Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

What could this mean?

Category: Due Date Clubs - October
Posted by emk2617 » Apr. 25, 2013 7:53pm

So I'm 14 weeks today and have been feeling a lot a movement since last week. Now I put my hand to feel and me and my husband both think we can feel two different balls moving slightly. now I've already got one ultra sound and they said they only saw one but that was 6 weeks ago. Could this be twins?

emk2617

Replies (6)

Reply by jyi226 » Apr. 25, 2013 10:18pm

I suppose it could happen, but to my knowledge very early in pregnancy it is easy to see if you have twins because of the size of the baby. As the pregnancy progresses it can be ore difficult to see each baby entirely. So likely, if you had an ultrasound earlier they were probably right about you having a single.

User Image

jyi226

Reply by Justyna » Apr. 26, 2013 1:41pm

Hi there,

Its impossible for there to be twins IF they already saw one baby. At 6 weeks its likely that they just saw a small fetal pole (the baby) and one yolk sac (the ring like thing). WIth twins there are usually two seperate sac, one with a baby and a yolk sac or two yolk sacs and fetal poles within one sac. That being said if it was too early too see the fetal pole its possible that there may have been two that were mistaken for one. Not likely but possible.

On another note it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to feel movement at 14 weeks. Baby is only about 3.5 inches and TINY TINY TINY. You may feel gas (which is very very very common), but its not baby. I'm sorry!! Your uterus is a very very strong muslce which is protecting the baby from external forces right now so its just doing its job which means you cannot feel baby yet. If its your first pregnany its likely to start feeling movement around 18-20 weeks and if its a subsequent pregnancy 16-18 weeks.

Externally, not possible to feel any movement till about 20+weeks just due to the size of the fetus, the uterus which is protecting it as well as your actual body.

Justyna

Reply by Quartz3 » Apr. 26, 2013 2:36pm

While I agree it would be suprising that you have twins and they didn't see it at the ultrasound (although not impossible), I have to disagree with the previous poster as to feeling movement. I started feeling movement at 16 weeks, so I don't see why you couldn't feel it earlier (granted, this is my second pregnancy, but my first ended before I could feel any movement, and they say you only feel movement sooner after the first pregnancy because you know what it feels like then). As for external movement, in my case we were able to feel it by 17 weeks. So, although 14 weeks is very early to feel movement, especiallly externally, I would not dismiss it as impossible. Every woman is different!

Quartz3

Reply by Justyna » Apr. 26, 2013 7:42pm

Its not only because you know what it feels like that you can feel it sooner in the subsequent pregnancies. The uterus is usually a bit thinner as well as the ligaments and muslces surrounding it. While nothing is ever impossible I suppose it its very very unlikely. I do ultrasounds for a living and meet women everyday that say they feel baby move and when they have the ultrasound done its gas.

Justyna

Reply by emk2617 » May. 6, 2013 11:52pm

well this is my second child and my first started moving this early too! I can feel a difference between the two.

emk2617

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 7, 2013 3:18pm

It may be that your baby is moving several things at once... meaning that he/she may be kicking a leg and moving an arm at the same time.... maybe that is why you feel two different spots at one time! They do miss twins sometimes.... but it is more likely that the baby is moving around a lot and you just feel the two movements from the one baby. I am 20 weeks and having a hard time feeling movement with this one.... my first I felt around 16 to 18 weeks so every pregnancy can be different! Good luck enjoy it!

cjpalaska