with her , she's been poked and violated since Friday morning , she's had blood work 4 times and a LP and it took them 9 times before getting a IV ... She's on her 15th round of Anitbotics :( .. On a good note her colors starting to be back to normal and she's acting more normal :)! Please keep us in your thoughts xxx thanks ladies

tyesmommy115

Reply by dsdaye » Dec. 1, 2012 8:05pm

Hi Ladies,

It has been a long time since I was last on here. I can't believe how quickly time is going!

I hope that Alyssa is doing better. Please know that I am thinking of your family.

Jack got his shots last week and had a mild temperature, but other than that was fine. He handled it like a trooper. Only a whimper. Harder on me than it was on him.
He is just getting over a cold now. Had a bad cough and stuffed up nose. I got the Hydrasense Nasal Aspirator. It is really gross, but works. You have to stick the aspirator in the baby's nose and with a long tube, suck on the end and the mucus comes out into a little reservoir type thing. There is a filter so the mucus cannot get up the tube. It really works though. The things you'll do for your kids.
Jack is doing great otherwise. He is now sleeping through the night. He also goes to sleep by himself (most of the time).
I can't believe that it is going to be Christmas soon. It feels like it was only yesterday that I was praying to get pregnant. I can't believe that at this time last year I thought that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant and here we are with a little boy.
If I do not go one here again before the 25th, I want to wish you all a wonderful holiday. Enjoy your little one's first Christmas, Hanuka, Kwanza, or whatever you celebrate. I just can't wait. I know he doesn't get it, but it is still fun.

dsdaye

Reply by AuburnMama » Dec. 4, 2012 4:59pm

Hope all is well!

Menigitis!?!? That is crazy scary!! How is Alyssa doing??

dsdye, I have something similar for snot...a Nosefrieda or something like that. Works wonderfully, much better than the bulb! Andon just smiles when I do it. :)

Little man is now over 3 months old. Doing great! I put him in one part of the crib at night, and in the morning he's moved. Little stinker!

I think we're entering the pre-teething stage, so I've put all the chew rings in the fridge along with a few pacis. He's a drooling maching, OMG! But he's so much fun, all smiley and blabbering. Grandparents are stoked about Christmas, as am I.

Just think, in like two 10 days or so, I conceived the little booger! CRAYZEE!!!!

AuburnMama

Reply by gppacen » Dec. 4, 2012 10:40pm

Hi Ladies,

Jambolina - Alyssa is a big girl:) I am jealous of her sleeping through the night. Jesse sleeps 3-4 hour stretches through the night. I have tried bolus feedings at night prior to bed to see if it would help him sleep longer - but nope! I realize all babies are different but it gets hard not sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time:( I'm hoping in the next month he'll start sleeping longer. We'll get there! During the day he only naps maybe 45 min to an hour at a time. Some days are better than others in napping and sleeping. Today was not one of those. Swaddling does seem to help at least when I initially lay him down - then by the end of the nap he's become a houdini and wiggled out:)

tyesmommy - I hope Alyssa's doing better! That is so scary!!!

dysdaye - Sorry to hear Jack is sick - I hope he's feeling better now. I am glad he is doing better with sleeping! I know how you feel - I felt the same last year praying for a little one:)

Auburnmama - The little stinker - moving around! Look what a difference in a year makes. The grandparents are so excited too (of course).

I hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving! Lol - right before we were about to eat Thanksgiving dinner and we were all quiet Jesse was sitting near us and let out the biggest fart and pooped. Everybody was laughing. - the timing was too funny:)

I hope everybody has a great holiday!

gppacen

Reply by flowermommy81 » Dec. 5, 2012 4:52am

Alyssa moves too, Auburn! I'd love to videotape how exactly these babies pull that off! She wakes up at the very bottom of her crib and perpendicular to where she was originally lying. Interesting.

Gppacen -- I hear ya on the sleep. It was a rough go for us at first. Are you swaddling super tight? We also use a sound machine. And then of course she goes on her nightly binge which helps, but that's all her. All babies are different for sure. I hope it gets better. I know sleep is precious.

