Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Healthy Pregnancy? Haha....ya about that...

Category: Due Date Clubs - October
Posted by tmd2992 » Mar. 4, 2013 2:11pm

So I realize that when I was TTCing, I told myself "I am going to walk everyday", "I am going to make healthy choices", "I am going to look so cute", "I am going to have a fit pregnancy!"....

Ya right. My longest walk is from my car in the parking lot to my desk at work. Healthy Choices is a joke... but it doesn't count if you just throw it all up anyway, right? I look like crap every second of every day. Acne, Bloat, Queasiness and Fatique. Need I say more?

I am hoping I get more healthy as time goes on....

I feel so sad and then I stand up and feel sick or dizzy and think "Ill work out next week".

Anyone else in the same boat? I am only 7 weeks so keep that in mind. If you do workout, what is your routine?

tmd2992

Replies (1)

Reply by Quartz3 » Mar. 4, 2013 2:36pm

If you made healthy choices before you got pregnant, it will be easy for you to continue. If you were more or less healthy, it's not going to be any easier to make changes now that you're pregnant. But I say, good intentions are a start! ;)

On top of that, early pregnancy, when you feel like crap and are fatigued easily, isn't the time when you're going to have either the motivation or the energy to be working out. So don't beat yourself up! Right now the most important thing is to listen to your body. If you're too tired to work out, get some sleep. If morning sickness has you throwing up all the time, stick with whatever you can keep down, even if it's not the healthiest stuff around.

I was lucky enough not to get morning sickness, but I was very fatigued in my first trimester. I generally run three times a week, but I barely could manage to fit one run in per week - and those were the good weeks! So I went for the little things: I helped my boyfriend shovel the snow once in a while; I went for walks when I had enough energy, I did some yoga, I took the stairs at work.

Now I'm 16 weeks and have a little more energy, so I'm gradually going back to running. If all goes well, I also wanna go to yoga weekly, and sign up for a prenatal water aerobics class.

Do what you can and don't worry about what you can't do right now. There will be plenty of time to work out when you have more energy and can keep fuel down.

Quartz3