Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

May 2016 Babies - Page 9

Replies (190)

Reply by stephc2010 » Feb. 12, 2016 1:14am

I felt the same way about being the center of attention at my baby shower for my first pregnancy (not doing one this time, since we already have everything we need). But I was surprised that I actually enjoyed it. It was a small gathering with family and a very small amount of close friends. :)

I'm feeling okay. I also am getting the fatigue back. I can't seem to get enough naps lately! I've been going to physical therapy for my pelvic and hip pain and it has helped tremendously! Originally I was being seen weekly, but am finally at the point where I have more good days than bad days, so we're doing a follow up in 2 weeks (and a prenatal massage after!) and I may be done with the physical therapy!

I hope the support belt helps your back! I've had some back pain this pregnancy, but I'm sure ALL women have back pain during pregnancy, unfortunately. Warm baths always help me :)

stephc2010

Reply by blondeone12 » Feb. 17, 2016 11:14am

The nursery furniture is being delivered on Friday!! Can't wait to see it and see how the room looks. Then I can start putting up decorations and putting items away.
I will post pictures after it is all set up.

blondeone12

Reply by blondeone12 » Mar. 2, 2016 12:43pm

75% of the way to meeting this little boy. So excited. Also I am now onto doctors appointments every 2 weeks.
How is everyone else doing?

blondeone12

Reply by stephc2010 » Mar. 3, 2016 9:39am

I think we're the only 2 who still check this :(

Your nursery furniture looks beautiful! They also started my appointments every 2 weeks at 28 weeks, it's so exciting! :)

I've been feeling all the usual "symptoms" that come with the 3rd trimester... I'm having trouble sleeping, I have to pee ALL THE TIME, I'm exhausted (that may have to do with chasing a toddler around...) I just wish I could lay around all day (most days, I actually do, lol) and not worry about laundry or cleaning or making sure my daughter eats decent meals throughout the day instead of just junk food... The weeks are definitely flying by.

We've also finally narrowed down our list of names (we'll decide when we actually see her).
Our top two choices are Madelyn and Lacey. We haven't come up with a middle name yet. But the more I progress through this pregnancy, the more I get used to the idea of naming her Madelyn (Maddie for short). I just want to make sure she "looks" like a Maddie :)

How are you feeling?

stephc2010

Reply by Dot225 » Mar. 4, 2016 3:05am

I'm still checking!!

I've still got really bad all day/night sickness and it's getting very tiring!
I found out a few weeks ago I have gallstones and the dr wanted to operate last week, but the risk of early labor at 27weeks I thought was too high.. Stupid me should have said yes!! The baby has found a super comfy spot right up under my ribs and he likes to hang out there most of the time.. Causing a lot of pressure on my liver and gallbladder... Now the dr wants to induce me at 32 or 34 weeks... :/

We are having a 3D scan done in a couple of weeks so I'm super excited to see his little face..

The nursary is basically done, just added some stuff from when my daughter was in there.
We've picked out our name.

Hoping you guys have a good last few weeks!! Not long now!!!

Dot225

Reply by blondeone12 » Mar. 4, 2016 11:28am

StephC - I love the name Maddie, it is my 2nd cousins name. We have had our name picked out since we found out we were pregnant. Tobias James. My husband just loves the name and once i mentioned it, that was it. There was no other choice for him. We had picked out Evelyn Nicole if it was a girl, but we won't need that one yet.

Dot - Sorry about the all day sickness still lingering. I don't know what i would do if i had that. Hopefully it eases up as you get further along. Being induced at 32-34 weeks, you might be the first one to have the baby from the May group. I hope he is healthy and well cooked.

AFM - My hips have been killing me still and I think i am getting a cold. Or it is just congestion that is running down my throat. I don't feel all that sick, but i keep coughing. My stomach muscles need a break. Also the little guy has been staying in my ribs and so it feels like my ribs are expanding more and more.
Tomorrow is the baby shower and I am really excited and nervous. Hopefully everything goes well.

I just can't wait to meet this one, although i want him to cook for as long as he needs.

blondeone12

Reply by stephc2010 » Mar. 4, 2016 5:10pm

Dot: Sorry you're still dealing with all day sickness! I've been fortunate to not have much sickness during both of my pregnancies. I hope everything goes smoothly if your Dr decides to induce you that early. Whatever is best for you and baby! :) Enjoy your 3D scan!!