I hope the sick babies are feeling better :(

I'm enjoying the cooing and smiles. Nothing better than that. We sit Alyssa up now in the Bumbo because she hates to lie down. She fusses and tries to sit up, which obviously ain't happenin'. Just looks like a small crunch. Then she gets aggravated. She wants to see what's going on I guess. She's getting so big...starting to grow out of most of her 0-3 Month clothes, which is bittersweet.

Take care, ladies! Haven't heard from you in a while, Knicole...how's Liam?

flowermommy81

Reply by Coomy08 » Dec. 11, 2012 5:06am

Hope everyone is doing great and that all the sick babies are feeling better.

Had our 2 month wellness check up today(even though he'll be 3 months the 19th). Had 3 shots and the oral vaccince, was really fussy and had a slight fever all day :( I felt so bad for leaving him but I had to go to work. Zanes now weighing in at 12 lbs 7.8 oz and 24 1/2 inches long. He's doing pretty good at rolling from tummy to back when he feels like it. he's trying to roll back to tummy, but so far he just makes it on his side then falls back on his back. He has great head control and I catch him trying to sit up in his carseat then he gets mad because he's strapped in(he HATEs being strapped in the carseat he will throw a fit until we get to driving then he falls asleep)
He is sleeping through the night every night now, on average about 7 hrs straight :). I'm getting so excited for his 1st christmas, we got a 10 foot tree Sunday from a tree farm and tucker helped decorate it while zane watched from his seat.

Well I need to get to bed. If i'mm not on here before the holidays Merry Christmas!

Coomy08

Reply by AuburnMama » Dec. 13, 2012 5:57pm

Awesome Coomy! Andon rolled from back to front last night! So exciting! And we got our first real laugh this past Sunday, so it's been a big week!

He also loves the Christmas tree...he can lay under it and just smile and look at the lights for an hour or so! So cute!

They are all growing up too fast. Hope everyone has a wonderful, memorable first Christmas and New Years!

AuburnMama

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Dec. 26, 2012 8:13pm

Hi Ladies...I can't even remember the last time I came on but I think of all of you often. I get spare time but when I do, I just want to sit and have a coffee or I try to squeeze some cleaning in or something!

Tyesmommy - Meningitis...that is so scary and so hard to see your little babe being poked and prodded :( I hope she's doing better.

I didn't even attempt to read all of the weeks I've missed. I just read that last page here to see how has been on lately.

Ruby is 3 months old on the 1st if you go by months but she was 12 weeks on the 24th. Her 2 month appt went so well! I had to hold her while they gave her 2 needles at once...I cried right before they were going to do it and then once it was done I heard silence and though wow! Then the crying came, but it only lasted a min or two and she was fine. Slept all the way home (45 min drive). Ruby is a really good baby. She has been sleeping either through the entire night or gets up only once after about 7hrs. She weighed 12lbs exactly at her last appt and was 23" :) She also wakes up in a totally different position than how I lay her down! Such a lil mover and shaker!

I made the mistake of hosting a Christmas Eve party as well as a xmas turkey dinner. I have felt emotionally a mess leading up to xmas. I was overwhelmed. I knew I had 12ppl coming for the Eve to sleepover and then had dinner the next day and I never know how Ruby will be when I change things up like that and have people here. MIL and BIL are here for 6 days (too long for me even though I love them). They leave tomorrow but we're expecting a massive storm and she said "oh well maybe I will just have to stay another couple of days!" Everyone stayed up til 3am on the eve drinking and being loud and it was tough for mommy to get any sleep. Ruby did pretty well with it but she was up much more than usual. Then everyone was up from 5am on because my mother felt she needed to go to the hospital because she was having a pain in her chest so mom and dad spent xmas day in emerge :( Mom checked out ok, thankfully.

I just can't wait until my house is empty again!

I could go on and on but I may do up a journal entry to get others thoughts/comments on how they are doing. I have loved being a mom but find it very hard to include being social with that right now....I hope I get better as time goes on.

