Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

May 2016 Babies

Category: Due Date Clubs - May
Posted by stephc2010 » Sep. 3, 2015 1:14pm

I'm so excited! I started this group because I haven't seen one for May 2016 babies yet and wanted a place to meet some ladies who are due around the same time!

Let's introduce ourselves! When's your EDD? Where are you from? Is this your first baby? Etc. :) I can't wait to get to know everyone!

stephc2010

Replies (190)

Reply by stephc2010 » Sep. 3, 2015 1:23pm

I'll start!

My name is Stephanie. I'm 23 and live in Maryland, about 25 minutes outside of Baltimore. This is baby #2 for me and my husband. Our daughter was born August 2014. My EDD is May 10th (date may be wrong, I wasn't charting and this was going off of EWCM).

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you! :)

stephc2010

Reply by irishmomtoabunch » Sep. 4, 2015 12:27am

Yeah I found the group ! Hi my name is Chell , I am 42 , married to Mike , we live in Washington state and we have 4 little boys together and I have 3 kids from my first marriage , my oldest boy is 21 , 19 yr old boy , 17 year old girl , 7 1/2 year old boy , almost 6 year old boy , 4 year old boy , 2 1/2 year old boy and I am Due with #8 May 8 th 2016 ! The four little boys and this baby are successful tubal reversal babies . I nursed my 2 1/2 year old till he was 22 months and then we started TTC , it took 9 months to conceive this miracle , I feel blessed and am beyond excited , this will be the biggest gap between my kids ( except for before I had the tubal reversal ) my littlest will be 3 yrs and 3 months when baby comes along .

irishmomtoabunch

Reply by stephc2010 » Sep. 4, 2015 10:51am

I'm so glad you found it Irishmomtoabunch! I love how large your family is! I've always wanted a large family! Are you planning on finding out the gender of baby #8? Are you hoping for another boy or a girl this time? :) We're not finding out the gender for this baby, but I'm hoping for another girl! But my husband wants a boy. He's half Korean and it's a really big deal for him to carry on the last name (although I think most men want to carry on their last name in general). He's the only boy, so the pressure is really on. I want a large family, so the only way I'd end up with more than 4 babies if I kept having girls =P

Are you having any symptoms yet?

stephc2010

Reply by plum14ble » Sep. 4, 2015 3:17pm

Hello All,

EDD 7th May with #2. Already have a girl who is 2 and will be 3 the month our new baby arrives. Feeling fine so far but got really bad morning sickness last time round which hit at 6 weeks so just waiting with baited breath....

plum14ble

Reply by stephc2010 » Sep. 4, 2015 4:13pm

Congrats Plum14ble! I had very few symptoms with my DD. So far I have had mild cramping (with my DD I had mild cramping until 8 weeks!). It comes and goes. Yesterday I had very little cramping. Today I've had it a bit more, it's not painful. More of an achey feeling. I am still nursing my DD, and my nipples are very sore so that's been painful! Other than that, I'm pretty tired no matter how much sleep I get! Hoping for a sticky and healthy baby. :) I'm so anxious to schedule a doctor's appointment, but I'm so nervous to call. My yearly checkup was due at the end of this month anyway... I just have a silly anxiety about talking on the phone! :(

stephc2010

Reply by LindsP15 » Sep. 4, 2015 9:59pm

Hi my name is Lindsey. I'm 29 and just got married on 7/3 in Washington where we live. I'm originally from FL and transplanted exactly 2 years ago. We started trying for a baby right away thinking it would take a while, but using FAM and BBT we got our BFP a few days ago! I'm 4 weeks today with #1 and EDD 5/12!

Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you lovely ladies!

LindsP15

Reply by stephc2010 » Sep. 5, 2015 1:05am

How exciting Lindsey!!! Congratulations on both your wedding and your bfp! I'm excited to be sharing this journey with all of you ladies as well. :)

I wasn't very active on here during my first pregnancy, I mostly quietly kept up with everyone and updated every once in a while. I'm hoping to be more active this time around!