Blondeone: Tobias is such a cute name! I love the name Evelyn, but my husband doesn't, unfortunately. I've been brainstorming for middle names, and haven't had much luck. I want something feminine and classic, but nothing sounds good when you add our last name to it, lol.
Enjoy your baby shower! :)

stephc2010

Reply by blondeone12 » Mar. 16, 2016 6:25pm

Can't believe I only have 8 weeks left until my EDD. Some days time seems to be flying and others it seems to be going so slow.

My baby shower was a huge success. It was great seeing everyone there. And there was quite an age range. from 20 to 87. So people of all different parts of life. I also was able to receive most of the big items needed for the baby and a lot of clothes that we can use.

This weekend we are planning on going out and buying the rest of the items we think we will need right away.

My doctors appointment yesterday went well. The doctor said everything looked normal, and so far all of my symptoms have been relatively minor. (Minor swelling, and back pain) I go back in 2 weeks so hopefully i will hear the same thing again.

I hope all the ladies that are reading this forum are doing well. We are getting so close.

blondeone12

Reply by stephc2010 » Mar. 22, 2016 12:38pm

I'm glad your baby shower went well, blondeone! :) Crazy to think how close we all are!

stephc2010

Reply by Dot225 » Mar. 26, 2016 4:08am

Blondeone - glad your baby shower went well.

It's crunch time now... Best start getting organised. I figure as long as I have a bassinet, blankets, nappies and clothes I should be ok. Poor second baby syndrome...

We had our 3D scans last Sunday and he looks exactly like our little girl did at 30weeks, except his hair is about 3x longer.

I hope your all organised and resting up. Not long now!!

Dot225

Reply by blondeone12 » Apr. 1, 2016 2:07pm

I hope everyone had a good Easter weekend, and that you enjoy this coming weekend as well. We are all definitely getting close. pretty soon it will be less than a month left.

How is everyone doing?

blondeone12

Reply by stephc2010 » Apr. 1, 2016 10:40pm

Dot: I'm there with you on the "2nd baby syndrome" we're having another little girl, so I literally won't have to buy anything new for her besides some diapers (although I know I saved a few newborns that my 1st born outgrew, lol) and also a double stroller, but that's really mostly for me, haha.

We had a wonderful Easter. My husband's family surprised us with a cake and cards as a sort of "baby shower" since everyone is so busy in the weeks leading up to my due date.

Over all, I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. Cleaning is hard, grocery shopping is hard, I'm so uncomfortable, my stomach is SO itchy and is getting more and more stretch marks, which makes me itch even more, and lotion is NOT helping. I hate being out of breath when doing the simplest things, lol. My next appointment is April 11th and they'll do my group b strep test and most likely check for dilation, etc. This appointment is with a midwife who is just returning from maternity leave, so I haven't met her yet. We're literally getting so close, I can't believe it! :)

stephc2010

Reply by Mummabear77 » Apr. 2, 2016 3:47pm

Hi Steph,

Mother of four due to be five in 56 days if all goes according to plan.

My EDD is the 28th of May 2016 and I'm from Australind in Western Australia .

Mummabear77

Reply by stephc2010 » Apr. 4, 2016 10:13am

Hi Mummabear! Congrats and welcome to the May board! How are you feeling? I can't believe how soon our little ones will be here! :)

stephc2010

Reply by Dot225 » Apr. 17, 2016 12:36pm

Hi ladies,
Time is ticking and those of you due towards the beginning of May could go early.. Just wanted to wish you all the best, good luck and I hope you have a quick and easy labour. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Dot225

Reply by blondeone12 » Apr. 21, 2016 12:03pm

Hello,
Just thinking about all the other May Moms out there. I know that I can't wait until Tobias gets here. I am definitely over being pregnant now. I am looking forward to starting my maternity leave next Friday though.
Anyone else starting leave soon?
Hope everyone is doing well.