Anyhow, once again I will try to get on here sooner than this the next time. Hopefully every few days. I really need support from you mommies and this site does bring comfort to me.

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Dec. 26, 2012 11:41pm

oh and one more thing...

Merry Christmas and I hope all of you have a wonderful New Year! But I will be on again before then! ;)

Mrs.Mom

Reply by knicole27 » Jan. 3, 2013 10:33pm

My gosh it's so hard to keep up anymore ! Every time I try I either am needed by Liam or end up exiting the website after I write a whole dang reply! Lol....Liam is doing great! We moved back to WA until we find out here in a few weeks if hubby made it to flight school then it's off to Alabama for us in may. I can't believe it's a new year! Hope you all had a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

I saw there is a new thread made for the sept 2013 babies...holy moly this week a year ago I got my bfp!!!! Amazing how much time has flown by!

If anyone wants to add me on Facebook let me know! I'm always on fb but never on here anymore! :)

Happy new year sept 2012 mommies and babies!

knicole27

Reply by Coomy08 » Jan. 4, 2013 7:03pm

Hello ladies hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas and new year. We ended up getting hit with a lot of snow and it's finally starting to melt and get decent roads again but of course it's supposed to snow again soon. Hope none of you in Alabama were affected by the tornadoes I heard that went through about a week or two ago.
Any who, Zane is getting sooo big he's 3 1/2 months old now, I bet he has grown a couple inches and gained a few more lbs sine his check up on 12/10 because he just looks like he's getting so much bigger especially in the last 2 weeks. I had to start giving him supported sitters food and cereal. He acts like he's still hungry whenever he gets off the boob or finishes a bottle, great grandma got him peach baby food for x-mas so we have slowly introduced that and cereal this week. So far so good, he got the hang of it really quick and is one of the least messy baby's I have ever seen I mean he does not miss a drop lol. Will try carrots next I think.He upgraded from bassinet to the pak n play bassinet so now he has to much more space to play and roll around in his sleep he loves it especially the mobile(has a lion,elephant, and giraffe). He's not too big a fan of tummy time he'd rather sit up and look around and see what's going on. He is a great sleeper, he will sleep 7-9 hours straight during the night and it's great!

I'm finally getting used to my husband being gone for work Monday mornings-Friday nights. I have so much I have to do at home with trying to keep up with house work, take care of the pigs, then we have the wood stove I have to fill up every few hours plus add in a full time job and a 3 yr old and 3 1/2 month old to the mix! We are trying to figure out a way for me to work at home so I can still make extra money but can do it on my time( any ideas would be great).

Knicole: I know what you mean! I wrote a nice long reply a couple weeks ago and then Zane thought he had to start smacking at me before I got it sent through and next thing I know my reply was gone and I was on another page lol. I'm always on fb too.

Mrs.Mom- I hate shot time, it makes me feel so bad :( Zane didn't to great for his, he ended up running a low grade fever afterwards for a couple days and was fussy for the days then he was fine. Hopefully next round they give him will go better, think I'll give the Tylenol before hand next time.

Coomy08

Reply by AuburnMama » Jan. 6, 2013 2:42am

I too saw the 2013 sept thread and was like wow!

No tornados here, although we did spend part of Xmas in our safe place!

Andon is now 16 lbs and going into week 18!! I too am on FB a lot, so feel free to message me and I'll give my full name so we can stay in touch that way.

Knicole....def add me, I can help you adjust to the south!! Lol

AuburnMama

Reply by dsdaye » Jan. 6, 2013 11:41pm

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all well. I can't believe how time has flown. It was one year ago on January 3rd that I got my BFP.
Is there any way that we can make a private page on fb where we can chat and share pics and stuff? I am on fb much more than I go on here and would love to stay connected.

Jack is now rolling over like crazy. I can't put him down without him rolling over.

AuburnMama- glad you are ok

Knicole- wow! another move!

Coomy- You certainly have a lot on your plate. You are what is known as the "super mom". You can handle more in one day than most could in a week.

