Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

May 2016 Babies - Page 10

Replies (190)

Reply by stephc2010 » May. 4, 2016 9:39pm

How are you ladies feeling? My husband's hopes of a May 4th baby are quickly fading... Lol. Nothing significant happening here, but I have been dealing with some dull lower back pain all afternoon. Not really painful, but definitely enough to be noticeable! I get a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions when I'm up and moving around, but they never lead to any real contractions unfortunately. We're almost all ready for her arrival, just finishing up packing the hospital bags and just keeping on top of the housework. Hopefully our babies will be making their grand entrances soon! :)

stephc2010

Reply by blondeone12 » May. 6, 2016 5:13pm

Yup, looks like no may the 4th baby for us either. I am still not really dilated, 2 cm only. I just want to meet this little guy already. Nesting has finally kicked in though, so i have been getting some cleaning done which is nice. Hope everyone has a safe delivery with a healthy baby.

blondeone12

Reply by stephc2010 » May. 6, 2016 11:54pm

Still nothing going on for me. I was hoping that if we moved the living room furniture around and finally set up the swing and got everything else ready, that it would get something going, but no such luck. Just woke up feeling really sore and achy all over and still just as tired as I was when I went to bed. I haven't been checked for dilation since my 36 week appointment, and was only 1cm dilated at that time. I have no clue if I've had any progress. I imagine they would check me at my appointment on Monday, assuming I don't go into labor this weekend. I may even ask for a membrane sweep... They already know I don't want to be induced unless necessary, so that won't be on the table until after 41 weeks. I'm going to finish packing my hospital bags tonight, then I literally will only have to keep up with basic housework. I'm so ready to get labor over with! I'm starting to get nervous about it all again, and I haven't really been too nervous about giving birth again this entire pregnancy. My husband has also worked enough to get us ahead on bills, so he can take quite a bit of time off work, which I'm looking forward to! Wishing you ladies a wonderful birth and healthy babies! Can't wait to see some birth stories and pictures :)

stephc2010

Reply by blondeone12 » May. 10, 2016 4:15pm

Well Tobias James is here. Born on mothers day. Labor went super quick, around four hours. No time for an epidural or my antibiotics.
So far we are doing well. He is tongue tied, so feedings really hurt. I am a bit sore. Hopefully we get to go home today. They aren't sure whether they will keep him longer because of the group b strep went untreated during labor.
I hope everyone had a great mothers day and I look forward to hearing about the new ones. I will try to post a picture once I am not on my phone.

blondeone12

Reply by Dot225 » May. 11, 2016 6:39am

Congratulations blondeone!!!!

Dot225

Reply by blondeone12 » May. 12, 2016 4:00am

Finally was released from the hospital late yesterday night. Saw the pediatrician this morning who cut the frenulum so he isn't as tongue tied now. Trying to get back into exclusively breast feeding. I had been pumping because he wouldn't latch very well and it was so painful. He is down 4 % from his birth weight, we go back Friday to see if he is gaining weight then. Otherwise, a very healthy little boy.
Also, tmi, but I am so relieved to have had a bowel movement finally. Not the best feeling because of all the tearing and stitches, but good to know everything still works down there.
Tobias is doing good. He is not very fond if laying flat yet, so is held most of the time, which is exhausting. He is on my chest as I write this.
I am so glad that i have my moms help though, she held him for 2 hours between feedings while I slept today, that way Ryan could get some items he needed done complete. She has just been the best, willing to run errands for me.

Stephc, I see you also delivered. Hopefully everything is going great.

All the other may moms, can't wait to see the announcements.

blondeone12

Reply by Dot225 » Jun. 3, 2016 4:08am

Hello Ladies (if anyone is still following)...
I finally had my son, fletcher James on Thursday 2nd June... 6 days late. We ended up having an emergency c-section because he was very distressed trying to come out face first with the cord around his neck twice.

Hope your all doing well.

Dot225

Reply by blondeone12 » Jun. 3, 2016 4:18pm

Dot, glad to hear you have a healthy son. congrats. things with me are starting to settle down. I cant believe how big Tobias has got in almost 4 weeks. he finally is sleeping in his crib, although for only an hour at a time. still working on it. I hope everyone continues to recover well and enjoy their time with the new additions.

blondeone12

Reply by stephc2010 » Jun. 17, 2016 5:00am

So sorry I haven't been on in a while or even checked this forum! It's been quite an adjustment getting used to 2 kids! If you haven't read my birth story, it was a relatively easy labor and delivery. The quick version was I had prodromal labor since Saturday May 7th. Checked in to the hospital at 11:30 AM on May 9th and was 4.5cm and 80% effaced. By 2:30 I was 7cm and 100% effaced. Madelyn Grace arrived at 3:24 PM, with her cord wrapped around her neck and tangled in her legs! Other than that, she was healthy! I delivered her without pain medicine (personal goal of mine) and on my hands and knees due to terrible back pain with every contraction. Recovery was rough for the first week, but by 2 weeks PP, I was feeling completely normal! We've been dealing with reflux issues with Madelyn. After trying Zantac for 2 weeks with no improvement, we are currently on Prevacid and it seems to be working. She is much happier and doesn't cry in pain during/after a feeding and well being burped, which is great! She currently fusses in the evenings, not every night, but most nights, and I think it's gas related, but I'm also wondering if it may be colic. It's been rough. No amount of nursing, diaper changes, burping, rocking or bouncing seem to help. Eventually I cave and give her gripe water (which I never wanted to do, but her ped suggested I try it) and it calms her down and she relaxes and even passes some gas a while later. She's a much more difficult baby than my first born!

Dot, that's so scary about your son! My daughter had her cord wrapped around her neck, but I don't remember if I was still hooked up to the machine monitoring her or not, but it makes me realize how quickly something could have gone wrong! I didn't hear it, but my husband said he knew something was wrong when the midwife said "oh no" when Madelyn was crowning because she saw the cord around her neck. I do remember them telling me to keep pushing as hard as I could, and that may have been why. Hope your recovery is going well!

Blondeone, Congrats again! How is nursing going now that his tongue tie is better? I haven't checked journal entries yet, so I'm not sure if you've updated any more on that.

Hope you ladies are doing well and enjoying your little ones!

stephc2010

Reply by blondeone12 » Aug. 8, 2016 11:27am

Hello everyone. I hope you are all doing well.
Tobias is 3 months old today. I can't believe how time is flying.

He is doing great at daycare and home, such a sweet baby. this past week we have been having a bit of trouble with sleep. He used to sleep great, waking once during the night. Now it seems like ever 2-3 hours he is waking. Which is harder on me, but we will get through it. He has grown so much. I am guessing he is around 14 pounds now and already outgrowing the 3-6 month clothes. He has also started to roll from stomach to back which is so funny to watch, as he sometimes faceplants while turning over.

Hope to hear that everyone else is doing great.

blondeone12