Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Irish twins?

Category: General - Newly Pregnant
Posted by tickingbean » Jan. 6, 2013 8:44am

I took a pregnancy test today, and looks like I took family planning advice from Jessica Simpson. My LG was born in April, and I'm pregnant again. Looks like I miscalculated my O date. We tried so hard to get pregnant the first time, and the feeling is so different this time around!

From the beginning, I wanted two, but husband wanted one. I have grown so attached to my LG, I had decided I only wanted one. I don't see how I could possibly love anything as much as her! I'm scared as hell!

Reassure me, please!

tickingbean

Replies (4)

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Jan. 17, 2013 7:55pm

I have two sets of "Irish Twins" and I can tell you even though it seems like you could never love another baby as much as your other one, you can! Your heart is an amazing thing full of love and the ability to share it!

User Image
Pregnant with a
User Image

BabyMamax5

Reply by tickingbean » Jan. 18, 2013 7:08am

Thanks for that! Two sets ! That's amazing! And you survived, so that gives me hope!

DD has been so fretful the last 2 weeks, not sleeping, being clingy, that I wonder how I'm going to get through the pregnancy, let alone the NB. She was sleeping through the night, and now is up every 2 hours. Not sure if a growth spurt, if my milk is diminishing, or if she is just getting lonely at night. :(

Congrats on your newest addition!

tickingbean

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Jan. 19, 2013 1:13am

Thank you! My youngest one has been called "the baby" since birth and now he'll be a big brother so things are a little hectic in our house. He thinks the baby will take over his stuff. I tried to reassure him but at his age there isn't much you can do but love them and hug on them. I went through with it several times and sometimes when the baby comes the bigger sibling is still mad, but just ask them to be hands on and help (as much as the can) depending on age. They understand quickly enough.

User Image
Pregnant with a
User Image

BabyMamax5

Reply by 3lilbrownboys » Feb. 26, 2013 5:57pm

This will be our fourth child and when it arrives I will have 4 kids under 5. Once you hold that baby in your arms and as you carry it you will love it just as much as the other one. You will also find certain things about each of their personalities that you love and adore... Like my oldest trying to "grow" his rock garden, or my middle who has a wonderful imagination or my youngest who is a natural cuddler who loves to dance...

You may not think it is possiblebut once the next baby comes you will wonder how you could have possibly doubted being able to love more than one

Took a lot of to make baby #4.. ewww gross!!

DS #1 12/08
DS #2 01/10
DS #3 07/11

User Image

3lilbrownboys