Anyway, let me know what you all think about the whole private fb group.

dsdaye

Reply by Leniana » Jan. 8, 2013 1:29am

Hi ladies :) You can make a group page and just invite people you want to it. I am definitely on FB a lot more because I can surf it one handed while I am nursing... which I do a LOT. Wyatt is turning into a real chunker! His 4 month appointment is on the 16th.. I can't wait to see what his weight is!

My profile is http://www.facebook.com/loreleik

So yeah about the time he gets done nursing and I get a few things done and get ready to sit down to write out something..he's up again! He only usually takes about one good (more than an hour) nap a day. He does sleep pretty well at night most of the time, but when he is up he wants to be up! We just got his high chair and he is liking that a lot, both the food and the sitting up watching mom while she is cooking and cleaning lol!

I'm glad everyone has been okay with the weather and that the sick babies are getting better... I hope everyone is still doing well. I don't normally get a flu vaccine but I am kinda glad I did this year, there is something really bad going around. I have seen more little kids on my fb page that have been super sick/hospitalized with high fevers. My boss' nephew even died from something last week :/ He was only 8! I really do not want to pass anything like that to my little guy.

Well he is waking up again! I miss you guys Can't believe we've all been talking for a year now! Add me on FB and if needed I can start a group up :)

Oh yeah.. on Christmas, we found out my sister is pregnant! She is due August 26th, almost a year exactly after me!

Leniana

Reply by tyesmommy115 » Jan. 21, 2013 9:22pm

Hey every one , hope everyone had an amazing christmas and new years :)... ours was great and home as a family of course. ............. Alyssa was treated for menegittis (sp?) however she didnt have it she had a blood infection after her needles dont ask how they have no idea what caused it or how she got it , she had 35 rounds of anitbotics and was home 6 days afterwards. sorry it took me so long to update things have been nuts with our family. My son turned 8 on the 15th it was hard to believe i was a mom of a 8 year old.
Hope everyones doing well and the link to my fb page is... https://www.facebook.com/teamtylermcdonald hope that works , id much rather chat to ya all there neways so much easier and i can access it so much better :)

Ps: wondering how much all ur babies weight now . Alyssas a small but chunky little girl at 13lbs 14 oz . shes completly out of 0 to 3 and 3 months clothes and into 3 to 6 however some of the makes r a little to big :).... hope everyones well xoxo

tyesmommy115

Reply by emk2617 » Mar. 6, 2013 2:12am

I'm glad ri read that everyone is doing well. sorry for bnot being on for a while some family issues and James is teething horribly. well I can't believe I'm seeing alll the sept 2013 and despite birth control I guess I'll be on the october 2013 forum as well! Ahhhh! I have to go to the doctors monday to figure out how this new baby is growing! I def didn'tg think I would be doing this again so soon!

emk2617

Reply by knicole27 » Mar. 6, 2013 4:06am

Congrats emk! Lol it s kinda slow around here now, I see most of the ladies and babies via Facebook now .

Wondering if any of you ladies plan in ttc again or was this your last?? I had thought Liam would be my one and only after all my complications and pre e and HELLP syndrome but ..after a lot of thinking and realizing I would be well taken care of medically due to being high risk ...thinking the ttc game will be back in action next year in 2014 or so..we'll see :) hope all is well with everyone!

knicole27

Reply by emk2617 » Mar. 6, 2013 7:30pm

Thank you but I def have to say I feel a thousand times worse this pregnancy then with James. Btw if anyone wants to add me on facebook just message me and I'll send you the link. Thank god my husband is home for a little bit to help me with James because I just can't seem to be out of the bed or the bathroom, and James is SUPER active! Hope everyone is doing well!

emk2617

Reply by AuburnMama » Mar. 11, 2013 7:20pm

Wow emk! Congrats!! Exciting...tiring but exciting! Any idea when your little one is due?

Little man turned 6 mo last week...he's 16.14 lb and 27.25 inches long. Sitting up, trying to crawl...where does the time go!!?!?

If we have another one, it will be within the next 2 years due to our ages...(me 34, DH 38). But right now we're enjoying being first time parents....and I'm loving my IUD!!

AuburnMama