Have any of you told your families yet? If you've told them, did you done anything unique or special? Or plan to? With the first baby, I told my family on Christmas through Skype (they live in New Mexico). We told my husband's parents on New Years Eve by giving them a small gift box that we said was a late Christmas gift. Inside was a pacifier with a "note" from baby that said:

"Dear Nana and Papa,
please hold this for me in case I need it when I come to visit. Knowing my mommy and daddy, they'll probably forget it! See you in August!
Love,
Baby C"

I copied the idea on Pinterest! This time, we're probably just going to put our daughter in a "Big Sister" shirt and see when they catch on! Lol.

stephc2010

Reply by plum14ble » Sep. 5, 2015 8:25am

We're keeping it a secret for as long as possible this time. Last time we told family at 5 weeks because I was feeling gross by then. So far so good this time. I'd love to be able to keep it in until 12 week scan but probably unlikely!

plum14ble

Reply by stephc2010 » Sep. 5, 2015 2:02pm

We waited to "announce" on Facebook until I was nearing the end of the 12 week mark. We're going to do the same thing this time around. I haven't decided if I will even make a big "announcement' on Facebook. It's been a rough year for a few of my friends. Last time I did a chalkboard announcement then weekly bump photos from 14 weeks. I kept up the chalkboard photos every month after my daughter was born! I would love to do the same this time, but I'm not sure I will post on Facebook every week like last time!

stephc2010

Reply by plum14ble » Sep. 8, 2015 9:29am

Ugh - felt nauseous all day yesterday and was actually sick this morning. I'm remembering how miserable it is again.

How is everyone else?

plum14ble

Reply by Libelula264 » Sep. 8, 2015 12:01pm

Hi Everyone!

I kept meaning to join this group but am just now getting around to it. My name is Kara and I live in the Boston area. I have a 2 year old son who will turn three the same month this little bean is due (same exact situation as you, @plum14ble!).

My EDD is 5/12 (same as you, Lindsay!) and my first appt is 9/25. Like all of you I'm sure, this pregnancy won't feel quite real until I see that heartbeat!

Symptoms: I'm feeling very bloated, mild-to-moderately crampy, and very tired. I sleep 9-10 hours a night (when I can) and wake up still tired. My appetite is very low since I feel so "full" from the bloating (I guess?). My boobs are very big and somewhat sore... nipples are painful in the shower.

@Lindsay: I got married in July 2012 and was pregnant in September 2012 with #1, the same as you! Lots of parallels going on here...

Lovely to meet all of you! And congrats once more on your BFPs!

~Lib

Libelula264

Reply by stephc2010 » Sep. 8, 2015 1:54pm

I felt a little nauseous yesterday also! I've been getting headaches as well. I'm trying to limit my caffeine intake, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. :( When we were TTC my daughter, I had completely weaned myself from caffeine before I got pregnant, so it wasn't an issue. Towards the end of that pregnancy I would allow myself to have a little bit of soda every now and then as a treat, then picked it back up when she was a few months old. I would normally have 1 a day and sometimes a decaf coffee. Usually I'm okay drinking sparkling flavored water, but I'm currently out. :( I've also been getting dizzy! And I feel constantly hungry, which I feel is a bit early for this. I almost always need to have a snack, so I've picked up crackers and granola bars and have cut up veggies in my fridge. I gained 40lbs with my daughter, which my midwife said was fine. But I didn't make an effort to lose any baby weight and am starting this pregnancy at 129lbs =( I am also exhausted beyond belief! Slept for over 8 hours last night and I'm still tired! I wish my daughter took more than 1 nap a day, lol!

Glad you could join Libelula! :)

Did you guys all have a nice Labor Day weekend?

stephc2010

Reply by LindsP15 » Sep. 8, 2015 3:38pm

@Libelula264 Congratulations on #2! I have pretty much the same symptoms :/ Except every 3rd night I'm unable to sleep very well, lots of tossing and turning accompanied by night sweats... ughh.

