Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Fall 2013 Babies!!

Category: General - Pregnancy Buddies/Groups
Posted by GrantsMama » Feb. 21, 2013 9:59pm

All are welcome. Focusing on babies due September through November 2013, but mostly looking for preggo buddies.

I'm newly pregnant with an EDD of November 1, 2013.

GrantsMama

Replies (1548)

Reply by GrantsMama » Feb. 21, 2013 10:17pm

Just wanted to start a general thread for all of us due around next Fall. I know a lot of us who start out on the other countdown to pregnancy site often make friends who get pregnant a month or two before or after us and it's nice to keep in touch with them or even to see what's coming a few weeks down the road.

I had the same username over on CTP and a lot of ladies may know me from there. If you're from CTP but are using a different username, let us know who you were before.

About me:
I'm 38 and DH is 41. We have one DS who just turned 2. We've been TTC #2 since last June and had at least one early loss. I'm only tentatively on here right now as I've had four days of +HPTs and waiting on bloods, but it's earlier now than when I lost the last one. Fingers crossed. Right now I'm looking at a due date of around Nov 1, 2013.

Hope a couple of ladies would like to join me and we can ooo and ahhh over sonograms and complain about swollen ankles together!

GrantsMama

Reply by yummymummy1991 » Feb. 21, 2013 11:35pm

Lovely to see you here grantsmama! I can't wait to go on this journey with you :)

I am 21 and DH is 23 and we are expecting our little bundle of joy (or havoc hehe) October 9th here, October 8th for USA/European times.
We are very excited but also very nervous - some of that i put down to hormone changes in me since my mood can be quite erratic at the moment... But overall we just can't wait until the later stages when I have a belly and a moving bubba!

I have the glorious and notorious morning sickness, tiredness and moddyness! Poor DH!

Can't wait for the rest of the journey!

As of Today i'm 7 weeks 2 days!

yummymummy1991

Reply by GrantsMama » Feb. 22, 2013 1:16am

Welcome my friend!!! It's so great to see you on here and have a belly buddy to share with.

Have you tried vit B6 for the sickness? I've heard 50mg twice a day helps. Also starting the day with a little bit of protein is supposed to help too.

I'm not to the morning sickness yet, but I do have a little cramping which I'm assuming (hoping) is just round ligament pain or uterine stretching. Boobs ache but that's ignorable.

I can't believe you're more than 7wks already!

GrantsMama

Reply by lizzhaa » Feb. 22, 2013 1:51am

Hi Grants and yummy! I created this profile a while ago and decided to check it out again. I noticed you were on here and found this forum.

I'm 25 and DH is 27. We'd been TTC since July 2012 and in December we succeeded! We are pregnant with our first and I'm roughly 10 and a half weeks with an EDD of Sept 15, 2013. We heard the heartbeat on Monday and it was so amazing. I'm really starting to feel like I've got a little bean growing. :) Our first ultrasound is in a week and half. I'm really looking forward to seeing what's been going on in there!

I've had morning sickness on and off. Thrown up a few times but mostly I'm starving all the time! lol Been craving a ton of fruit lately.

lizzhaa

Reply by Beccamae1207 » Feb. 22, 2013 1:59am

Hey! I was on ctp but not for long before getting preggers. What can I say, it helped a lot! I'm also verrrrry early: EDD is Oct. 31st. I almost regret that I found out so soon, because all I do is worry! I can't wait to spread the news. I certainly was less nervous the first time, for some reason I don't find the second pregnancy any easier!

Nice to meet ya'll!

Beccamae1207

Reply by GrantsMama » Feb. 22, 2013 2:10am

@lizzhaa - Yaaaaaaaay!! So nice to see you!! Wow 10 and a half weeks?!!! How did that go by so fast? Your EDD is the day before my birthday - yay Virgo babies! So amazing to hear the heartbeat! That was always such a trip with my first. I can't wait to hear about your u/s!

@Beccamae - Welcome and thanks for joining us! Our due dates are only 1 day apart so we're belly buddies.

I definitely hear what you mean about finding our early just means a longer time to worry. With my first I didn't even test until I was about five days late! This time I found out at 10dpo. We're definitely waiting a little bit, due to previous early loss. But I can't help getting excited and wishing I could just tell everyone now.

DS born January 2012
CP - Oct. 2012

User Image

GrantsMama

Reply by kcordell » Feb. 22, 2013 2:59am

Hey everyone!!

DH and I are both 22. I am 11 1/2 weeks and due September 8! We have a precious little boy who will be 3 next month. ( Time seriously flies!! ) He is beyond excited about his little sibling and is already talking about his "baby brother" daily. Its precious. He shows off the sonogram every chance he gets. We couldn't be happier. Especially now that I am actually feeling slightly human again! Still can't cook meat. But its just the over powering scent! Super excited about finally starting to "show" but its only just barely!

to everyone here :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

kcordell

Reply by yummymummy1991 » Feb. 22, 2013 4:00am

@Lizz!!!! So good to see you!!! Wow I can't believe how you're doing, well I can and it's amazing. So great to see you and many others that I recognise from countdownto!