blondeone12

Reply by stephc2010 » Apr. 22, 2016 10:13am

So excited to start seeing some May babies! :) As a stay at home mom, I don't think I'll ever get any "Maternity leave" lol. I feel so unprepared this time around. We still have so much left to do before this baby girl gets here. I have at least bought some newborn diapers (and size 1 diapers, too!) and have gone through my first daughter's baby clothes and got them all washed and folded (still have no idea where I am putting all of it, though!) I need to get the swing and bouncer and rock N play from storage and wash all of those. Wash the car seat and get that cleaned up, put together our double stroller and also buy our co sleeper. It's been hard finding the energy/motivation/time to get everything done. My husband has been working a lot and putting in extra hours whenever he can so he can try to get ahead on some bills to allow him to stay home a bit longer once this baby is born (last time, he only took off 6 days, 3 of which we were in the hospital for delivery and recovery), which means I hardly have any help with my toddler. She's also fighting her naps again which leaves me with no time for myself. It's been rough! Hopefully my husband can help me get some stuff done this weekend. We have a lot to get rid of to make sure that our apartment isn't completely overrun with baby equipment. I want my toddler to still have room to run and play with all of her toys!

No real signs of labor for me. I did get the results of my group B test and tested positive, I had it the first time, so I'm not really concerned with it and know what to expect. The braxton hicks contractions are picking up, but I really think it's mainly because I am either over doing it or need more water (probably a combination of both). Baby girl has been head down for a while and her movement has been quite painful. She headbutts my cervix nearly every time she moves and it's very painful! Otherwise, I feel "okay" for nearly 38 weeks.

Hope you ladies are more prepared than I am! I'm actually hoping this little one will be late so I can make sure everything gets done, lol.

stephc2010

Reply by Dot225 » Apr. 23, 2016 7:56am

Hey,

Steph it sucks that your little one is stopping naps. My 2 year old stopped napping about 6months ago. She decided that she would like to potty train which is super and luckily she's gone really well. Been potty training for 10 days, had 8 dry nights in a row and 6 days accident free!!

I'm feeling rather unprepared, I have clothes, nappies and a bassinet that is ready.

On Tuesday I went to hospital with another gallstone attack resulting in pancreatitis, and then was told I have preeclampsia. They have put me on medication and I have to go in for monitoring twice a week and to see my dr. They aren't going to let me go to 40weeks.. They will decide on Friday (when I'm 36weeks) when they will induce me. I'm not so secretly hoping for a May 4th baby..

Good luck everyone

Dot225

Reply by stephc2010 » Apr. 23, 2016 10:52am

My husband is hoping for a May 4th baby as well!!! =D Sorry to hear you've been having some trouble, but hopefully your induction goes smoothly!! :)

My mother in law keeps asking me when we're potty training my daughter and keeps reminding me about how hard it will be to have 2 in diapers, etc. But my daughter is not really showing any interest in potty training, and usually wakes up with a wet diaper still. I'd rather wait until she shows more signs of being ready than stress myself out trying to potty train her when she's just not ready for it yet. Hopefully when I notice more signs that she's ready, it will be as easy as yours has been! :)

Starting yesterday, I've noticed I've got some nausea coming back. :( It wasn't too bad during my first trimester, so hopefully it isn't too bad now... I'm not sure if I'm just pushing myself a little too much trying to get everything done, but lately it's been hard to eat in general and I haven't had much of an appetite (usually have to force myself to eat). I'm sure that just makes it worse, but nothing sounds good, which then results in me feeling nauseous with a headache. Braxton hicks contractions still come and go, same with occasional cramps and back pain but nothing consistent. Baby girl is still moving often, although I can tell she's definitely out of room in there, I still get a few sharp jabs every now and then. Hopefully we'll be ready for her arrival by the middle of next week so I can just relax until she gets here!

stephc2010

Reply by blondeone12 » Apr. 23, 2016 12:37pm

It seems that all of our husbands want May 4th babies. Mine just mentioned this last night.
I got to do a practice run at labor and delivery yesterday. I had my appointment that afternoon and mentioned that Tobias hadn't been moving as much that day so they sent me over for monitoring. Luckily doc said everything looks fine, likely he is just running out of room. He also said I had a couple of contractions while i was there, although i didn't notice them.
I am very much looking forward to this little boys arrival though. Only 1 more week of work for me and then a break. Doc said i was 50% thinned and 1.5 cm dilated, but that could last for a while.
Here is to some healthy babies and mommys soon.

blondeone12