Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

August 2013 - Page 21

Replies (449)

Reply by Preciousbby4 » Jul. 25, 2013 1:29am

Hi ladies i had my ultrasound and our baby girl weighs 6lbs 2oz already means she might be a 7 pound 5 once baby when born which for me is perfect!! Does anyone else know how much there lil one weights??

User Image

User Image

Preciousbby4

Reply by bdawn8403 » Jul. 25, 2013 3:52pm

At my last us a month ago Journey was a little over 5lbs. I have an us on the 5th so hopefully he hasn't gotten too much bigger. I'll be 35 weeks on Saturday. I don't figure I'll go further than 37. Apparently the outside of my cervix is 1-2 cm dilated but inside is closed (have no real clue what that even means) and a ton of contractions. Starting maternity leave on the 8th since we don't feel I'll make it to the 31st. I am so ready for a break.

User Image

bdawn8403

Reply by Quartz3 » Jul. 25, 2013 4:47pm

At my last ultrasound baby weighed 4.4 pounds, which put him in the 40th percentile. According to my doctor that would make him between 7 and 8 pounds at birth. I'm just not sure how accurate the weight estimate is.

Is anybody getting their membranes sweeped? Apparently from next week on, I can choose to have a membrane sweep at my appointment. Still not too sure though.

Quartz3

Reply by Preciousbby4 » Jul. 25, 2013 6:33pm

Quartz- Membranes swept does help its a bit painful i had it with my son but it does help stimulate you and even start labor so yes i will do it as soon as my doctors agrees to.

Preciousbby4

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Jul. 26, 2013 12:34am

I had it done with my youngest. It was done around 1pm and by 3 I was in labor.

User Image
Pregnant with a
User Image

BabyMamax5

Reply by bdawn8403 » Jul. 26, 2013 1:41am

No clue what sweeping membranes is. All I know is I will be induced week 39 if I don't go by then. My doctor induces at 39 weeks (unless you request him not to). I assume because he is extremely busy so likes to schedule what he can. I don't think I will have to worry about that though.

User Image

bdawn8403

Reply by bdawn8403 » Jul. 29, 2013 10:33pm

Had my strep B test today. Was told that some of my contractions are real too. Blood pressure is still a little high but didn't seem to be too concerned about it. Didn't check dilation today, said he will next Monday at my appt. Oh and I lost a pound, woohoo!!!

bdawn8403

Reply by JazzyMa25 » Jul. 31, 2013 11:47am

My Group B Strep is tomorrow. I haven't looked at the scale since my last appointment 2 weeks ago. I don't even want to know anymore! Tomorrow, I'm going to ask the nurse not to tell me how much I weigh. I really don't want to know!

JazzyMa25

Reply by Quartz3 » Jul. 31, 2013 4:44pm

So I've been on mat leave since Monday. (Well, officially this week is vacation and mat leave starts next week, but the result is the same!) I'm trying to keep busy until baby arrives, the sooner the better. I mean, I am in no way having a hard pregnancy, but I figure, I'm off work in order to care for my baby, so I might as well be doing that! The suitcase for the hospital is officially ready and we installed the car seat last night. Everything is ready for baby.

For this reason I think I'm gonna have the membrane sweep at my appointment tomorrow. It's making me a little nervous because of the associated pain though. I'm gonna discuss it with my doctor to see what she thinks, but I guess it's worth it if it can jumpstart labour.

I tested postive for Strep B. I was disappointed, but not very surprised: my doctor said about a thrid of the population is a carrier, so of course I have to be part of the minority!

Quartz3

Reply by JazzyMa25 » Aug. 1, 2013 2:11pm

August is here!!!!!

JazzyMa25

Reply by JazzyMa25 » Aug. 1, 2013 8:24pm

Hey ladies, I came across this great app that allows you to create a digital birth announcement (or any type of announcement, thank you, congratulatory, etc. for any event) for the birth of your baby. It's called Red Stamp. It's free and if you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, you can download it.

Basically, instead of sending a quick, plain text to people saying the baby arrived, you can send a custom birth announcement via text, email, Facebook, or whatever. I just thought it was cool and wanted to share. I'll definitely be using this app when my baby girl arrives :D!

JazzyMa25

Reply by bdawn8403 » Aug. 2, 2013 1:37am

Very cool Jazzy! I will have to look that up. I have already asked my husband to request his mother to not say anything on FB when that time comes as I feel it is something we should be able to do and not her.

36 week checked up Monday. Still having contractions every day, some are real and some are getting stronger and spreading around the whole area more, some just across the bottom of the abdomen. Just wish he'd move along already. I start maternity leave the 11th, last day is the 8th but I would originally have the 9th and 10th off anyway. Excited to get a break from that place.

User Image

bdawn8403

Reply by Preciousbby4 » Aug. 2, 2013 1:59am

Yay girls August is here it feels so unreal so glad to have been in this forum with you ladies and soon see each others babies. I feel so lucky to have u all in my life. As soon as anyone on here pops let us know ASAP please!!!!

User Image

User Image

Preciousbby4

Reply by Quartz3 » Aug. 2, 2013 8:12am

Well, it is about 4AM here, and contractions have been keeping me up for about an hour now. I did have that membrane sweep when I saw my doctor this afternoon (around 4PM), so I'm not getting my hopes up - it could be false labour. The contractions are pretty much all over the place for now, but they're still making me realize that baby is coming very, very soon! It's unreal!

Quartz3

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Aug. 5, 2013 12:08am

Bag is packed and ready for our trip to the hosp Aug 26th @ 9am! Can't believe it's just 3 weeks away!

User Image
Pregnant with a
User Image

BabyMamax5

Reply by Quartz3 » Aug. 5, 2013 3:58am

Well ladies, it wasn't false labour after all! We now have our baby boy at home! He was born on Friday after a pretty short labour, which lasted about 7h30!

Quartz3

Reply by JazzyMa25 » Aug. 5, 2013 2:11pm

Oh wow!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I know you guys are SOOO happy!!! Have fun with your new baby boy!! :D! Can't wait to read your birth story!

Side note: I hope my labor lasts around that time! I don't want to be in labor for what might seem like FOREVER!

JazzyMa25

Reply by bdawn8403 » Aug. 5, 2013 2:42pm

Lucky!! I wish mine would hurry up and start haha

User Image

bdawn8403

Reply by bdawn8403 » Aug. 5, 2013 9:51pm

Well at my 36 week appt today found out he is 6lbs 1 oz and back to measuring on time, well 24 hours behind. He is 'mega dropped and super low' as my doctor said and of course head down. Didn't get good pics at the us because of his position. I've lost a lot of fluid but I guess not too much where he is concerned.

I have exactly 2 weeks left before my induction on the 19th. He'll be a Leo like me (my bday is the 15th). I don't figure he'll be more than 7 lbs. Glad to know ts coming soon, however, my family still says I'm going this Friday.

User Image

bdawn8403

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Aug. 5, 2013 11:31pm

Went to the bathroom and (tmi) when I wiped there was blood, and it wasn't pink! I've also been having some cramps but not contractions. This could be the beginning of something! Finger's crossed!

User Image
Pregnant with a
User Image

BabyMamax5