@kcordell! That is so adorable what your son is doing... he must be sooooo excited. It's great to have someone that's going to and already as a young family on here too. Sometimes I feel a bit out of place being 21... I'll be due about a month to the day after you! and as for showing... keep the baby bump pics coming girl! I'm considering putting one up soon because that belly is hard and I think its a uterus and not a food baby that's sticking out!

I'll look at putting up one soon :)

yummymummy1991

Reply by Beccamae1207 » Feb. 22, 2013 2:16pm

Question: is anyone "nesting" yet? I woke up this morning and realized we have no room for the baby!!! I started purging clothes and stuff trying to make room for the bundle who isn't due for 8 months! I feel so overwhelmed by all the work that will have to be done. With my first it was literally the week before he was due before I felt the urge to make everything perfect. I know I have plenty of time, but tell me someone else feels this way too!!

Beccamae1207

Reply by kcordell » Feb. 22, 2013 2:46pm

Yummymummy post them girl!! I feel out of place sometimes too since I live in a college town!! My husband is graduating this year and going to grad school. We've been blessed beyond belief. Mostly because my husband is super smart and has gotten a free ride all through his education. YAY! However being here were around LOTS of young people but very few families. I love shocking people when they realize I'm married. Yes I am 22 but I look more like 16! lol I rock it though. I figure when I am 40 I'll finally look grown :)

BeccaMae. YES!! I actually told DH yesterday. " I want to rearrange EVERYTHING!!" haha take your time though. little year little there :) You've got plenty of time and you'll be wishing for something to do later in the pregnancy! I washed and refolded DS's cloths about 3 times before we had him! I just loved the smell and folding such tiny little jammies :)

kcordell

Reply by GrantsMama » Feb. 22, 2013 6:27pm

You girls are so cute with your nesting and tiny jammies and baby bellies!

@kcordell - Hiiiii!!!! It's so nice to hear your son is so excited! I hope my son will be. He'll be almost 3 when we're due. When did you tell him? I think we'll wait a bit but not sure when we'll tell the little beastie. Obviously we'll wait past our previous loss point.

@yummy - It would have to be the baby! You're in such good shape I can't imagine it's anything but the baby sticking out!

@Becca - I would totally embrace the nesting! With DS I felt so sick and exhausted in 1st tri and then when I felt less sick during 2nd I had some hip pain kick in so I wasn't fully functional. and then when nesting hit hardcore during 3rd tri I was all panting and groaning while trying to sort through and get rid of things because my giant baby was crushing my lungs! So if you're feeling good I would go for it! I currently feel an overwhelming urge to purge and overhaul my bedroom.

Got my first bloods back today (had to storm the OB office to get them, sheesh!)!!
Beta - 43 (@12dpo)
Progesterone - 26.7
It's a miracle! The Dr was sure I'd be on progesterone supplements due to previous low draws. Yaaay!

GrantsMama

Reply by Beccamae1207 » Feb. 22, 2013 11:28pm

So that's all good news Grants! Will you be going back for another test in a few days?

Yummy, congrats on the hubby graduating!

Beccamae1207

Reply by lizzhaa » Feb. 22, 2013 11:55pm

@kdordell and @yummy you are lucky you're starting to get bumps. I just look slightly fatter. I'm hoping to get more of a bump in the next couple weeks. I'm the first of my friends to have a baby so I know how you feel about being out of place. I'm also the only married one so my life has been much more tame for a while. Now even more so!

@becca we had new carpeting put in the entire second floor. It's the first step in creating our nursery so I know how you feel about nesting. I can hardly wait to find out what we're having so we can start planning the rest!

lizzhaa

Reply by GrantsMama » Feb. 23, 2013 1:18am

@Becca - Thanks!!! I had a another draw today and I should hear about it on Monday. If the numbers are where they should be that's probably the only other one they'll do. First appt is at 7wks.

@kcordell - Yikes I think I'm the total oldie on here!
Congrats to your hubby! It's so exciting when you have lots of reasons to be proud of them!

@lizzhaa - i'm not as far along but I already have the "slightly fatter" look! I remember from my first that I definitely rocked the slightly fatter look until like 16 wks! I looked like I was just totally going to seed!

I'm nesting so hard that I'm trying to convince the hubby to move to the burbs immediately. We were talking about it anyway, but after 20 years living in the city (moved here in my teens), I'm just completely done. (And I'm so not putting my child in Chicago public schools!)

DS born January 2012
CP - Oct. 2012

User Image

GrantsMama

Reply by yummymummy1991 » Feb. 24, 2013 11:23pm

Thans for all the kind words ladies!
We havn't started "nesting" as such but we are looking at buying a new house to make room!

I finally posted my baby bump photo of 7+5 so feel free to check it out!