Question: Did you feel like getting pregnant with #1 took anything away from your marriage? I'm really excited and most days I don't feel like it's too soon, but you know how things creep into your mind! DH and I work together and through our work we've been able to travel ALOT, so I feel like we had so many experiences and saw other cultures and places before we even got married. IDK that's just my thought, but obviously I'm new to marriage and pregnancy so please share any thoughts or tips :)

LindsP15

Reply by Libelula264 » Sep. 8, 2015 6:14pm

@Lindsay, That's AWESOME you've had the opportunity to travel so much before tying the knot! That is something I didn't have with my husband. We met relatively late in the game (I was 29) so we had to get down to business. :)

I would say that yes, getting pregnant so quick did put some strain on our marriage. That said, I do NOT think it would have been less of a strain had we waited. A baby just changes the whole dynamic and it takes time to find the new "normal". My only tip (this has worked for us) is to schedule a weekly "check in" where you talk about your relationship and anything that's bothering you / making you particularly happy. Doesn't have to be an overly formal thing, just a time where you sit down face to face and have time set aside to connect.

Libelula264

Reply by plum14ble » Sep. 9, 2015 2:10pm

Well we've had to let the news out as I'm being sick already and need help looking after DD. Very positive reactions which is nice and helps take away from the nausea.

plum14ble

Reply by blondeone12 » Sep. 9, 2015 4:14pm

Hello, I am very excited to be joining this group. Got the BFP late August and based on lmp i'm due on May 8th. (Mothers day). This will be my first child, and I am so excited. I am looking forward to my first doctors visit on the 14th.
My husband and i have not told anyone yet. Are hoping to hold out until at least Halloween if not Thanksgiving. We shall see if I can hold it in that long though.

blondeone12

Reply by saconic » Sep. 10, 2015 12:32am

Hey everyone, I'm expecting baby #2 on May 11th. I'm 32 and my husband is 35. We have a daughter who will be 5 in November and we have been trying off and on for the past 2 years. I'm very excited, we found out at 11 dpo and today I am 5 weeks. A few symptoms, nervous about morning sickness this time around because it was horrible with my daughter. It kicked in around 6 weeks so I'm expecting it any day now. But I am glad to be apart of this group, good luck to everyone!

saconic

Reply by stephc2010 » Sep. 10, 2015 2:07am

Congratulations Blondeone12 and Saconic!!

I wanted to tell my in-laws today, because I spent the day with them and was actually feeling pretty sick but nothing too bad, but luckily I kept it quiet!

I ate McDonalds earlier for dinner because I was in a hurry to get home (hour long drive) and knew I needed to eat something... Ugh, as if I don't already feel disgusting after eating that junk, I spent the whole drive home hoping I wouldn't have to pull over to puke... In my first pregnancy, I craved fast food so bad, this time, I can't even stand the thought... I don't think I'll be picking up fast food for a while... Still feeling icky. And TIRED! So anxious for my first appointment! 15 days...

Any ideas for healthy snacks/drinks? I've got lemon/lime water in the fridge. Also cut up veggies in ziploc bags for a quick snack that I dip in hummus. And whole wheat peanut butter crackers. But that all gets boring quick! What are you ladies doing for snacks?

stephc2010

Reply by plum14ble » Sep. 10, 2015 5:53pm

I'm just hoovering up anything that comes into sight in terms of food. If I leave it 30 minutes without anything the nausea becomes unbearable. Grapes from the fridge I've found seem to work well or crackers with mild cheese.

Those who have another LO how are you managing with looking after them during the day? I just about manage through the mornings then after lunch she goes for a nap and so do I, but i'm finding the evenings really challenging as she wants to do things but I feel worst then.

plum14ble

Reply by irishmomtoabunch » Sep. 10, 2015 6:25pm

Wow so many new faces , congrats and welcome ! Yesterday heart burn , nausea , some cramping at night and headaches kicked in , Yuck ! I am hungry all the time , tired , oh so tired , I'd like to sleep all day but obviously cannot with 4 little boys home all day ! I have my first appointment on Friday the 18th to get all my paper work done and see the Nurse , then on Monday the 21st I see the Dr I'll be just over 7 weeks , hoping to get an u/s to check on "Pickle" .

irishmomtoabunch