Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Mommy makeover after delivery

Category: General - Newly Pregnant
Posted by cutesausage » Aug. 24, 2016 11:26am

Hello, I'm five months pregnant, and expecting my baby on December 12th. I like to have a tummy tuck from The Windsor Breast and Tummy Tuck Centre at Windsor after the delivery. My friends asked to take at least six months of rest after the surgery. How long should I wait after the delivery to have this surgery performed? Will this procedure affect my breastfeeding? Will it leave scars on my body? Please give some reply as I'm excited as well as scared about my first delivery.

cutesausage

Replies (3)

Reply by nreiselpn » Aug. 24, 2016 12:39pm

I think any respectful doctor will tell you to wait at least 6 months if not more . Of course it will effect breastfeeding as you will be give meds to put you to sleep as well as heavy narcotics after. Your body does some amazing things and returning to pre pregnancy shape is one of them save yourself so money and pain and wait to see what nature will do for you first. Plus who will be lifting and caring for your new baby during your lengthy recovery time.

nreiselpn

Reply by babylove14 » Aug. 26, 2016 11:39am

I agree with the first post. I know women who've bounced back by 6wks. My sis in law had a completely flat stomach by 2wks. I personally have loose skin and stretch marks but i don't mind. It's not so bad that I can't wear my regular clothes and my stretch marks are only visible if you're looking for them. Id suggest you worry aboit prevention right now. Keep your skin moist now with lotions and oils to help it stretch as you are approaching the point if the most growth. I use mother's special blend oil and lotions. Definitely give yourself time to heal to see if you even need one. I'd say at least 6 months like the previous poster but check with your doctor.

babylove14

Reply by babylove14 » Aug. 26, 2016 11:51am

Also, as far as breastfeeding goes, consider the fact that you can't take all pain medications. With my c section, i was on 2 types of pain medicines and they didn't work well enough. I just powered through the pain. So walking, picking my baby up, getting out of bed etc was all painful. Also, some medications can reduce breastmilk production.

babylove14