Hope everyone is well! x

yummymummy1991

Reply by Lynn_83 » Feb. 25, 2013 12:39am

@Grantsmama!!! I am so happy for you!!!

I am 6 weeks and 3 days and the next couple of days I am going to be a nervous nelly!! I mc at 6w5d last time
I already had an ultrasound at 5w5d and saw my little one. No heartbeat yet but I go again Wednesday so hopefully I will hear it.

Oh I am so happy for you grantsmama and all you ladies here.

Lets hope we all get out rainbow babies and happy healthy 9 months of pregnancy bliss

EDD October 17 2013

Lynn_83

Reply by teamsuperbaby » Feb. 25, 2013 2:23pm

Yay! I'm HERE!!!! :)
Hi Ladies - great to see a few familiar names!!
SO so so excited to flip over to the CMP website. Just found out yesterday and told DH! Still doesn't feel real...
COOL :)

TSB

User Image

teamsuperbaby

Reply by kcordell » Feb. 25, 2013 2:40pm

Grants yay for good numbers!!!! I started mentioning if to DS about 6 weeks or so once I knew it wouldn't end in a CP (he's pretty rough didn't need jumping on my tummy) but I didnt REALLY get excited start talking it up more so he'd understand until after my sono at 9 weeks.

Yummy you're too cute!! You're showing more than me :) I'm 12w now! You lucky dawg

Lynn & TSB ita soooo good to see you here!! I've been reading the boards watching out for more BFPs! Its so good to see!!

kcordell

Reply by GrantsMama » Feb. 26, 2013 4:53am

This darn thread doesn't give me any notifications when you hot mamas are on here!

@kcordell - Thanks for the tips. Still not out of the danger zone but I don't think I'll mention it to DS yet. But my little monster is pretty rough too. He likes to climb on top of us and leap up and down until we beg for mercy.

@teamsuperbaby - So excited to see you here!! Congratulations!!!

@Lynn - Yaaay Lynn!!!! So glad you could join us! And what are the odds that we're here together again?! I'm sending serious sticky vibes out to you hunny! Fingers crossed for rainbow babies!

@yummy - Your baby bump is adorable!

I know most of us on here have had previous losses and are trying for rainbow babies, so I'm dumping a big helping of on this group.

DS born January 2012
CP - Oct. 2012

User Image

GrantsMama

Reply by yummymummy1991 » Feb. 26, 2013 11:26am

So exciting to have team super and Lynn here!!! Woohoo! I'm so blessed to have a journey with such an incredible team of mums to be! Can't wait for the rest of the lot to come too!!!
Well its past midnight here so I'm officially 8 weeks!
Went to see the midwife today which was just the general admission to her care etc, filling out forms and checking weight and blood pressure...
She did talk to me about smoking during pregnancy coz that's still not fully resolved I will admit. I've cut down to less that half of what I was having and still going down. She was helpful and said that she's happy I was honest and if I can stop as soon as I can, if you do before 16 weeks its to some degree like you never smoked. I'm not taking it as an opportunity, but a definite its going down as much as I can every day and knowing I still have time to turn it around. She's glad that I haven't drunk any alcohol since I found out and max would be 1-3 before I knew and she said that's fine and quite common, but none from now. Both hubby and I are cutting and quitting the smokes. It definitely plays my mind that I haven't been perfect but we are determined to be smoke free as soon as possible.
Overall she was very helpful. Blood pressure a tiny bit lower than normal for what it has been but its very healthy 110/50 and weight 64.3kg (for those that know metric) which is very average for me. We based an approximate starting weight on 64kg and am expected to gain at least 12kg and could afford 20 apparently... Ill avoid that much if I can!!! But bubba first and can take whatever it needs me .

Made a wicked fruit smoothie recipe today so we did loads of fruit and veg shopping which always makes me feel motivated :-)

Thanks for the kind words about my lil bump. It is showing quite early yes but I did show a tiny tiny bit at 8 weeks a year ago- same hard tummy type thing and now I'm probably just stretching a tad easier. Only the weeks to come will tell if it stays stationary for a bit or just keeps growing. I felt a lot of cramping last week and was advised it was probably the uterus stretching. All makes sense now.

How's everyone's symptoms??? I'm so hungry right now but have eaten dinner ages ago... Should be sleeping by now! I find I have some serious hankerings lately. A lot of it is the stuff I ate or had as treat food when I was a young child which is kinda interesting. Mostly salty foods like a particular noodle flavour I just demolished like it was going out of fashion...The odd but classic kid food for me is chocolate milk... Definitely a treat food then and still now!
My sickness is easing but still strikes almost guaranteed in the morning. Midwife is happy about that because if it continues I'm still pregnant hehe. Women tend to stress if they don't get stmtoms so she's happy I experience some. Makes both out lives easier.

I think that's about it for me! My next appt with her is early April at 14 weeks and next scan will be about 20 weeks which should show us gender! Bummed I can't get a 12 or 14 but I'm sure ill manage!

yummymummy1991