Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

NEED TO FIND SOLUTION

Category: Special - Pregnancy Complications & Testing
Posted by Alexis367 » Dec. 5, 2017 4:15am

I am a mother of three. Two years ago, my husband and I decided this was enough. So he got a vasectomy done. Since then he has gotten tested two times. Each time no sperm was detected. So,we were sure that the procedure was a success. However, this month AF was 10 days late. She is never late for me. I wasn't really worried. I just thought it must be work stress or something. Fast forward to two days ago. I finally did a pregnancy test at home. It was a positive. How is this even possible? We have an appointment with an OB to get the labs done.

Alexis367

Replies (8)

Reply by callisy » Dec. 6, 2017 1:26pm

Your story is amazing if not surprising. But nevertheless, I do wish you the best in your future.

callisy

Reply by Katy2017 » Jan. 11, 2018 8:26pm

Wow, I’m really surprised. How come that you got pregnant? As for me it is impossible. Did you talk to your doctor? I really want to know how it could happen. I’ve never heard anything like this before. May be it’s a fate.
Anyway, you are about to become a mother again. So, congratulations on your pregnancy. A lot of women dream to get pregnant at least once. You are really lucky woman. I’m unable to get pregnant but I have a kid. We adopted her 4 years ago. I really wish I could give birth on my own. Unfortunately, it is impossible.

Katy2017

Reply by callisy » Apr. 24, 2018 1:48pm

I am also amused of this. If the previous tests showed no sperms. After a vasectomy, live sperm may still be present in a man’s semen for a number of months. This means that there is still a risk of impregnating a woman after the operation. Alternate contraception must be used until there is no sperm present. Most doctors advise their patients that they should be sterile after two to three months. Or 20-25 ejaculations. But these are simply guidelines. It is still possible for a man to get a woman pregnant even if he is outside of these ranges. This is why doctors generally instruct their patients to have at least one semen analysis performed by a lab at some point after their operation. A sperm count is the only way to be certain a man is sterile. When a pregnancy occurs after vasectomy due to unprotected intercourse before the “all clear” is given. It is known as a “technical error”. While most men understand that they can still get a woman pregnant immediately following their vasectomy. A surprisingly large portion of men (40% to 50%) don’t go back for a semen analysis.

callisy

Reply by Hannahh123 » 19 weeks ago

Your story is really amazing. I am so happy that things worked for you. It is a miracle indeed. Just be happy and don't think too much about it. Good luck to you. I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you. I am also going to be starting with a process. Hoping that things work out.

Hannahh123

Reply by Hannahh123 » 12 weeks ago

Well, I hope its true. This is some great news! You should be happy about it. However, I would advise that you should keep checking. Mainly, because sometimes these tests are false as well. Wait for about 1 week and get a blood test done as well. Hopefully, a miracle occurred. Good luck to you.

Hannahh123

Reply by LucilleCooper » 12 weeks ago

This story is so complicated. But I m glad that you still got your BFP. You are so lucky that even after all these things worked out for you. I hope lab tests are also positive. Good luck! Stay blessed!

LucilleCooper

Reply by Hannahh123 » 8 weeks ago

Your doctor didn't carry the process out properly. Other than this there is no other thing that would have caused a problem. I hope things go well for you. Just stay strong and positive. I can understand how hard this must be for you. However, dont let it push you down. This time make sure to visit the right doctor. I am sure things will get better.

Hannahh123

Reply by pagerelvy33 » 6 days ago

oh.. I think that it is better to go see a dr. but such things can happen
I really hope that you are happy right now. and all of the kids are happy too
xx

pagerelvy33