Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Stressed out!!!!

Category: General - Pregnancy Buddies/Groups
Posted by happymoma22 » Nov. 11, 2011 10:25am

So me and my dh are both experiencing pregnancy for the first time but he is away at school so we dont see eachother often. Even though wwe speak on the phone everyday I still get realy emotional and start to feel a lone and sometimes even recentful toward him. So today I simply asked him could he be a little more mushy ande like kick up the random I love yous and your beautifuls a notch. He immediately got offended and said im unappreciative. After 20mins of explaining to him that all I simply was asking for was for him to do it more because it made me feel better during my mood swings ...he still refused to do it n said because hes not a mushy person so for me to stop trying to force him. Clearly he doesn't understand me and I feel hes being selfish what do I do?

happymoma22

Replies (1)

Reply by snowen » Nov. 14, 2011 3:15pm

Hi happymoma22, this is my 1st pregnancy too and even though it has just begun (9wks along) it has definitely taken some adjustment for me and my dh. I donâ??t think men can truly understand pregnancy. They have no clue what weâ??re going through and how hormones can make us feel crazy.
I have gotten into a few fights over the past several weeks with my dh because Iâ??ve been feeling extremely emotional and I want him to be more supportive and loving -- especially when Iâ??m having mood swings.

I know it must be very difficult for you with your dh away. If I were you, I would bring it up again and just calmly explain that because you donâ??t see him often you need the added confirmation that he loves you and wants to be there for you. Since heâ??s not there to see what youâ??re going through everyday itâ??s probably harder for him to understand how drastically your life is changing. Just continue to try and explain it to him and hopefully your dh will come around and give you that extra support you need right now.

It has taken several talks with my dh for him to finally â??getâ?? that I am going to need extra love and attention while Iâ??m pregnant. Anyway, youâ??re definitely not alone in feeling this way â?? I think the majority of pregnant women get frustrated with their dhs at some point for not being supportive enough.

snowen