Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

3 hour test came back

Category: Special - Pregnancy Complications & Testing
Posted by BenjaminsMommy2012 » Jun. 22, 2013 3:33pm

I had to go in for a 3 hour glucose test after my 10 week fast test came back high. it was gross and not fun, and boring sitting in the lab for almost half the day...anyways went to my 16 week checkup and it came out normal. My Ob told me that is good but asked if I wanted to retest in two months or do the sugar monitoring at home with a glucose meter like I did with my first child after having GD. I opted for the latter. Really, I would rather poke my finger a few times a day than go through that nasty test and getting my blood drawn several times for 3 hours then wait for test results. this way I can monitor my levels myself early. I do not think Dr.Batig will re test for GD unless a few of my home monitoring results come back high. Hopefully I will go the rest of my pregnancy without any high sugar levels and not having diabetes which would be so awesome and great since I have worked hard to manage my diet since I had the GD with LO.

Replies (3)

Reply by monika123 » Jul. 5, 2018 7:55am

My sister just had her glucose test as well. It was so long! We had to be in the lab for almost half the day. In her previous tests, the sugar level was quite high. So the doctor told her to get the glucose test. Thankfully everything is normal. The test said it was high because she had just had her food and you are not supposed to eat anything before the test. She won't be taking any more glucose tests I think.

monika123

Reply by Hannahh123 » 36 weeks ago

Hannahh123

Reply by Hannahh123 » 1 week ago

I hope the results in your favor. Stay positive and strong. There is nothing too much to worry about. There are a lot of treatments available. Therefore, they will help you on this journey. I am in the middle of the IVF process. Really hoping for the best. Sending baby dust your way.

Hannahh123